UW Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UW Medicine (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Fairly standard. I applied online, and was contacted via email for a phone screening. I went through two rounds of in-person interviews over the next two weeks (they did not pay for travel). About a week later I was asked what my salary range was, and it was outside their maximum. I was told I would be kept updated. Two weeks went by before I reached out to confirm the status and was told they could not meet my salary expectations. That was totally fine, but I would have liked to have been given an update, as promised. It was not a good experience to invest so much time in the interview process only to get radio-silence after initial discussions (not a formal offer) of salary.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you supported a staff member. What are the challenges health care is facing? What is the future of marketing?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UW Medicine (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted roughly two months after submitting by application. I received a computer generated message instructing me to answer some work availability questions and included a link to a Codility test. The Codility test was difficult and probably not the best indicator for coding ability.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

Interview

I think it depends on the department you're applying for, my interview process went extremely well especially for being an out of state candidate. Interview process took about two months but the hiring manager did a great job keeping me informed on what the next steps were going to be. It's definitely a waiting game, but remember patience is a virtue!

- Applied online
    - Skype interview with hiring manager and department head
    - Skype interview with future team members
    - References Checked
    - Offer extended
    - Background Checked

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've had to implement a change that you did not support.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. And I'm really glad I did. If you do negotiate, it has to get approved from HR before the offer can be officially made. So this may delay the wait a tiny bit longer.

Nurse Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UW Medicine (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process was done with the director, who both scheduled and interviewed me. It took over a month for me to hear back about an interview. When I interviewed, it was made out that I would be meeting with the nurse recruiting teams the following week. He told me he would organize it within a day or two and get back to me asap. I followed up a week later and never heard a response.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UW Medicine (Sarasota, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I only made it pass the initial phone screening interview because the assistant director who was supposed to interview me cancelled the interview 15 minutes before my Skype interview, which was scheduled about 2 weeks ahead of time. He asked to reschedule so I emailed him with my availability immediately and didn't hear back; I emailed him again the following week and didn't hear back. I felt extremely disrespected and the lack of professionalism is a huge red flag. I would never want to work for a company like this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UW Medicine.

Interview

It was ok. The interviewer seemed very serious/formal but that was fine. We just went through every question and they gave me a tour of the unit. I was told I was in the top choice of candidates but I did not make the cut (but was encouraged to reapply). It was sad but I understood.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used great teamwork.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were most proud of yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are the normal vital signs?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when you come in a room and find a patient on the floor?   Answer Question
    • How do you cope with stressful situations where more than one nurse wants something from you?   Answer Question

Senior Information Security Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UW Medicine (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to UW Med ITS in February 2016. From the first email questionnaire to the phone screen took a couple weeks. Then I didn’t hear a word until mid april. At that point I was scheduled for an in-person interview. With that length of time without any updates a candidate could safely surmise they were not selected. The interview was a fairly standard panel interview. In mid June the “reference check” process completed and I was informed that my references did not meet their standards and they wished me luck in my future endeavors. As an IT professional interviewing for a Sr. level position this was one of the longest and most drawn out interview processes I have ever experienced. Unfortunately I would be very hesitant to recommend UW Med ITS to my fellow security professionals.

Interview Questions

• How do you define critical thinking?   1 Answer

NP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UW Medicine.

Interview

The interview process was easy for me. I met with the physicians from the clinic downtown at Harborview. I get the sense that ease is not always the case and it takes them months to interview and fill a position. I have also noticed that the pay is less than comparable to other employers in the area. As a employee of the state, your salary is public knowledge and can be found online.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UW Medicine (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

This was an interview for the fiscal intern position at Department of Cardiology. This a student position. The interview process was pretty simple, I wouldn't expect it to be like this for full-time positions or internships. They basically gave me a call and told me to come one day that fit within my school schedule. It was a 2 on 1 interview with the fiscal specialists. the interview probably lasted about 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with reconciliation?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in this job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UW Medicine (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone discussion and scheduled a 1:1 interview for later in the week. That interview was very comfortable and carried on conversationally for an hour. Immediately was asked to return for a panel interview the next week. The panel was with 4 team members in similar roles and again was comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and responsive to my questions. I was told that the choice was between one other candidate and myself, and that I should expect to hear by the end of the day or early the following day. Never received a call, which I took to mean that the other individual was chosen. I was OK with that, but a call to let me know would have been considerate. This was actually the second time this had happened after an interview at UW Medicine within a month. Three trips there and time away from work, a simple call is the least they could do. Might make me think twice before even applying next time.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty standard regarding past work experiences, difficult coworkers, and systems knowledge.   Answer Question