Uber Associate General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uber Associate General Manager Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied online but didn't get response. I was then able to get an employee referral and had a 1:1 interview. Interview was for an hour. The organisation is growing fast you can feel that there is a lot of issues in the hiring process

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go through resume and why I want to join Uber.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied based on recommendation from a friend who is a Community Manager there. Had an initial 30 minute conversation with Recruiter Eden who was very nice and friendly. Asked about my experience, things I am most proud of, challenges and successes.

Next step was an analytics exercise for 2 hours using Excel. Give you a few hundred lines of data on drivers and usage and ask you 3 in depth questions on fleet management. Pretty challenging given the time limit and the fact that you have to make some pretty serious assumptions given the minimal additional information.

After a few week delay I was contacted for a potential follow up given the original opportunity was filled.

Interview Questions

• The analytics exercise. If you're rusty with pivot tables and data assumptions make sure to brush up before stage two.   Answer Question

Associate General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

it begins with an email from recruiter, with a link to perform a 2-hr test within 3 days. I did the research on Glassdoor and concur with the comments left from others so please look at the questions provided by others before you take the test. The test doesn't require any local knowledge on the transportation market nor you need to do a lot of research about the company's activities locally.

Interview Questions

• The most important advice i have to offer is to be familiar with using pivot table, otherwise there won't be sufficient time to double check your answers or progress through the latter free-form questions (writing a mock letter to recruit drivers, to entice them to work during holiday hours when anticipated demand will be high, etc.)   Answer Question

Associate General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Uber in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from a recruiter in SF. She was very nice, polite and made the interview seem more like a conversation where I would tell her about myself and my interest in the company. She asked me about my experience and background and was very interested in my entrepreneurial side and background (that's something Uber looks for in the GM's). Eventually she asked me why I wanted to get a job, and why I was interested in Uber. Then she asked me what I would I do as a GM in my city and what plans I had in mind for Uber as a GM. She also wanted to know why I thought I was a good fit for the role and what challenges I considered Uber might have locally and how I would overcome them.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked me what innovative plans I had for Uber in my city if I got the job as the GM that responded to particularities of the city I would be leading. She wanted me to walk her through ideas that I had to increase the number of people using the service.   Answer Question

Associate General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or two, a recruiter contacted me, proposing to take a 2h test, which was, mostly, data analysis in Excel. After test was submitted, the recuiter never contacted me back, nor replied e-mails.
    This behaviour completely ruined my, previously very positive, attitude to Uber company.

Guys, really, you just can't keep high-standard black mark and employ uncontrolled HR person. Do you control your drivers, after all?

Interview Questions

• Calculate, what will be the financial difference Uber driver (given # of weeks worked, car rent and insuarance rate, some other info), if the driver agrees to buy higher class car.   Answer Question

Associate General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber in February 2014.

Interview

Similar to other responses - just want to add 2 key points on 2 quiz questions. The questions ask you to calculate the annual earnings of a driver using a set of variables they give you. One of the variables is that the driver takes 3 weeks' leave p.a., and one of the expense variables is Car lease costs. Now leasing a car would have to be for the full 52 months of the year, but it seemed their calc was to apply the lease cost for 49 weeks only (i.e. exclude the leave period). Doesn't make sense in a real world scenario. The leasing cost would surely be fore 52 months. (unless things work differently in the US to my country)

The second part of this question asks how much the driver income must increase to cover the cost of an outright vehicle purchase. Simple goal seek question, but what they dont say is that the driver must still make the same Net Profit p.a. AND cover the cost of the car. Unless I screwed it up, you have to assume this to come out with an answer that is in the multiple choice list.

Other than that, pretty straight forward, but you do need to work pretty snappily to come in under 2hrs comfortably

Interview Questions

• Unclear variables and assumptions made the "Determine Driver annual earnings" question trickier than it should have been.   Answer Question

Associate General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Uber (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied via the web form, received a introductory call three days later followed by an exam in statistics and reasoning. The hiring manager was a really cool and nice guy who gave me a solid run down of wha tI was to expect in the competency test. I spent too much time focusing on the statistics and neglected all of the logic questions unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to advertise Uber in your city?   1 Answer