Uber Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uber Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Uber

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

2 rounds. First one is the technical interview where you talk with a senior data scientist and work through a case study together. If you pass this round, you have an interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• We walked through my resume. We discussed my last project in detail, he asked me a lot of "to the point" questions.
    It was a position at UberEats, he asked me if I used the app before.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

I applied online and started with a recruiter call. The hiring manager call went well. I did the data challenge and received a 1 line rejection with no feedback whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a regression to an executive with no background in statistics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

a phone call from recruiter. Then, a phone call from hiring manager and a take-home assignment. The recruiter forgot to send me the assignment on the pre-scheduled day. Then, i changed my schedule to work on the take-home assignment (I have full-time job). After I sent the assignment to them, there is no feedback. Then, 20 days later i sent an email to ask for assignment result, and recruiter said the role was filled. Very disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Pretty standard process, one tech phone interview, flew to CA for onsite meeting with differnet team members/managers as well as two product managers, mostly tech/stats questions, PM asked about case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a 1 hour technical challenge. That's it. They used HackerRank which was hard to use for both parties but we figured it out. The interviewer did not sound like he had a lot of relevant experience to be interviewing for this position.

Interview Questions

• Build a text wrapper. For example, split a long sentence by some character limit only at spaces.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview, data challenges, onsite.
    Overall positive experience for all the technical rounds. Most interviewers are trying to understand what you know and how much you know rather than asking you something you are not familiar with. For example, I was asked an NLP question in one round of interview. I mentioned that I not very familiar with NLP but I will try to answer based on my general knowledge in NLP. The interviewer immediately decided to switch to questions in other fields "Let's talk about something you know". And then we had a great conversation about several algorithms/techniques/design.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

submitted application online. then I got 3 different tests each one for a week. with SQL , KPI, classification, optimization and ML problems. afterwards I was set up for a technical video interview

Interview Questions

• SQL , KPI, classification, optimization and ML problems   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Great interview experience. People want to know if you are passionate about Uber and know how to get things done. It was a great experience and I love the working space.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Uber in March 2019.

Interview

get a data challenge after I applied online. And I got an live interview couple weeks after I finished the challenge. It's a talk and code interview. They ask technical questions and asked you to write code as they requested. They said there will be second interview if you pass. Never heard from them again

Interview Questions

• basic statistics questions(I forgot exactly what they are)   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

30 mins, fast pace, brain teaser, basic knowledges of stat and econometrics. econometrics modeling ( biasness etc.)
    Need to be prepared very well. No behavirol questions or intro. At the very start, they give you the questions.