Uber Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Uber Freight

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Uber Freight (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied with employee referral, I got a phone screen several weeks later, then went to onsite interviews. The onsite interview consists of two coding interviews, one system and architecture interview, and one hiring manager interview.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Uber Freight (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

On campus interview with a recruiter after applying on college job board, then an on-site interview in Chicago office. The on-site was four 30 minute interviews with employees from different teams/areas and then a lunch where I could ask questions in a more casual setting with a couple other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Q. If you got a meeting with Leor Ron, what would you ask him?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uber Freight (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

You'll get a call if you know someone on the inside then a set of interviews with team members from different departments. Hiring manager will let you know if you made it.

Interview Questions

• In your option how is Uber Freight changing the industry   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Uber Freight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process itself was straightforward. The onsite interview consisted of system design, algorithm & design, coding and tech feedback rounds.

What was horrible was my experience with the recruiter. She had no respect for my time throughout the process. She set up an initial call to talk about the interview process and never called. After the onsite interview she randomly reached out to me to talk about next steps. I wasn't available so asked her to reschedule and never heard back from her for few days. Then she scheduled two meetings for the same reason. She would then cancel / reschedule the meeting after the start time. She showed complete disrespect for my availability.

During the interview, the interviewers kept reiterating the fact that I should feel free to reach out to them if need. When I did reach out to one of them to raise my concerns, I didn't hear back.

Seems like the company lacks any respect for your time. I declined their offer just because of this. I am glad I found this out now than later.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber Freight in July 2019.

Interview

The first interview was a standard phone screen with a recruiter. The second was zoom meeting with the hiring manager — pretty standard interviews for an enterprise sales role. The hiring manager had a hard time relating to anything outside of freight, but the interview still went well, and the next steps were set for me to travel to Chicago to move forward in the interview process. Instead, I received an email saying I was removed from consideration. So the hiring manager is unprofessional and lacks integrity, frustrating but ultimately dodging a bullet.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber Freight (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

It is a three step process with three interviews.
    First, applying and being approved by recruiter
    Second, three back to back in person 30 minute interviews about your past and relevant work experience
    Third, an offer is made to you for the position and compensation

Interview Questions

• What are some past metrics you can speak towards? Without too many specifics, what was some measurable success?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Uber Freight (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

It was an internal process, however, internal promotions and interviews don't allow you to negotiate salary. You will need to show previous accounts or clients who've worked with in the past.

Freight Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber Freight (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

Interviewee will sit through 4 separate interviews with managers from the same organization. Be prepared to demonstrate your knowledge of the industry and show how eager you are to meet goals.

Interview Questions

• What can Uber freight do better?   1 Answer

Account Representative, Carrier Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uber Freight (Chicago, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

Required presentation, which took several hours and "pre-approval" for qualification to be interviewed - with 3 managers (separately), not 3 at once. The process was not difficult, but time-consuming.

Applicant beware: apparently, if you are older, prepare to be questioned.

One of the first questions was: "How would you feel working with younger co-workers?" Really??

Yes, the question was proposed "nicely" but seriously, I may be older but not blind... I can see your age is younger (as well as everyone else in the office) so it clearly is an issue for Uber or you would NOT have asked, right?! If offered a position, I can say "no" if I had an issue with unequal age co-workers. So much for Equal Opportunity Employer...

Interview Questions

• How would you answer the question of Not having an option to negotiate pay from a shipper?   1 Answer