Uber Analyst (Data Science) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 3.8K interviews

Interviews at Uber

Negative100%
Applied online100%
5.0
HardAverageEasy

Uber

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2016

Interview

Phone screen, LONG and challenging take home 'analytics challenge' that I spent over 12 hours on, then phone interview with hiring manager (that the recruiter called a 'technical interview' but all the questions were behavioral), grueling onsite interview from 10:45am to 4:00pm. Recruiters were terrible. Their soonest phone screen was 3 weeks out. They told me there would be a coding portion of the onsite interview that I could do in any language I preferred but that never happened. I was also told to expect time series questions, but that also did not happen. I did have to whiteboard basic SQL code. Everyone seemed very low energy and disinterested in speaking with me, but that could be because I did not perform well on one of the early interviews and word likely spread. I realized I would never want to work with such mean people at such a disorganized company anyways.

Interview Questions
  • Write an equation to optimize the marketing spend between Facebook and Twitter campaigns.
    1 Answer