Uber Operations & Logistics Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Uber

2,772 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter shortly after applying. Quick 30 minute interview, pretty typical...education, work experience, why would you be a good fit, etc. They then will ask you to complete a LENGTHY assessment. I do believe the assessment is a good indicator of how you would do in the role, but I have the suspicious feeling they aren't even interested in hiring you, just using you for the ideas you are asked to create in the assessment. Whether or not that is true, I don't know, but overall the people there are very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

I submitted an application, they responded by email 3 months later. First there was a phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes and asked very basic first interview questions (tell me about yourself, why uber? tell me about being in a challenging situation and how you overcame it...etc). At the end of this interview they said the hiring process would be 3 weeks total and consist of 2 interviews, a homework assignment, and a group day project with existing employees and other applicants. The homework assignment was a very time-consuming marketing exercise full of hypothetical emails, tweets, blogs, and a "laundry list" of marketing ideas for the company. I kind of think they send this out to a bunch of hopeful applicants with no intention of hiring them just to get free ideas. I submitted the assignment within 3 days of the first interview and received an email a week later saying they are really busy and will get back to me soon. My next email was about a week after that saying it was not the right fit at this time.

Interview Questions

• part of the homework assignment ask specifics about marketing metrics and gave specific numbers and margins to analyze.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Similar to what others have described. Overall, I didn't feel I was being dragged along like others - they we're pretty up front the other time of expectations.

Overall their HR staff was some of the best I've had to deal with, especially compared to others at similar companies in the area. They were extremely prompt and actually really friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked for a lot of marketing ideas off the top of my head.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber in March 2013.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter in California over the phone for a position in Boston. She was outside at a mall or restaurant or something on a cell phone and it was very difficult to hear her, although she tried moving several times. I don't know why she wasn't calling from an office. Questions were fine, background, job description. Expected a followup with the person in Boston but instead got a quick rejection.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Tough for an entry level position.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I don't have much input here; I simply had a phone call with an internal recruiter, but very early on, we both deemed I wasn't a good fit for the job. No further progress was made. She was nice, and well organized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter quickly and a skype interview was set up.

Skype interview was fairly quick, went over my resume, questions about hobbies/what you like to do and my personal usage of Uber which I had many examples of.

Sent a creative project to complete in a week by Friday. Worked on the creative piece which included two examples of blog posts, a laundry list of marketing ideas, answers to tough customer service questions, responses to twitter posts both positive and negative about Uber and some simple math problems about making promotions profitable. I put quite a bit into the creative piece which took a lot of time.

I received a direct email from a Senior Community Manager who said:

"Hey ------ -

---- from Uber here. Enjoyed your creative/resume, but it looks like you've never used Uber before.

What's the deal !?"

I responded to this email with countless times I have used Uber and how I recommend it to many people who are now fans. I have not been the person who ordered the Uber when I took it, but I have a great understanding of how Uber works. I found this email strangely curt and somewhat unprofessional. I followed up with my recruiter already sensing I was not being considered. She followed up with me a few days telling me that I was not the right fit at that time.

So, I proved that I was qualified both in experience on my resume and also by my creative piece but was not considered because I haven't personally ordered an Uber car, I have just taken one. I think being dismissive of a qualified candidate not the best approach. I also think it is for the best if this is how the company treats qualified candidates who put a lot of effort into the creative piece. Uber should MAYBE a different approach to hiring. I also saw that they reposted the position, which makes me believe I was most likely the best candidate they had at that time.

Interview Questions

• Enjoyed your creative/resume, but it looks like you've never used Uber before. What's the deal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY).

Interview

phone screen, second round video conference. Intial phone screen with university alumni then after about 1 week got back to me to schedule a video conference interview. The phone interview lasted around 40 minutes, and the video conference lasted around 30 minutes. did not really ask about insights or how one can contribute to the company. normal interview questions, strengths weaknesses etc.

Interview Questions

• None, all are expected questions. No insightful questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Boston, MA).

Interview

Skype interview with HR in San Francisco, she asked basic questions about past experience. Connection malfunctions made it difficult to hear each other. The next step was to fill out an exercise packet of blog examples and email examples to demonstrate writing abilities. Final interview was with the Manager of the local office, also through Skype. The same questions were asked but only minor technical difficulties. She did not seem to look at my resume before hand. I was later denied via email shortly after. They are professional but I do not like Skype interviews, I'd rather have a phone interview, because the camera was turned off anyways. Also I would have rather come into the office for the second interview.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

I interviewed with an HR person in California for my non-CA-based CM position. I was then given a Creative Exercise to complete over the weekend that asked me to respond to customer emails, and tweets and come up with marketing ideas and blog posts. After that I had a Skype interview with the person who currently held my job. After that I had another Skype interview with the new person who held the CM job. Lastly, I was invited to the office for a two-hour interview that included another creative exercise and presentation and then four or five two-on-one interviews with other CMs and employees.

Interview Questions

• Being asked about new ideas for marketing initiatives, and then being asked about how I would evaluate those including data I would need and ideas about who to communicate with about the potential promotion.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Received an interview after 1 week of submitting my application, which I really appreciate.

Spoke with a very friendly HR person and she followed-up with me within the time frame she told me. This was also pretty great. She walked me through the interview process, but this is where I feel I was led astray. I was told there would be another interview before a creative exercise was assigned. I really had ideas running through my head, but didn't think i would need to have them ready for my next interview.

I only got one step in and it was a Skype call with the city GM. I figured it would be a pretty straight forward interview and if that went well I would receive the "creative exercise." Instead the GM asked about it towards the end of our interview, for a different market than I was expecting. I think this is what eventually prevented me to move forward.

Received the generic email that they would not proceed the next day. Overall appreciate the speed of it.

Interview Questions

• We're expecting to expand to a new area, what would you do to promote this. Who would you invite and why.   Answer Question