Uber Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uber Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Uber

3.1

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Technical phone screen with Uber ATG's Labeling team. Question was challenging and open-ended.

Although I did poorly in the interview, my interviewer was friendly, interested in getting to know me, and more than willing to answer all of my questions about the company and the team.

Interview Questions

• Design question where you're given a simple problem (ex: find the distance between two points) which is repeatedly expanded upon.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and transparent. The difficulty was the same as any other technical coding interview. Preparation with leetcode or cracking the coding interview will prepare you well

Interview Questions

• Given a boolean 2D matrix, find the number of islands. A group of connected 1s forms an island.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

It took about 2 months. Two rounds of phone interviews Two weeks in between. Sometimes it takes a long time to hear back from recruiter. I heard a positive feedback but wasn't able to get since they filled all their intern positions.

Interview Questions

• Resume about 5 mins.
      some lc medium-hard questions as well as a OOD question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Contacted after career fair, then I had an on-campus interview, then I had a final phone call. The on-campus interview experience was good, and everything moved quickly. In the final phone interview I had trouble understanding my interviewer but mostly failed because I got nervous and didn't code my solution properly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Uber (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

5-10 mins of talking about yourself and your resume. The 2 interviewers will be in the same room, 1 will be observing the whole thing and the other will held the 1st interview. 2 technical on-site interviews, with 15 mins break in between.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array find out how many duplicates there are, given user input.   Answer Question
    • Given a set of 2 lists, with different time intervals, merge the overlapping intervals. (This is the same as merge overlapping in geeksforgeeks)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uber (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2019.

Interview

It was an online coding interview. The interviewers were polite and patient and even helped when stuck. They spoke about what they were working on, inquired about my projects. The interview went for an hour.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews. The first was a behavioral interview and the last two were technical rounds. The technical rounds consisted of 2 interviews each around 45 min. The process took 3 months because of scheduling issues. Overall still a great experience!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

There was two 45 minutes interviews. Pass one then the schedule the second one. Pass the second one and you get an offer. IT was a very streamline process and smooth.

Interview Questions

• csv reader - leetcode medium
      Leetcode medium question and writing a testing method   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

2 phone interviews with hackerrank. Data structures and algorithms questions. First interviewer was great, but the second was horrible. My second interviewer showed up 15 minutes late but grew up in the same place I live so we connected on that. Throughout the interview there were technical difficulties on his side and he was forcing me to use built in class methods that seemed unnecessary. He was also making jokes and cursing. By the end of it he just wanted to end it so he could go and get lunch so he told me I did pretty good and he was passing me. I was told they would contact me soon and I got an email 4 days later rejecting me.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

The university recruiter came to my university for a technical interview, and he was great (friendly, attentive).
    However, the second round phone interview was the worst interview I had in terms of the interviewer's attitude. He was 10 minutes late to the interview, and as soon as he saw that I'm struggling with the question, he lost all interest and became really indifferent. I asked him questions on the phone, and he would not even say anything for many minutes, returned and asked me to explain my code. I am pretty sure he was doing something else during my interview. There were many interviews that I struggled with, but none of the interviewers were as unfriendly as him.