Uber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017
1,666 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Paris (France)) in February 2017.

Interview

Process:
    - HR interview
    - Analytics test
    - Interview with hiring Manager
    - Case presentation to hiring Manager and other employees (1 week preparation)
    ... stopped here unfortunately

I received amazing and outstanding support from the recruiting HR person to prepare those interviews.
    I'd advise some serious training on the company and business model even before applying

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very rigorous but fair. It started from an HR Screen, and was followed by a Technical interview, 24-page market sizing exercise and 1-hr long jam session.

Often Talent Teams get (and perhaps justified) bad rep. Most are unreliable, slow and unknowledgeable about how to spot the top talent. However, once in a while you get lucky and meet someone, whose business acumen, strong work ethics and dependability simply blow your socks off.

That's Richard Ha. Without a doubt Rich is one of the very best Talent Acquisition Experts I had pleasure to work with. (and if I start another startup I will ask Rich to join).

Rich is strong, driven, hard-working (yes, expect a friendly ping at midnight) and transparent.

Rich trusted in me, and despite all negative Uber publicity wanted me to stick with the process. In the end, I didn't get the job but thanks to Rich my journey through Uber's recruiting funnel was just a breeze :)

Interview Questions

• Put some time and energy into writing the assignment -- it heavily weights during the hiring process and can help you anticipate future interview questions :)   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber in October 2015.

Interview

Long and intense process that was difficult to find the time to prepare for. initial screening, creative exercise, 1:1, individual manager interviews and then a group panel focusing on a business exercise

Community Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Uber required me do a "homework" assignment before giving me an interview. I spent a week working on marketing ideas and promotions (ended up being an 8 page report), sent it to Uber, and never got a call back. NO explanation whatsoever why I wasn't moving forward. The EXACT same thing happened to my fiance. It's clear Uber is asking folks to do this just to take their ideas, while not have any intentions on hiring them. Super sketchy and unethical. Don't waste your time!

Interview Questions

• Write two blog posts, customer emails, twitter responses, marketing promotions, analytical questions, etc   Answer Question

Regional Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber (Mexico City (Mexico)) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 3 sets of interviews, first with the recruiter, an exercise with pretty specific questions about the role, and then 2 blocks of panel interviews. All of them via Zoom.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in your first day at a fast paced company as UBER and what are the first 10 things to do...   Answer Question
    • What do you love (if any) about UBER? how many cities are we in? When did the company was created?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Depending on level, the scope and depth of knowledge will be thoroughly tested.
    Expect to be asked to write production-quality code for some sort of Uber innovation.
    Everyone is super-friendly, and willing to challenge your cherished first ideas. Don't be afraid to push back.
    Ask clarifying questions.

Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Most analytically rigorous interview I've been through. Very thorough, transparent and recruiter was extremely helpful through the process. There were multiple rounds of interviews which gave me strong confidence they have a very high bar for new hires.

Interview Questions

• Generally asked about my background, fit and key metrics I'd use to measure my product/teams performance.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview consisted of 4 stages. The first one was the phone screening with HR, then I got 2 case studies to complete which was followed by the presentation to the hiring manage. Next stage was then meeting the head of the department and the last stage was the cultural fit interview with the new teammates that you will be working with.

Operations and Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY).

Interview

Extremely exhaustive and rigorous. Multiple analytics and quantitative analysis tests. I think I went through 5-6 interviews as well as a team grilling session. They definitely want to make sure you can handle fast and challenging data analysis in a high pressure environment as well as testing you as a culture fit by firing tons of questions at you from a panel of current employees.

Interview Questions

• Create a business model using a raw data set. They provided me with raw data about driving behavior and asked me to create a business model as if I was an Uber driver.   1 Answer

Community Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Warsaw (Poland)) in November 2016.

Interview

First i passed the recruiter screen, after i was informed by mail to do analytical test. which takes 2h i has 32 questions. Very difficult as time goes by very fast and you very limited time to each question. You need your math and excel skills(pivot table, max, min formulas) to make it. There are also some open essays question.After i passed the test i had a scheduled chat with recruiter. It was nice talk, pretty straight forward questions like tell me about your background, why uber, how do you understand that role? I am waiting now for another interview so i am still in process

Interview Questions

• In four sentences or fewer how would you convince a driver to become a top driver on a platform without using a monetary incentive (test question)   1 Answer
    • One of the most critical Pieces to Uber’s success is havinig strong relationship with our driver, In a single paragraph, illustrate several relathionships with driver partner. How would you contribute to this community (test question)   Answer Question
    • In one paragraph describe one way to improve rider engagement.
      Tip: this could either involve riders who have used the app before or not (test question)
      Answer Question
    • Of these following promotion which do you think would result better adoption of uber delivery service?
      Two5$ coupons