Uber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,041 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Seattle, WA).

Interview

applied through my university, got back to me in two weeks with an on campus interview, had normal technical interview, question was hard and interviewer didn't seem to care, kept checking emails on his phone

Operations & Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in September 2013.

Interview

It was intense. A good mix of very analytical and also creative exercises. By the time you are done, you are REALLY invested in getting the job. It was really grueling - but also incredibly interesting at the same time.

Interview Questions

• It's NYE, and you need to get an additional 25% of supply hours into the system. What do you do?   Answer Question

Head of Vendor Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2017.

Interview

after application via company web site they scheduled a video call. although it was connected via Skype recruiter did not turn on his camera. it took almost half an hour.

Interview Questions

• what make you apply for our company/this job?   Answer Question
    • if you get the job what will be the first thing you will do during your first day at the Office?   Answer Question
    • what do you do to create motivation for the team?   Answer Question

Strategy and Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had an 20 minutes interview by skype. Then analytics test (very hard) where they test your excel level and analytical skills. Then a final interview with the recruiter and future boss.

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process takes 1.5 months in average. the Interview flow is the following:
    1st contact thru a recruiter. Then an Skype interview is set for 1 or 2 days after. This is the entry level questions in a meeting for 30 min were the first recruiter evaluates your motivation, inspiration, joy, what drives you, your style and a bit of general knowledge about UBER.
    If the recruiter thinks you are up to the race then will deliver an e-mail to complete a test. here's an extract of what you'll be prompted:
     "You have been invited to attend the challenge Greenlight Manager - Uber Analytics Test V3.1
    The test is number based and logical questions. Pivot tables and quick answers on raw data organization is necessary. 2 hrs are intended to be as there's no much time left for corrections or delays. Is a bit demanding so I really recommend to have all resources possible prior completing the test.
    Then you are guided to set another Skype interview with recruiter number 2 thru Calendy. This interview is a week after the first one. During the 2nd interview a more experienced recruiter starts to pop questions with more insight in what you have to offer, what are tour strengths and weakness, describing your experience and how will be applicable to UBER and the position itself. During this interview a more detailed approach is given by the recruiter for you to understand the position open not just from the task, roles & responsibilities but for the workflow and scope of work slightly. This interview is 30 min long. This 2nd recruiter will be your pivot point and you'll have open communications all along thru process with him/her.
    Then 2 interviews are set for that same week one after another. 30 min each. The interviewers are actual managers working in other countries with similar positions that the one you are competing. It could be peers or same position. However the idea is clear: For them to have an overview of yourself in terms of team management, problems solving approach, leadership skills, empathy etc. They will tell you how's the job you'll be doing in a much more detailed insight and questions re much allowed at the end of the interview. it's very important to ask as many interesting open question you can as you'll be needing that info later on in the process. If Both interviewers qualify you OK, then you continue...
    Another e-mail is resumed by you assigned recruiter, in 2 -3 days from last interview. Now you'll have to complete a creative test.
    "The purpouse of this exercise is that you can have a better picture of what this role is, and for the team to have a better idea of your Customer Service, Organization and Analytical skills."
    The recruiter ask for you to deliver an excel file completed were you make your calcs and a presentation (could be in ppt or keynote) that will be presented in 10-15 mins later.
    After you finish the exercise and send that e-mail and send your availability for meet during the following week, you are set in to assist to Uber headquarters depending on the city you are applying. Another e-mail is received by a 3rd recruiter (local) that will send you the information of address, people who are going to interview you and schedule. This is the final proof. 5 People will be interviewing you. 30 min each talking to you and reviewing your profile in a seek for each of them that you pass their biasses and mental filters.
    First, you'll have a one on one video chat with 2 interviewers that will ask you mostly your motivations, experience and will ask to present to them during 10-15 min your slides. Ask really meaningful questions aligned with the position and probably the exercise idea is to show what kind of problems they are into.
    Second, another video interview from operations & logistic manager overseas asking a much more number focus questions, the way you think and how you solve problems etc.
    Third; the General manager of the location/region/country will approach you during a 30 min chat in person. This is the most difficult one depending on the GM style. You need to show confidence and show you're the one to choose. How? by answer his questions using all the insight you've been collecting during the process. The business model is the main focus, the idea is you to have all the information from the market, the approach the strategy they are putting in place etc before you start that chat. The main questions here are growth issues, strategy approach, team management, and how will you achieve it...
    Fourth: Another one on one meeting with an operations & logistic manager... This more focus in new ideas, ways of thinking, will hand you paper and pencil for you to draw process flows of an specific issue they might be having etc. The idea is to rank how quick and effective are you to draw an idea or a process.
    Still waiting on the offer...

Interview Questions

• Why Uber?
      Why are you the one for UBER?
      Tell me 2 things that you do very good and 2 things you'll probably change?
      How you manage change? how you adapt? tell me an specific example
      If we are growing and suddenly need to focus on efficiency, what will you do?
      How do you motivate your team? Give examples   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Paris (France)) in February 2017.

Interview

Process:
    - HR interview
    - Analytics test
    - Interview with hiring Manager
    - Case presentation to hiring Manager and other employees (1 week preparation)
    ... stopped here unfortunately

I received amazing and outstanding support from the recruiting HR person to prepare those interviews.
    I'd advise some serious training on the company and business model even before applying

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very rigorous but fair. It started from an HR Screen, and was followed by a Technical interview, 24-page market sizing exercise and 1-hr long jam session.

Often Talent Teams get (and perhaps justified) bad rep. Most are unreliable, slow and unknowledgeable about how to spot the top talent. However, once in a while you get lucky and meet someone, whose business acumen, strong work ethics and dependability simply blow your socks off.

That's Richard Ha. Without a doubt Rich is one of the very best Talent Acquisition Experts I had pleasure to work with. (and if I start another startup I will ask Rich to join).

Rich is strong, driven, hard-working (yes, expect a friendly ping at midnight) and transparent.

Rich trusted in me, and despite all negative Uber publicity wanted me to stick with the process. In the end, I didn't get the job but thanks to Rich my journey through Uber's recruiting funnel was just a breeze :)

Interview Questions

• Put some time and energy into writing the assignment -- it heavily weights during the hiring process and can help you anticipate future interview questions :)   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber in October 2015.

Interview

Long and intense process that was difficult to find the time to prepare for. initial screening, creative exercise, 1:1, individual manager interviews and then a group panel focusing on a business exercise

Community Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Uber required me do a "homework" assignment before giving me an interview. I spent a week working on marketing ideas and promotions (ended up being an 8 page report), sent it to Uber, and never got a call back. NO explanation whatsoever why I wasn't moving forward. The EXACT same thing happened to my fiance. It's clear Uber is asking folks to do this just to take their ideas, while not have any intentions on hiring them. Super sketchy and unethical. Don't waste your time!

Interview Questions

• Write two blog posts, customer emails, twitter responses, marketing promotions, analytical questions, etc   Answer Question

Regional Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber (Mexico City (Mexico)) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 3 sets of interviews, first with the recruiter, an exercise with pretty specific questions about the role, and then 2 blocks of panel interviews. All of them via Zoom.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in your first day at a fast paced company as UBER and what are the first 10 things to do...   Answer Question
    • What do you love (if any) about UBER? how many cities are we in? When did the company was created?   Answer Question