Uber Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018
2,093 Interview Reviews

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber in October 2017.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter about the job and my background. Recruiter focused on explaining the position and who the people I would be working with were. Recruiter was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions and why I was interested in working there.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber in January 2018.

Interview

Started off with a recruiter reaching out on LinkedIn. Had a pleasant phone screen and quickly got moved to a call with someone on the team. I should have known something was up when I spoke to a junior member of the team. I had another nice call and got moved to the assignment. I read comments warning people about the assignment. I stupidly ignored those warnings and took the time to do it. I submitted my work and they quickly passed on me. Now, normally it's whatever, but I got zero feedback and it was a quick dismissal.

I looked into this with peers and found the same situation. My guess is that the team does this to source ideas and free work from applicants.

I would not recommend working for Uber from a ethics and ideals perspective from their product, hiring practices, or leadership. This company is slimy and exploitative to drivers and applicants.

Social Operations Response Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

3 rounds to the interview. I was initially contacted and interview by a 3rd party company which was a pain. My recruiter didn't reply to emails or give much info. Would greatly recommend Uber to keep recruiting inside.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

behavior interview at the career fair then received a technical interview by a phone call. Tacke home assignment needs to be submitted within one week. Get reject after one week.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Screening call with talent team in San Francisco. Asked me to go over my resume and why I wanted to join Uber. She outlined the structure of the company (and how the role would support it), the makeup of the local marketing team and the next steps in the interview process. It was a very friendly, casual conversation - I felt like I asked more questions about her experience at the company than she did about my experience elsewhere. She was new to supporting the Toronto team so a bit far removed from the specific issues of the location but I appreciated that she admitted she was new and still learning.

She seemed very eager to get an in-person interview set up with the role's Hiring Manager but when I followed up I was told the position was filled with no reasoning as to why I wasn't chosen to proceed. I appreciate screening calls that are conversational in nature but also give you a better sense of the role so you can make an informed decision on whether you want to proceed but I would suggest they manage candidate's expectations better.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Why do you want to join Uber? Tell me about your previous marketing experience.   Answer Question

Electrical Hardware Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I got a mail from Technical recruiter to schedule an interview for 30 minutes. I schedule it and never got the call, I then reschedule it still didn't get the call and then I mailed the recruiter to which he thankfully replied saying that I am still in consideration and told me to pick a time for initial screening position. I did it again and then history repeats itself, I never get a call. It's almost 5 weeks and I still haven't heard from them.
    A request to technical recruiter that if you don't have time to conduct an interview don't waste others time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uber (Seoul (South Korea)) in December 2017.

Interview

submission of resume via online --> video interview --> onsite interview (45min)
    Even though I myself is an ardent user of Uber, I definitely had a disappointing experience with Uber as an employer. I would not recommend this company to my friends, as it was total waste of time and emotion!

Uber Expert Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and got shortlisted for the next step. Took an aptitude test which involved multiple choice questions and some personal answers. Got a phone call for phone interview. The interviewer scheduled the call for 2 pm and later changed to 3 pm. On the day of the interview, she was 10mins late. Asked about my background, passion and why Uber? She also asked if I've visited an Uber facility to experience how they operate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was contacted by a recruiter who setup a first technical interview which included a technical question as well as a personality/teaming question. Within a few hours of being done with the first interview, I was contacted saying they wanted to arrange a second interview. This was conducted about a week later. Then I waited about a week to hear back with the results.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes a list of "ranges" and returns a list of the minimum number of "ranges" by combining overlapping "ranges".   Answer Question
    • Write a function that takes a list of all available cars and returns the 10 nearest cars to a user's location.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uber (Tuscaloosa, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

Simply applied and underwent a background check and vehicle inspection. Everything is handled through app. Bank account entered for direct deposit. Basically you sign up and drive. Just don't be a rapist or murderer, or at least don't have it on your record.