Uber Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Partnership Engagement Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applications (CV/letter), followed by initial telephone interview, followed by face to face interview. They took a while to reply to my initial application, and it took some time to schedule an initial phone interview. The interview process as a whole was much more orientated around new ideas, rather than questions about my CV and experience.

Interview Questions

• What new initiatives would help the company perform better?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview consisted of 4 stages. The first one was the phone screening with HR, then I got 2 case studies to complete which was followed by the presentation to the hiring manage. Next stage was then meeting the head of the department and the last stage was the cultural fit interview with the new teammates that you will be working with.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very tough and lengthy process. That being said, the recruitment team are top-notch, really friendly and help you as much as possible. I went through 4 rounds of interviews - one was a long day meeting 4 or 5 people the others were more formal intimate interviews. The interviews were all senior staff.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

A quick call with recruiter. Not very interested in what i had to say, not sure why he even bothered to call ... the rudest interview ever. i think they are just doing some market research or try to get info , do dont waste your time

Operations and Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

An HR chat, followed by analytical test. The test required the download of an excel file with data for analysis and a few essay questions. Knowledge of Uber metrics goes a long way in the test as time is VERY tight.

Test is followed by a video call and then a face2face interview where the presentation of a case study is expected.

Interview Questions

• How would you sign up 100 new drivers in a day?   1 Answer

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Long and slow - the culture is to interview with the majority of the team. There is a exercise that you have 2 days to work on and then you present it in front of a panel with a Q&A afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company that no one else can?   1 Answer

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for the Operations Coordinator role in London, September 2016.

The first round is an excel test, if you're comfortable with basic formulas and using pivot tables you will be fine.

Second round was a half hour Skype interview with an Operations Manager. This had some uber centred questions, as well as motivation.

The third round was four interviews in a row in the London office. These were all of a similar format to the Skype; why you want to join uber, some uber centred questions related to the role you've applied to etc...

The third round was meant to be the final round, however there wasn't a space in any of the areas where I interviewed so I was invited back to meet the GM of London. This was done by asking for a Skype feedback session with me, and inviting me to the next round rather than a standard email!

Greenlight Expert - Operations & Launch, City Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

In one word: shambles.

My main mistake was assuming the salary was reasonable. Based on other reviews on here (for City Operations Manager) the salary should be in the £50K range, I assumed the entry level salary won't be much different. Also I am *sure* when I found the job posting online, I had filters on to show jobs over £30K. The actual posting did not have the salary information so I accept that it's my fault for assuming. The actual salary is £18k-£20k as I found out during the Skype interview.

Getting to the Skype interview stage was the worst part.

I applied online, received an email on a Friday requesting a Skype interview. It was supposed to take place at 10am on the following Tuesday. I confirmed this is ok and took the Tuesday off work (remember, I thought it was a well-paid job).

I didn't receive a confirmation, nonetheless, on Tuesday I was all set and ready for the interview. 10am came and went, no call or email from the recruitment assistant (RA). At about 11.30am I have received an email explaining that the RA was ill on Monday and was working from home on the Tuesday hence she didn't make it for 10am. Fine, illnesses happen, but (I don't know about other people) when I work from home I have access to my work e-mail and the decency to let someone I have an appointment with know that I won't make it BEFORE the arranged time. We've agreed to pick this up at 8am UK time (she works from Amsterdam) before I had to go to work as I didn't exactly want to take anymore time off for this.

So again, I woke up early, got ready and all set. 8am came and went, at 8.30am I really had to go so again, a total waste of time. Once I got to work (9.30am) I received an email explaining that there are 'torrential rains' in Amsterdam and all the trams are delayed. Again, it happens and I can certainly sympathise but again - it would be the decent thing to do to sent me an email letting me know once she knew she won't make it.

Still believing this is a decent job, I arranged to speak to the RA as soon as I got home from work. So I rushed and run, made it home and hurrah! I got the call at the arranged time.

The interview was a pretty basic chat, standard interview questions, describing your understanding of the role, relevant skills and experience, why Uber etc. She told me she'll send me the excel exercise to do by Friday and the interview would be the following week. Then we got to the salary part and my face just dropped. In addition to the low pay, they don't offer any benefits other than Uber credits - no pension, no health insurance, not even a gym membership. I said I'll have to think about it, and she said she'll send me the excel anyway.

She obviously hasn't and the next day I withdrew my application.

So I am writing this as a cautionary tale - please don't make any assumptions based on the reviews on here, they're simply not true. I knew Uber is notorious for treating the drivers horribly but I didn't think they do that to their actual employees too. Some of the reviews on here rave about how people working at Uber are 'amazing, intelligent and passionate' - maybe this is true - but if any of these people end up reading this, if you're so amazing you can definitely do better!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very brief telephone interview with HR department. Interview was successful, I proceeded to stage two of the interview process, where I was asked to put together a full business case study for a potential campaign. I was given 48 hours to complete the exercise, which included questions ranging from campaign concept creation to project planning, putting together a budget, to complex equations to measure ROI in the short and long-term. The exercise also included questions about customer care, copywriting, social media.

Despite the efforts to put together an 8 page long business case in a weekend, which I had reviewed by many marketing colleagues and was told to be of very good standard, Uber did not get back to me with feedback for over 10 days. After several attempts to get some information about my exercise, I was given a bog-standard email 'due to the large amount of applicants, we regret etc etc-. One word of advice for Uber: if you ask your potential candidates to put together whole marketing campaigns for you as part of what you call 'creative exercise', the least you could do is provide some constructive feedback when asked. It is only fair, and professional.

Interview Questions

• Which promotional value should we use and why?

If we want a return on profit on each rider within 6 months, what is the maximum amount we
      would give on the promo?

How would you think amount increasing conversion?

Define the relevant metrics that we could use to determine the group/cohort of riders we
      should target?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber (London, England (UK)).

Interview

This was the most unprofessional & disjointed interview process I've ever been in! Leaving someone without notification for 5 weeks is not tardy, it's just rude.

Upon applying, I had an initial call with someone from recruiting in London. She wasn't able to confirm what the salary band would be or exactly what the role would entail. After reading Glassdoor reviews, I was half expecting to have to do some homework before my next round of interviews. I was right. I had the initial call on a Wednesday & was asked to prepare some work, which was to be submitted before my next round of phone interviews. I was told that my interviews would be next week - they were in a hurry to hire - so that gave me a coupe of days to prepare.

The email came through & I was shocked at the level of detail Uber were asking for. Not only did I have to come up with a 30,60,90 day plan, I had to re imagine the entire sales & marketing strategy & describe how I would plan the entire process. It sounded like the genuinely had no idea of what they were going to do, like they were asking for help!
    Giving examples of success plans I'd previously put together etc. In all, this was appox 10 pages of work. I hadn't even met the Sales manager yet to understand the role fully!

Not to be put off, I completed this work in 48 hours & submitted. Then I heard nothing. For 5 weeks.
    5 WEEKS !! Eventually, I had an email to say I could have a skype interview with a bunch of people in San Fran. Each of the 3 people I spoke with just read boring questions, from a piece of paper, most of them the same, "can you give me an example of the time..." Questions. No one was interested in what I thought of the role, what I was really like & no one could give me an exact idea of what this new role would look like.

By the time my umpteenth interview came around (this time in London), I had been at many other interviews with other tech companies who were more than happy to outline their;
    Company vision
    Strategy
    Market plan
    My role
    Hiring date
    Package.

None of this Uber could provide.

In the end, I had a generic email from Uber to say I hadn't been chosen. Which is just as well as I had already taken another role elsewhere. I would not recommend this place. Being a "cool" name isn't good enough if you're a serious Sales exec with a mature technology history behind you.