Uber Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uber Operations Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY).

Interview

1:1 interviews with members of the existing team. Interviews were pretty behavioral and asked a lot of situational questions, what would you do if X happened, etc. Also a bunch of questions on previous work experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews in addition to online tests. The first two interviewers were very thorough and went through my cv item by item. The third one was what I suspect a pressure interview by a local manager. He kept on asking me if I've made anything 10 times better. I told couple success stories with measurable improvement. But nothing was quite exactly 10 times. It turned into a really unpleasant experience when he quoted from some cliche success book that "nothing less than 10 times is worth doing". I guess I could lie on the spot about some of my results but I didn't want the job that much to lie on the interview. Nor am I interested in working with a team leader like this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Overall the process was very fragmented. I originally applied for a position and never heard back, then popped up in an HR search and got a call about a different role. They had no feedback about the previous ding and didn't bother to check for me.

I went through 2-3 phone screens with HR, one with the hiring manager, and another in person with the hiring manager. I'm told final candidates meet with the CEO. There was a LOT of homework and I got the distinct feeling I was laying out frameworks for someone else to execute before I was dinged similar to some complaints with Air BnB. They asked behavioral questions but also questions like "design this program or manual" and kept your outline and notes -it seemed like that was the project they were working on that week and were just looking for ideas.

The hiring manager had 1 direct report at the time, but they seem to value skills like experience with one particular CRM software suite over managerial experience which still makes me scratch my head. For non engineering roles, they dont look for any skill sets that you couldn't learn in an easy weekend (like SQL, salesforce or similar).

You have to keep on them or they'll forget about you, and I got the sense they didn't care much about the candidates. Product of their own success I guess but I was turned off by the whole attitude and would've thought long and hard about accepting had I been offered a position.

Everyone takes a fairly simple quant test that mostly revolves around pivot tables and possibly a lookup or two. Expect lots of busy work homework so schedule interviews out in the future if you currently have a demanding job. Overall easy questions but very time consuming and a bit disorganized.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took nearly a month. First you filled in all the informations and they will send you an Uber analytical test invitation. Once you completed it and passed, they will tell you to move to the next step within a week, which was a creative test and they will ask you to come up with an one time marketing event that can draw more signups as well as making a list of marketing campaigns to achieve the same objective. If you passed, you will be invited to participate in a group interview, where 4 people will be in the same group and we are required to discuss two questions. 20 minutes discussion time for a question. After you finished the discussion, you are required to pick one question that you have discussed and give out a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Group interview question 1: How do you attract more signups during Christmas   Answer Question
    • Group interview question 2: Attract more signups by providing marketing campaigns with unlimited budget/limited budget.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uber (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

The first round was a group discussion. There were about 10 ppl. Finally 2 were selected. Later 2 hr rounds were conducted. Puzzles were asked in first hr round and second was a normal hr round.

Interview Questions

• Any suggestions to improve Uber.
      Difference between ola and Uber.
      Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Uber (Mumbai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

It consisted of 1 telephonic interview which was like an HR interview. And 2 face to face interviews. The 1:1 interviews tested my skills and consisted of guesstimate qs, behavioral qs, situational qs. Basic knowledge about Uber is tested.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber in September 2016.

Interview

It was a series of four face-to-face interviews with different managers from the Operations team. Introductions were exchanged four times but each interviewer had their own set of questions. The questions are aimed to illustrate your thinking styles and work ethics. They also ask you for your own ideas that can help solve or improve business problems.

Interview Questions

• What's your next best idea so that we don't have to worry about driver supply for, say, 3 months?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

I've been in the startup ecosystem for quite some time. And just for the product Uber is I planned on applying. Unfortunately, unlike their app their HR is one of most inefficient HR I've ever encountered. (Mind You I've changed quite a few jobs).
    I was asked to give a test in 4 days and I diligently did it and after almost 10 days I get a call that I will be having my next round of interviews and that next round happened only after 1.5 months that to after multiple follow ups with HR ,Similarly the next few rounds.
    Either the interviewer turns up late by an hour or the HR never follows up .Altogether a worst experience .
    I hope the concerned person reads and rectifies their process. Even if I had got the best of hike I would think twice before joining a company that works like this.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep your driver on board   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was provided a link to the first round of interviews after I submitted my online application. The first round consisted of 5 video submissions with 5 different prompts. Every candidate is given 5 days to one week to upload 5 minute videos to each of the 5 prompts, then the candidate is invited to the final round of interviews based on the videos he/she sends in. The final round interviews happen in the Uber office in Manila, but because I was studying abroad, I was invited to a Skype interview instead.

Interview Questions

• What kind of Uber project would you launch if you were to intern with us?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

first was the 2 hr analytical test, with many questions requiring in-depth excel skills such as pivot tables. Other questions were more theoretical, asking about uber daily operation situations.Next was a skype interview with the HR, followed by another skype interview with the operations manager.

Interview Questions

• Why Uber? Describe your entrepreneur experience. How would you gather 50 people to join as a uber driver partner?   Answer Question