Uber Regional Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uber Regional Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Uber

3.4

Regional Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Applied online to the position, heard back from a recruiter then was given an analytical test with an hour and a half time limit then had an interview with a hiring manager, was asked a case question and absolutely nothing about myself. Final round was to prepare a presentation. They send you a prompt with two different business problems and you have to put together a powerpoint and present it. Final round interview consists of a panel presentation and a behavioral interview where they ask you weird questions that are a complete waste of time. I honestly wouldn't bother with the position considering they make you go through so much for such a low paying job.

Interview Questions

• If you had access to all our data what would you do and why?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time where you worked on a cross functional project   1 Answer
  • Tell me something I don't know   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted after 1 week through email to pick a time via calendly for phone interview. The HR rep called exact time I set. We spoke for about 25 minutes. Questions were as usual tell about yourself, why Uber, etc. I was told I will be contacted through email for decision in about 48 hours. About 24 hours later I got the generic "tough decision but no thank you" email.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I initially was referred to a city level position but interviewed for a central HQ position instead for Uber Eats. The interview was very similar to the other operations manager interviews that have been described. However, Uber's recruiting policy have changed a bit to be more candidate friendly. For example, they are moving away from asking candidates their current salary.

Round 1:
    Interview with the Recruiter. Typical phone screen. If you have the experience they are looking for, you should easily pass this round. I would suggest knowing your resume inside and out and why Uber.

Round 2:
    Famous Excel test. I would focus more on the numerical answers than the open ended question. Be sure to read the questions carefully to ensure you are proceeding with the right solution. To brush up, I would recommend going over how to manipulate pivot tables and functions such as ifcount()

Round 3:
    There will be some variance here depending on the hiring manager. I've heard some managers focus more on Uber's metrics and others more on behavior questions to gauge fit. Mine was mostly behavior i.e. "Tell me about a time when you..." Either way its good to know both as its good preparation for the final round.

Round 4
    If you pass the last round they will send you some type of assignment based on the team that you will be joining. It took me about a week to complete. If you are coming from a consulting background this assignment shouldn't be too hard. My assignment was how would you centralize a business process.

Round 5
    This step is either a video conference or an in-person interview. They flew me to SF for the in-person interview. My interview had 3 rounds. The first was a 30 min behavior interview. I would suggest reviewing culture values and scenarios where you went above and beyond. Second, was a one hour presentation/Q&A based on your presentation. Be prepared to back up your assumptions and the metrics you decided to measure against. Lastly, I had a 30 min interview with someone on the team on my level. This interview was basically about the business and how I would improve different metrics.

A couple days later I got the offer. I negotiated a slightly higher pay by converting some of the equity they gave me. In all, I suggest you try to understand the Uber's business model and metrics. If you put in the work and have the right experience you should do well in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given a project to complete with very limited resources. How did you overcome this challenge?   Answer Question
    • You notice that their was a significant drop in ride requests for a week? What could be the cause of this and how would you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very long process. Initial screening by HR, followed by interview with someone from your LOB. After passing an excel/analysis test, you were scheduled to present a deck to 5 team members, followed by another interview with team lead. People were nice and job seemed very interesting.

Interview Questions

• Which aspects would you consider when determining how much to charge for a ride?   Answer Question

Regional Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was approached by an Uber recruiter. At first, the application process was going really well. The interviews were scheduled one after another. There was an analytical test followed by a couple of conversations. So far so good. Then I was contacted by a person from a different department who wanted to discuss with me possibilities about opening within his team. I was pleased to learn that he found my profile intriguing, but stated that my interest is with the role I was initially contacted for. What followed was an inability on his side to inform me what does his intervention mean with regards to my ongoing application and what the further processes will be, he told me that the recruiter will have all those answers for me. This was the last time I have heard from Uber. Given that they contacted me and I invested time and effort to attend the numerous interviews and do the tests and assessments at least a courtesy call or some feedback would have been nice. The lack of any communication after an interruption on their side of a process that they initiated left me with a very negative impression of what was a overall nice experience.

Interview Questions

• How should you respond to the city officials claiming that Uber disadvantages
      older drivers unfamiliar with technology?   Answer Question

Regional Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber in February 2019.

Interview

The hiring process began with an HR screening call, pretty standard and under 15 minutes.

After that, you are sent an Analytics test, which you have a 2 hour time limit on. A little tricky, but with the right preparation you should be able to pass. You should touch up on your Uber terminology as there are some short answer questions as well. Worth looking at some online resources to prepare.

Following that, I had a video interview with the hiring manager. I've heard varying feedback on this step for people depending on who the hiring manager is, but this was a positive experience where the hiring manager was conversational. Be able to answer all of the basic questions around why Uber, why you're leaving your other role, etc.

Following this, I was given a take-home case study, where I needed to prepare a pitch deck to then present to a panel for the final interview. This is a very time-consuming task if you want to do it well, so I recommend starting as soon as you get it.

Within the 5 day timeline, I submitted my deck that I was set to present to the panel for the final interview.

While coordinating times for the final interview, I was notified that they proceeded with another candidate. I found this to be very unprofessional, as I was not given the chance to present the case study I had worked on for five days.

If you are including a case study portion that is time intensive into the interview process, at the very least let the candidates present the deck.

The experience has definitely smudged my view of the organization, as it displayed how they don't value applicants and their time.

Regional Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in August 2018.

Interview

RH Phone Interview
    2 hour online exam to see your analytical/oral skills
    1-2 interviews with the team that you're applying
    Case for finding a solution an creating a presentation
    Present your case solution to a Panel interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you have worked on. How did you lead the project, what was the outcome and how do you track if the project was successful?   Answer Question