Uber Senior Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uber Senior Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Uber

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uber (Washington, DC) in January 2019.

Interview

First I had a phone screen with an HR lead. Once I passed the initial screen, I was given a 2-hour analytics test (usually I take these tests relatively quickly, but this took me the full 2 hours). The analytics test shows 1) if you can do basic excel functions/pivot tables and 2) if you can understand what metrics are important to review in certain situations. After I passed the analytics test, I had a call with the head of the team I was interviewing for (behavioral interview, although I have heard others get basic case questions at this stage). Once I passed that round, I came in for a final round interview that consisted of 3 parts: 1) behavioral/job fit interview with 2 people on the team, 2) behavioral interview with the woman who would be my boss and 3) case presentation to 3 people (including team lead) on a data set/challenge problem I had received a week before.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a remote team? (a lot of people on this team happened to be spread across the country)   Answer Question
  • How do you use data to make business decisions?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you worked with a challenging stakeholder?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Treat candidates like people!

I applied for a position within the XChange Leasing division. I was eventually contacted by a recruiter and spent valuable time engaging with them through that of a phone screen and a phone interview with the hiring manager. Shortly after the phone interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter who conducted the phone screen emailed me. The recruiter indicated to me that they decided to put the position on hold. This however did not occur and the position stayed open and was eventually filled.
    While rejection is never desired, if not selected at least just saying so and maybe even providing constructive feedback would have been most appropriate at this stage. While the recruiter left it open to connect regarding other positions, when I almost immediately replied to her with an interest in a different requisition, no responses were ever received.

Please train your team to get back to people. Say yes. Say no. But don’t lie about the position and then after that ghost the candidate. Ghosting is an ugly practice in the dating world, and an even uglier practice in the business world. So please, grow up and treat your candidates with respect.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions around prior experience and work environment.   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2019.

Interview

I had my first round of discussion with the HR however, they seems to have been doing it for the sake of it only. The HR was hardly listening and I received a rejection email soon after. I have a stellar profile and am confident enough of not getting rejected by an HR. This was an absurd experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions including tell me about yourself, Why Uber eats, Why this profile , Why you?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in March 2019.

Interview

the process was really fast once I got an employee referral, in several times (10 aprox) I went trough the uber career site without an answer. After an employee referral everything went fast.
    1. i got a 30mn interview with the HR team, everything went well and i got a gmat and excel test after this.
    2. The online test was around 30-35 questions and not that hard if you know how to use excel and have math skills.
    3. An interview with an associate after i passed the exam
    4. An onsite interview were i had to do a business case and present it to the one person that was going to be my boss. 2 more interviews in the same day after the business case presentation.
    5. 2 days after the onsite interview i got an offer.

The process took like 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• How would a make a driver more happy without money being a primarily condition   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uber (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

HR interviewer called more than 30 minutes late. The interview felt one sided and the interviewer just asked some generic questions and even a repeated one from the online assessment. The interviewer seemed to be distracted and not engaged in the discussion.

Interview Questions

• If Uber were to expand into a new city, what factors would you consider?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Uber (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in August 2018.

Interview

I was firstly contact by an HR, then I did an analitycs test, was qute difficult , I recommend to prepare before doing it, then I had another interview with a manager and when I passed it with the GM, the final round was a pannel with a lot of question about the business

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Lisbon (Portugal)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very structured process, starting by a phone screening, then the well-known analytical test, finally a 4 hour interview with 4 interviewers. Overall good process, although the feedback was poor and only when thoroughly asked. I ended up feeling they didn't put much effort on it.

Interview Questions

• Imagine a town where traffic is chaotic, what is the fastest way to deliver food?   1 Answer