Ubisoft Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 1, 2017

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later. The whole process was explained as having 5 or 7 steps incl. 2-3 skill tests. Everything was very slow and chaotic, with long breaks in between; meetings were last minute rescheduled or nobody showed up and then they were rescheduled. After 2-3 months into the process and getting to know the responsible team better, I discontinued the process. It's rather unlikely that somebody stays long enough on the market to go through this whole process, especially when nobody cares to speed it up. Furthermore, the department manager clearly lacked the necessary social skills and emotional intelligence to really consider going forward.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very focused on specific skills, while there was no real interest in the person.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I wouldn't even call this an interview as it felt more like a "forced" 5 minute chat with someone who clearly thought they had better things to do than talk to you. It felt very unprofessional.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Standard process, HR screen interview followed by technical evaluation (not specifically in one area, it is a all aspects evaluation from database to UI)and onsite interview with the team, which lasted for about 1 hour.

Project Management Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process for the Ubisoft PM graduate program includes two phone screens, an in-person meeting at your closest "home" studio location, a presentation of a business case, and then an in-person assessment at their Paris HQ. I made it to the second phone screening.

The first phone call was with the recruiter in charge of hiring for the program. The second phone call was with a recruiter from the Toronto location. Both interviews were similar in that they were very structured and formal (i.e., interviewer asks a question, I answer, interviewer moves onto the next question), however I found that situational/behavioural questions were rarely asked.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a fake job posting which is still getting posted. I built a fully matched CV with this job description. and I sent my CV. Nobody answered. A few days later, I started adding a ton of Ubisoft Montreal office employees and one of the kindly forwarded my CV to HR. and Yes I happily got an assignment to solve in one week. I solved in the best way and I put it in my GitHub account, and then I send the link to the HR. No answer. Pure Silence until yesterday, that I sent an email that I have offer from YP I got a response back that
    Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
    Unfortunately, we will not be moving forward with your candidacy as we have recently filled the position.
    Best of luck at Yellow Pages.

I don mind if I get rejected but thanks God, GitHub has a graphs traffic which shows no one, NO ONE opened the link of my answer in the past two months. It was a fake job posting.

Interview Questions

• Please write a Secret Santa app for us using MEAN stack.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a great interview at Ubisoft, the problems were challenging and interesting, I didn't get the job, but I had a good time there. If you like games and kije to be challenged, then this is definitly a company to consider

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that checks if an NPC is hit by an explosion.   Answer Question

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

HR wrote back to me on LinkedIn(after I sent my CV) and asked to call me for some basic questions,then said she would keep me updated on the next steps.
    Wrote back 1 week later for interview at Ubisoft.
    Went there,did the interview(really nice interview,good questions,no cheap shot)and got a call back 1 week after for an offer.

User Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

First, a phone conversation with the recruiter where I introduced myself and background, and we talked about the position and the city and the company. After that were a series of skype interviews with people on the user research team, and take-home questionnaires that asked a variety of questions related to user research.

Interview Questions

• One question had me think about a game that I played recently and describe what I liked and didn't like about it and why. Another question asked me about how I would design a study to answer a number of questions that the designers have for a hypothetical game.   Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

I met with an HR person and the content specialist at the company. They were polite and on time. The interview lasted an hour. The Content specialist began by talking about what they were working on. He then asked me to talk about what courses I took at the University and about challenges I faced in my previous experiences. He asked me to comment about the system they had in place and what I would do to improve it. Then the HR person began asking questions about how my friends would describe me.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face in your previous work experiences?
      What solutions do you have for our systems.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took a while from online application to Interview ar their office in montreal saint laurent. It took the hr weeks before answering replying to email regarding the status of the interview

Interview Questions

• How to manage two task with same deadline but you cant finish both of them by the end of the day   Answer Question