Ubisoft Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Ubisoft Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a great interview at Ubisoft, the problems were challenging and interesting, I didn't get the job, but I had a good time there. If you like games and kije to be challenged, then this is definitly a company to consider

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that checks if an NPC is hit by an explosion.   Answer Question

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

HR wrote back to me on LinkedIn(after I sent my CV) and asked to call me for some basic questions,then said she would keep me updated on the next steps.
    Wrote back 1 week later for interview at Ubisoft.
    Went there,did the interview(really nice interview,good questions,no cheap shot)and got a call back 1 week after for an offer.

User Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

First, a phone conversation with the recruiter where I introduced myself and background, and we talked about the position and the city and the company. After that were a series of skype interviews with people on the user research team, and take-home questionnaires that asked a variety of questions related to user research.

Interview Questions

• One question had me think about a game that I played recently and describe what I liked and didn't like about it and why. Another question asked me about how I would design a study to answer a number of questions that the designers have for a hypothetical game.   Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

I met with an HR person and the content specialist at the company. They were polite and on time. The interview lasted an hour. The Content specialist began by talking about what they were working on. He then asked me to talk about what courses I took at the University and about challenges I faced in my previous experiences. He asked me to comment about the system they had in place and what I would do to improve it. Then the HR person began asking questions about how my friends would describe me.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face in your previous work experiences?
      What solutions do you have for our systems.
      Answer Question

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process went really well. The management team in place is respectful and qualifed. There was no tricky questions and the whole interview process just gave me more reasons to want the job.

User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Both interviews were over Skype. The first one is with HR and second is with a tech guy. The experience was pleasant, no hard questions. I found the the tech guy had a complete different perspective and understanding of user testing from what i envisioned, so the communication did not go well. I also did not anticipate the questions that I encounter as I do not have that kind of an direct experience. I think there's certainly element of luck involved in terms of whether the person interviewing you had a good rapport with you and had a similar mindset.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to test for the game interface for a first person shooter?   Answer Question

Generalist Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for a generalist programmer position, I got a call with a recruiter who then sent me a Node.js test (really specific questions). Really weird. Then I had a group call with 4 people, with varied technical questions. No code. Then they made me an offer, with a short reflection delay (5 days). I finally nicely told them I would not accept the offer at that salary, and would also need few more days to think about other aspects if my salary requirements were met. I have been told in a very cold way, that the offer was final and was not meant to be a comparison for other offers. I genuinely would have considered that offer if they made an effort on the salary, I don't understand this reaction. Very rude and clumsy.

3D Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

At that time, I had just got out of school and this was my first interview ever for an animator position. I had the recruiter and 3 other people in front of me. I was asked common questions, but also some others that were somewhat difficult, as if they thought that I worked for years in the industry. I didn't feel This whole interview made me very uncomfortable, even though I felt confident at first and was prepared.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer gameplay or cutscene animation? What are you best at?   Answer Question
    • Which character archetype did you find the most interesting in your favorite animated feature?   Answer Question

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

A screening with the recruiter took place first. He explained the role and gave a lot of information about the studio. This was followed by a call with art leads who asked a series of questions and allowed me to ask some questions that I had. It lasted about one hour and was pretty laid-back. The interviewers were friendly and easy to have a conversation with.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Ubisoft?   1 Answer

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Email initially, followed up with a series of Skype interviews with various team members. The process was fairly standard but it was nice that they included several members of the art team instead of it being limited to HR. Follow up were quick and they were fairly open about expectations from the start.

Interview Questions

• How I went about my design process and how that would relate and operate with their art pipeline.   Answer Question