Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East China, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (East China, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I was applying for a job in China, and was contacted by phone within a week, the questions they asked were terrible and irrelevant, I think they hired their HR from whatever garbage school, so I just bailed.

Interview Questions

• Make an example where you showed your team player spirit.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen/short interview with one of the directors of the company and then they asked me to come in for a series of 1:1 interviews with different people from the company (4 people total). I had a great time interviewing with them and afterwards they mentioned they would get back to me within a week but I never heard back from them! I even emailed them asking for a follow-up about the decision two weeks after I interviewed and they still never responded. If you thought I was qualified for the position and asked me to come interview, the least you could do was follow up!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

What is your experience with gaming? Are you a gamer or not a gamer?

Explain one of your favorite projects you've worked on in the past year and describe your creative process.   1 Answer

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you will get a email to set up an interview with recriuter. If everything went well, you will have a chance to Interview with lead designer. If passed, then you will get a design test and be brought to an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• What can you bring onto the table for this position?
      On the flip side, what do you think you are lack of for this position?
      What do you enjoy the most in game design?
      On the flip side, what do you enjoy the least or need experience in game design?   Answer Question

Senior Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2015.

Interview

Human resources called me up the day after I applied to ask me questions. After asking me a couple questions, she asked me if I had any questions for her. After I asked her questions, she thought of another question to ask me. She was very polite and graceful in dealing with me, especially because I was not expecting a phone call that soon after applying.

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

I received a phone interview for the Game Designer position that was available. The interview in general was very easy and laid back. The questions were basic and standard, from asking what projects I have worked on, to what my interests would be in the project and what skills can I bring onto the team.

Interview Questions

• None honestly, they were all straight forward, and all expected questions for a design interview.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on Ubisoft website. First had a phone interview with university relations manager. Three weeks later went into office for in person interview. Was interviewed by the entire public relations team in five groups of two for half an hour each so I was there for two and a half hours. All pretty much asked the same questions. Got back to me two weeks later.

Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft in April 2014.

Interview

HR was friendly and professional
    The requirements sounded like a perfect match for my skillset, so I applied. They answered, but sent an art-test. Unfortunanenly, it required a skillset which was clearly not listed in the requirements. Thus, it was a bit difficult.

Anyways, not complaining. probably just a small communication issue - can happen with thousands of applicants and openings.

Interview Questions

• art test deviated strongly from the requirements of the job title.   Answer Question

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

phone with HR and HM, then onsite

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were about 3 to 4 rounds of interviews meeting with several people above and at the same level to your applied position.

Initially you communicate with a recruiter through email to coordinate a telephone interview. The phone interview starts with an extensive overview on how Ubisoft is structured then proceeds to your typical Q&A. Please make note the overview is a long-winded speech.

If invited back you meet with HR and everyone else . It's mostly conversational mixed with Q&A as opposed to situational or behavorial. The people seemed nice, easy to speak with, and has worked there for a very long time. Average 5+ years.

The crowd isn't diverse at all and it's a tight knitted group. You guys can do the math on this as some might approve but others might not.

It'll be interesting to see the stats on diversity: gender, ethnicity, openly LGBT, and also income disparity at this company. From my memory, there was only one person of color in the office.

PR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was initially impressed with how quickly I was contacted after applying. I applied online and received an email from a recruiter less than two weeks later, scheduling a phone interview on the next business day. The interview was a pretty standard first round interview - Why are you interested in this company and this position, tell me about your experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I was told there were four other candidates being interviewed, and that I would know if I moved forward by the end of the week. I did (what I perceived to be) very well and was confident that I would advance. I followed up with the recruiter four times over the next three weeks, hearing little other than that the decision was still with the hiring manager. After three weeks, I followed up again and was told there were other candidates with interests that better matched the position. After keeping me on the hook that long, I would have appreciated some more specific feedback.