Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Community Manager EMEA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

I first applied online after a few weeks I heard back from them and was asked to have a phone interview with them. Had that about a week later, a day later I was asked to come to an in person interview at their office. Then after a week they sent me an email it was a no, there was another better suited candidate.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received an email around three months later that they wanted to set up a phone interview. This was on a Friday morning. The interaction was fast and an interview was scheduled for the following Monday afternoon. I received another email about fifteen minutes before the scheduled interview time telling me that another member of the hiring team had put out an offer to someone else without consulting the rest of the team and it was accepted over the weekend, so my interview was cancelled. Incredibly unprofessional.

UI Designer Interview

Interview

applied via their job portal posting; never got back to me till i reached through their recruiter online a few weeks after. was then sent an applicant satisfaction survey a month after.....

Programmer Interview

Interview

After applying, I have been invited to the screening interview. Everyone was nice, it was a typical screening interview about my background, the project and my career goals. Afterwards, I have been given a technical test. The test was appropriate for the applied position.

The HR has been very nice and have been replying immediately. The process took several weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a great interview at Ubisoft, the problems were challenging and interesting, I didn't get the job, but I had a good time there. If you like games and kije to be challenged, then this is definitly a company to consider

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that checks if an NPC is hit by an explosion.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a coding test, taking 1 hour in total. The seniors were friendly to talk with. But I did not do well in the test but they still provided me some suggestions to improve myself on that

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a fake job posting which is still getting posted. I built a fully matched CV with this job description. and I sent my CV. Nobody answered. A few days later, I started adding a ton of Ubisoft Montreal office employees and one of the kindly forwarded my CV to HR. and Yes I happily got an assignment to solve in one week. I solved in the best way and I put it in my GitHub account, and then I send the link to the HR. No answer. Pure Silence until yesterday, that I sent an email that I have offer from YP I got a response back that
    Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
    Unfortunately, we will not be moving forward with your candidacy as we have recently filled the position.
    Best of luck at Yellow Pages.

I don mind if I get rejected but thanks God, GitHub has a graphs traffic which shows no one, NO ONE opened the link of my answer in the past two months. It was a fake job posting.

Interview Questions

• Please write a Secret Santa app for us using MEAN stack.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2011.

Interview

Although the actual interview went very well, I did have an extremely negative experience with their HR recruitment consultants.

Their HR recruitment consultant had actually called me personally explaining they wanted to bring me in again for a new role that had opened up (I'd interviewed for a similar position 6 months prior - and interestingly had exactly the same experience with another consultant). Being quite excited to break into the industry (being new to the industry is the reason I was reject before BTW) I took up her offer thinking things would be more transparent this time because A) It was a different consultant, B) they called me. I was wrong.

After my final interview, waited three weeks with no response from HR consultant. My follow up emails were ignored and I was treated very rudely during the only follow up call where I managed to connect with the recruitment consultant.

All in all, probably the least professional company I have ever dealt with in my 6 years of working in IT. They have lost me both as a potential future candidate and a customer.

Advice to management;

Overhaul your HR recruitment group before considering hires in other areas. Your consultants are rude and lack a basic code of ethics. HR are the face of your company when bringing in new talent and you run the risk of seriously diminishing the fantastic brand you have spent the last 25 years building. Candidates dedicate a lot of time and effort preparing for interviews and 9/10 times probably have to take time off work just to attend. A simple one line email notification upon rejection is more than enough, but seems to be too much for your recruitment consultants. It's perhaps excusable (or at least understandable) for management with actual day jobs to ignore or forget about a candidate, but absolutely inexcusable for your HR recruitment consultants whose sole responsibility it is to source and manage potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• We do most of our planning in Excel, how would you improve this process?   1 Answer

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

I received a phone interview for the Game Designer position that was available. The interview in general was very easy and laid back. The questions were basic and standard, from asking what projects I have worked on, to what my interests would be in the project and what skills can I bring onto the team.

Interview Questions

• None honestly, they were all straight forward, and all expected questions for a design interview.   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2015.

Interview

I contacted on LinkedIn the manager of Ubisoft Osaka after he announced the studio was looking for Game Designers. After sending him my resume on his request, I got a Skype interview the same week with a Game Designer, a Programmer and a Producer. We spoke, in English and Japanese, about my past experiences and aspirations.

One week later, I got a second interview, with the manager himself. The interview went smoothly, and we talked about the studio and its projects. However, I was not offered a position at this time because of my lack of ability in Japanese (JLPT 3 minimum), without excluding any future opportunity if I improve this weakness.