Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First round is game testing round in which you have to play a game for 1 hr and you have to find bugs in it and make a report of it.It is elimination round.
    then 2nd round is technical interview which is a tough one. Interview goes on for 40 mins . They ask information about games you played and world gaming events, global gaming companies, bugs in games you shared with them.
    third round is HR round which is very easy one, nothing new in it. just regular questions about yourself.

Trainee Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

Interview

The interview was in four different levels. I had applied online through company's website.
    1st level - Essay writing on your favorite game.
    2nd level- Play a game and find out bugs.
    3rd level- Technical interview.
    4th level- HR round.

Interview Questions

• It was all about the games I had played and everything I have mentioned in the resume. They also try to find out how updated knowledge you have about the gaming industry and the hardware support for the industry.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

très cool ils sont super sympa tout c'est bien passé. presentation des comptétences, bien savoir ce vendre car la concurrence est rude et beaucoup de demande dans ce secteur. Je recommande de bien se préparer car il ya plusieurs étapes pour l'embauche on peut se louper à la 2eme fois

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East China, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (East China, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I was applying for a job in China, and was contacted by phone within a week, the questions they asked were terrible and irrelevant, I think they hired their HR from whatever garbage school, so I just bailed.

Interview Questions

• Make an example where you showed your team player spirit.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took a while from online application to Interview ar their office in montreal saint laurent. It took the hr weeks before answering replying to email regarding the status of the interview

Interview Questions

• How to manage two task with same deadline but you cant finish both of them by the end of the day   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a fake job posting which is still getting posted. I built a fully matched CV with this job description. and I sent my CV. Nobody answered. A few days later, I started adding a ton of Ubisoft Montreal office employees and one of the kindly forwarded my CV to HR. and Yes I happily got an assignment to solve in one week. I solved in the best way and I put it in my GitHub account, and then I send the link to the HR. No answer. Pure Silence until yesterday, that I sent an email that I have offer from YP I got a response back that
    Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
    Unfortunately, we will not be moving forward with your candidacy as we have recently filled the position.
    Best of luck at Yellow Pages.

I don mind if I get rejected but thanks God, GitHub has a graphs traffic which shows no one, NO ONE opened the link of my answer in the past two months. It was a fake job posting.

Interview Questions

• Please write a Secret Santa app for us using MEAN stack.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a coding test, taking 1 hour in total. The seniors were friendly to talk with. But I did not do well in the test but they still provided me some suggestions to improve myself on that

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 5 months.
    They contacted me for the first time in one month since I've send my resume.
    Then they schedule a phone interview with HR, after that they send me a technical 90m test. It was a very time tight test.
    After that I have two more phone interviews with leads from the studio.

All this time everything went really well but unfortunatly they rejected me by phone after all those months and effort saying that I wasnt Sr enought. I feel really disappointed and frustrated about the whole process.

I would highly recommend to shorten the timeframe for the process in order to keep expectation low and to give more feedback during the interviews in order to have a more realistic view of the outcome and avoid waisting all this time.

Its important to say that I applied from another country from where this studio was located (Canada) and that I had an employee referal.

Interview Questions

• there where so many that I cant recall at this time. But there were difficult techical interviews.   Answer Question

Development Tester (QA/QC)/Game Teser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Belgrade (Serbia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Every part of the process is eliminatory, meaning you fail one and that's it for you.

First you go through a phone screening, your English is tested and you are asked for your salary expectation(as I am in Serbia I stated between 400-500 euros,the answer was "I think that is within our range but will have to check,many people were asking for like 1000-3000 euros which is unrealistic").

Then I went to the skill test,it consisted of 3 assignment s and then an English test.
    First task was to find as many bugs in an old Ubisoft game (Raven Shield) in 1 hour.
    Second task was to prioritize problems from 1-10 and third was to write several test cases according to the assignment, you had 40 min for both.

English test lasted 15 minutes, some translation and circle the correct answer type of questions.

After that I had a technical interview via skype with two Ukrainian Ubisoft QA team leads/Managers, really pleasant interview, we went through my CV,what I did on the test and talked about games I played.

For forth circle I was informed I would be talking with HR that should explain me how the company works,expalin their procedures but instead of that I had an interview with 2 producers, one from Ukraine and one from Serbia.

The Ukrainian producer was so rude and unpleasant that it was unbelievable, he interrupted all the time,was not interested in answers I gave to his questions, wanted me to talk fairytales about how I changed god know what in my current company.
    Serbian Producer asked a few generic questions and that was it.

This forth stage really ruined the whole experience for me,for some employ to be so rude and full of himself to a candidate is unbelievable.

When I asked the person in charged for setting up interviews and giving us info,why did I talk to producers instead of HR,she was like if you talked with him and him then its ok.......news flash,no its not,it maybe ok for you but no for me.

After a few days I got a generic email saying they will continue with other candidates and that any replay to the email wont go through to them....really nice.

So much unprofessionalism from a company like Ubisoft is simply amazing, really a bad experience.

Concept Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Contact par mail, j'envoie mon book, réponse par mail le lendemain pour définir d'un entretien téléphonique
    Entretien téléphonique porté sur la motivation
    Art test donné une semaine après
    Art test réussi
    Appel téléphonique me disant qu'ils préféraient quelqu'un de plus expérimenté pour ne pas prendre de risque

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi Ubisoft?
      Pourquoi Concept Artist?
      Quelles sont vos anciennes expériences?
      Votre éducation en digital painting?
      Maitrisez-vous la 3D?