Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.9

111 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Development Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Simple to agree to and was informed of everything I needed to know prior to the interview
    Involved a standard range of questions regarding career history, skills, as well as strengths and weaknesses. A good description of the requirements for the role were run through.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the future of Testing will look like?   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Milan (Italy)) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called almost one week after I sent my Cv.

HR invited me to take part to a game design selection test followed by an interview the following week.

The selection test was held in the studios and lasted three hours. The candidates had to create a concept, five mechanics and three levels. The test had to be written in english.

After lunch I was interviewed by the lead designer.
    I was asked about what I had done in the selection test, the last games I had played, my previous working experiences, my favourite game, what I would have expected to do during my standard working day, why I had chosen Ubisoft. The interview lasted almost half of an hour and started in english (and then went on in italian).

After the interview they told me I will have been contacted in two weeks regardless of the result. Actually they sent me an e-mail with a negative response after five weeks.
    If I passed the selection I would have been invited for a second interview with the creative director (or the producer or the studio manager).

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Spent personal time completing a test analysis that they had asked me to prepare in advance for the interview, was told the position was immediate, was interviewed by 3 managers and HR, all extremely interested in me. It all went super well, but in the end, it took them 3 weeks to get back to me (after promising a reply within a few days), and declined my application with no explanation, via email. Pretty disappointed by that disrespectful process.

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

First, you take a written test which last an hour on various topics such as logic, algorithms, data structures, AI, graphics and security.

Once you passed, they will call you up for an interview with the lead programmers which might last around 1-2 hours. Here, they will ask technical questions such as collision detection.

Finally, you will be interviewed by the producers, which might last around an hour as well.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of unsorted even and odd integers, sort them into 2 arrays of even and odd integers respectively.   Answer Question

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malmö, Skåne (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Malmö, Skåne (Sweden)) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with 13 people. Interview one on one (actually with two project managers). Standard interview. Asked about your gaming experience. Got an answer (e-mail) on whether I got through to the next step or not. Next step: Play a computer game (with console controller) for 90 minutes searching for bugs and glitches.
    I think at least four people got the position. Every participant in the second step were all very competent and friendly. The interview process was very down to earth and chill. I know why I didn't get an offer. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you found a bug/glitch, you send that to a programmer, but nothing happens for weeks?   Answer Question

Stagiare Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Paris (France)) in October 2017.

Interview

J'ai postulé en ligne au départ pour participer au Marketing days puis ensuite entretien téléphonique qui s'est suivi d'un entretien via Skype avec le manager et la chargée de recrutement.

Interview Questions

• Que feriez vous si suite à un problème réseau les joueurs perdaient leurs sauvegardes ?   Answer Question

Stage Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

call entre 15 à 45 minutes sur la culture JV de la personne, ses connaissances sur l'industrie, les virages pris, les grandes tendances etc.
    Puis une journée chez ubi avec les autres candidats en lices. On est mis en groupe de 5. Conf sur l'industrie du JV + ubisoft au début. Puis après sujet très axé produit et stratégie comm à faire en groupe de 5 sur 1H, présenter le résultat du Powerpoint à des employés, questions réponses. après ça entretien individuel de presque une heure, sur la connaissance du marketing, des outils, des expériences précédentes et pertinentes etc.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

i Went in talked to them the said so u wanna test games I said of course I do it was me dream to work for Ubisoft so I think it went well

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

Essay writing like favourite game character or favourite game, game play round contains finding bugs next round is technical face to face round. Interview process is very good .they ask for types of games you played and next round is HR discussion round

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Paris (France)).

Interview

Premier entretien téléphonique informel (test d'anglais et d'actualité de l'industrie) puis rencontre IRL avec une personne RH, tout à fait chaleureuse et vraisemblablement compétente, mais stagiaire. Quelques questions de mises en situation ("que feriez-vous comme opération marketing avec tel ou tel cadre d'action"...). Impression très favorable en sortie d'entretien.
    La personne RH me rappelle quelques semaines plus tard pour me dire qu'après avoir étudié les CV, les managers ont décidé de prendre quelqu'un de plus expérimenté.
    Quel intérêt y avait-il alors à me faire venir pour un entretien IRL, auquel les managers n'ont même pas assisté, si c'est ensuite pour me faire disqualifier sur le CV ?

Interview Questions

• Tout le monde nous dit être fan de jeux-vidéo et rêver de travailler pour nous. Vous, qu'allez-vous nous apporter ?   Answer Question