Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.8

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on Ubisoft website. First had a phone interview with university relations manager. Three weeks later went into office for in person interview. Was interviewed by the entire public relations team in five groups of two for half an hour each so I was there for two and a half hours. All pretty much asked the same questions. Got back to me two weeks later.

Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft in April 2014.

Interview

HR was friendly and professional
    The requirements sounded like a perfect match for my skillset, so I applied. They answered, but sent an art-test. Unfortunanenly, it required a skillset which was clearly not listed in the requirements. Thus, it was a bit difficult.

Anyways, not complaining. probably just a small communication issue - can happen with thousands of applicants and openings.

Interview Questions

• art test deviated strongly from the requirements of the job title.   Answer Question

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

phone with HR and HM, then onsite

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were about 3 to 4 rounds of interviews meeting with several people above and at the same level to your applied position.

Initially you communicate with a recruiter through email to coordinate a telephone interview. The phone interview starts with an extensive overview on how Ubisoft is structured then proceeds to your typical Q&A. Please make note the overview is a long-winded speech.

If invited back you meet with HR and everyone else . It's mostly conversational mixed with Q&A as opposed to situational or behavorial. The people seemed nice, easy to speak with, and has worked there for a very long time. Average 5+ years.

The crowd isn't diverse at all and it's a tight knitted group. You guys can do the math on this as some might approve but others might not.

It'll be interesting to see the stats on diversity: gender, ethnicity, openly LGBT, and also income disparity at this company. From my memory, there was only one person of color in the office.

PR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was initially impressed with how quickly I was contacted after applying. I applied online and received an email from a recruiter less than two weeks later, scheduling a phone interview on the next business day. The interview was a pretty standard first round interview - Why are you interested in this company and this position, tell me about your experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I was told there were four other candidates being interviewed, and that I would know if I moved forward by the end of the week. I did (what I perceived to be) very well and was confident that I would advance. I followed up with the recruiter four times over the next three weeks, hearing little other than that the decision was still with the hiring manager. After three weeks, I followed up again and was told there were other candidates with interests that better matched the position. After keeping me on the hook that long, I would have appreciated some more specific feedback.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First in person interview was with Director and VP of sales which ran about 2 hours and included me doing a sales pitch/presentation on 3 new product launches. Second in person interview at corporate involved 8 interviews over 7 hours with a fly in and fly out day of. Was certain I wouldn't get an offer because several of the interviewers were brutal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was pretty firm and no opportunity to negotiate

Campus Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Series of phone calls

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted contract offer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by email from internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with VP.

Interview Questions

• How do you compile and make a P&L?   1 Answer
    • Regarding a development contract, what are the issues that take the longest to negotiate?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It started off with the initial phone screen, then there were two rounds of on site interviews, about 4 people each time. The first round was with somebody from HR and some members of the team the open position was on. he next round had some Director and VP level employees .

Interview Questions

• I was given an excel test that tested vlookops, pivot tables, and some other formulas. I was also asked questions about seasonality in gaming.   1 Answer

Associate Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

After a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and the team's Lead Software Engineer they flew me to San Francisco for a final interview. They gave me 1 hour to complete a programming test, and I went through a series of 1:1 interviews with a few team members of all specialities.