Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Very rare that this level position is looked for outside the company since it would likely be a VP position in other companies. At this level expect the entire senior management team to interview you. Expect multiple rounds and expect to go up against national candidates from outside the industry.

Interview Questions

• Honestly it is a very straight forward interview process, in fact one might argue they need to be more diligent in their interviews. Do not worry too much about 'zinger' questions. There are no Google like questions or cases to solve. Expect "are you a gamer" but know that the answer does not need to be yes if you are functionally solid.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Responsible negotiation for senior positions though there are policies in place that will preclude wholesale "open checkbook" discussions.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received an email around three months later that they wanted to set up a phone interview. This was on a Friday morning. The interaction was fast and an interview was scheduled for the following Monday afternoon. I received another email about fifteen minutes before the scheduled interview time telling me that another member of the hiring team had put out an offer to someone else without consulting the rest of the team and it was accepted over the weekend, so my interview was cancelled. Incredibly unprofessional.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contacted initially by a hiring manager. Spoke on the phone with two developers. I was flown out and interviewed in person by whole team. Flown home with offer following a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short, but honest and fair.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Hiring takes place after numerous phone calls with HR. Once interview is established, no one is prepared, many of the same questions and salary negotiations were long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me what your worst experience is when dealing with an ad agency   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and tedious

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The HR guy told me right off the bat he was interviewing 7 other people for the same position that day, he would be asking questions & taking notes, taking those notes to his hiring manager, and following up early the week after to let me know if I would be moving forward.

He essentially asked 3 things:

1. Why are you leaving your company/why work at ours?
    2. Walk me through your resume - tell me why you're qualified.
    3. How much did your previous employer pay/how much do you want us to pay you?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume - tell me why you're qualified.   1 Answer

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

First round :- product testing ( game )
    Second round :- check communication.
    Third round :- technical round
    Fourth round :- HR

most imp thing :- i found partiality at there if you are not from company's State,
                               it would be waste of time.

if you are passionate about game and you don't get chance with ubisoft it's not your fault. ubisoft is best company but , Ubisoft pune is not for those who are not from Maharashtra.

Interview Questions

• 1. game test.   1 Answer
    • 2.write essay on your favorite video game   1 Answer
    • 3.why you want to be a game tester?   1 Answer
    • 4. all about games,platforms,genera,character,history of game,publisher,mobile game,pc game,console game etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Initial email by HR staff, scheduled for a phone screening interview.

Phone interview lasted 30-45 minutes. Be prepared for a poor quality HD voice quality. Use an old phone if possible or land line.
    First impressions - if the HR staffs sounds unenthusiastic or cold, it reflects how the company is treating them. Hence the stigma of internal politics or unfairness might be true.
    Tips - sell yourself well within 30 mins. Don't deviate. Follow job description.

On the same day of phone screening was invited for on-site interview 48 hours later.
    Figured out after the interview that previous things said during the phone interview were not passed down to other HR staff.

2 weeks later, got an email on closure.

Interview Questions

• HR stayed away from Job Description on many occasions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a great interview at Ubisoft, the problems were challenging and interesting, I didn't get the job, but I had a good time there. If you like games and kije to be challenged, then this is definitly a company to consider

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that checks if an NPC is hit by an explosion.   Answer Question

Game Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

they took interview in one day process and they gave me game for playing (rainbow six) for find bug take screen shot (prtsc) find bug.they took interview in one day process and they gave me game for playing (rainbow six) for find bug take screen shot (prtsc) find bug

Interview Questions

• 2 technical round ask about fav game and all kind of game which you are played   1 Answer

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

HR wrote back to me on LinkedIn(after I sent my CV) and asked to call me for some basic questions,then said she would keep me updated on the next steps.
    Wrote back 1 week later for interview at Ubisoft.
    Went there,did the interview(really nice interview,good questions,no cheap shot)and got a call back 1 week after for an offer.