Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

PR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was initially impressed with how quickly I was contacted after applying. I applied online and received an email from a recruiter less than two weeks later, scheduling a phone interview on the next business day. The interview was a pretty standard first round interview - Why are you interested in this company and this position, tell me about your experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I was told there were four other candidates being interviewed, and that I would know if I moved forward by the end of the week. I did (what I perceived to be) very well and was confident that I would advance. I followed up with the recruiter four times over the next three weeks, hearing little other than that the decision was still with the hiring manager. After three weeks, I followed up again and was told there were other candidates with interests that better matched the position. After keeping me on the hook that long, I would have appreciated some more specific feedback.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First in person interview was with Director and VP of sales which ran about 2 hours and included me doing a sales pitch/presentation on 3 new product launches. Second in person interview at corporate involved 8 interviews over 7 hours with a fly in and fly out day of. Was certain I wouldn't get an offer because several of the interviewers were brutal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was pretty firm and no opportunity to negotiate

Campus Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Series of phone calls

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted contract offer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by email from internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with VP.

Interview Questions

• How do you compile and make a P&L?   1 Answer
    • Regarding a development contract, what are the issues that take the longest to negotiate?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It started off with the initial phone screen, then there were two rounds of on site interviews, about 4 people each time. The first round was with somebody from HR and some members of the team the open position was on. he next round had some Director and VP level employees .

Interview Questions

• I was given an excel test that tested vlookops, pivot tables, and some other formulas. I was also asked questions about seasonality in gaming.   1 Answer

Associate Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

After a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and the team's Lead Software Engineer they flew me to San Francisco for a final interview. They gave me 1 hour to complete a programming test, and I went through a series of 1:1 interviews with a few team members of all specialities.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Very rare that this level position is looked for outside the company since it would likely be a VP position in other companies. At this level expect the entire senior management team to interview you. Expect multiple rounds and expect to go up against national candidates from outside the industry.

Interview Questions

• Honestly it is a very straight forward interview process, in fact one might argue they need to be more diligent in their interviews. Do not worry too much about 'zinger' questions. There are no Google like questions or cases to solve. Expect "are you a gamer" but know that the answer does not need to be yes if you are functionally solid.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Responsible negotiation for senior positions though there are policies in place that will preclude wholesale "open checkbook" discussions.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received an email around three months later that they wanted to set up a phone interview. This was on a Friday morning. The interaction was fast and an interview was scheduled for the following Monday afternoon. I received another email about fifteen minutes before the scheduled interview time telling me that another member of the hiring team had put out an offer to someone else without consulting the rest of the team and it was accepted over the weekend, so my interview was cancelled. Incredibly unprofessional.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contacted initially by a hiring manager. Spoke on the phone with two developers. I was flown out and interviewed in person by whole team. Flown home with offer following a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short, but honest and fair.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Hiring takes place after numerous phone calls with HR. Once interview is established, no one is prepared, many of the same questions and salary negotiations were long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me what your worst experience is when dealing with an ad agency   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and tedious