Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First round is game testing round in which you have to play a game for 1 hr and you have to find bugs in it and make a report of it.It is elimination round.
    then 2nd round is technical interview which is a tough one. Interview goes on for 40 mins . They ask information about games you played and world gaming events, global gaming companies, bugs in games you shared with them.
    third round is HR round which is very easy one, nothing new in it. just regular questions about yourself.

Application

Interview

The interview was in four different levels. I had applied online through company's website.
    1st level - Essay writing on your favorite game.
    2nd level- Play a game and find out bugs.
    3rd level- Technical interview.
    4th level- HR round.

Interview Questions

• It was all about the games I had played and everything I have mentioned in the resume. They also try to find out how updated knowledge you have about the gaming industry and the hardware support for the industry.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in the website for Düsseldorf location. The person of HR, contact me quickly by mail and we arranged a phone interview with he and two senior developers.
    The first question why do you join to Ubisoft? Then I had to introduce myself. Later the developers did technical questions, but never I had a feed when I finished my answers. A few days I had a feedback with the HR's person, he said me that they decided to select other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you join to Ubisoft?
      Tell me about you
      What is the difference between classes and structures?
      What is a deadlock?
      Do you work with C++ 14?
      Do you know std::bin library?
      What is the heap?
      1 Answer

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

First round :- product testing ( game )
    Second round :- check communication.
    Third round :- technical round
    Fourth round :- HR

most imp thing :- i found partiality at there if you are not from company's State,
                               it would be waste of time.

if you are passionate about game and you don't get chance with ubisoft it's not your fault. ubisoft is best company but , Ubisoft pune is not for those who are not from Maharashtra.

Interview Questions

• 1. game test.   1 Answer
    • 2.write essay on your favorite video game   1 Answer
    • 3.why you want to be a game tester?   1 Answer
    • 4. all about games,platforms,genera,character,history of game,publisher,mobile game,pc game,console game etc.   Answer Question

Junior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job using SmartRecruiters through their website. Took a week until I was informed it was being reviewed.

I was contacted by a staff of the recruitment team via email two days following that to arrange an visit to their office for a Technical Test within two weeks (including the week I received the email).

On the day of the Technical Test, I was escorted by the same staff of the recruitment team to a small room to do the test alone. The test lasted 1.5 hours, and comprised of topics such as programming languages, math, algorithm, logic, and debugging.

Four days afterwards I was informed that they will not be progressing any further with the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What are exceptions and what are the advantages and disadvantages in comparison to error codes?   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 5 months.
    They contacted me for the first time in one month since I've send my resume.
    Then they schedule a phone interview with HR, after that they send me a technical 90m test. It was a very time tight test.
    After that I have two more phone interviews with leads from the studio.

All this time everything went really well but unfortunatly they rejected me by phone after all those months and effort saying that I wasnt Sr enought. I feel really disappointed and frustrated about the whole process.

I would highly recommend to shorten the timeframe for the process in order to keep expectation low and to give more feedback during the interviews in order to have a more realistic view of the outcome and avoid waisting all this time.

Its important to say that I applied from another country from where this studio was located (Canada) and that I had an employee referal.

Interview Questions

• there where so many that I cant recall at this time. But there were difficult techical interviews.   Answer Question

Trainee Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was an on campus placement. Before the rounds, there was a pre-placement presentation. There were three rounds. The first round was an online aptitude which consisted of questions related to gaming knowledge and some logical reasoning questions. The second round was a technical interview and the final round was HR.

Interview Questions

• If you're given a game called "driver" for testing, what would be your approach for testing it?   1 Answer

Trainee Game Tester Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft in March 2017.

Interview

The company came for on campus placement and first they gave the presentation and then the online test followed by technical and HR round..
    It was pretty much cool getting interviewed as it was my first interview and being a gamer i was excited for this particular company.
    The online aptitude was based on gaming questions and logical reasoning.
    We had to write an essay on our favorite game and there were some subjective questions
    After that it was followed by technical and HR interview

And i got selected
    Cheers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a fake job posting which is still getting posted. I built a fully matched CV with this job description. and I sent my CV. Nobody answered. A few days later, I started adding a ton of Ubisoft Montreal office employees and one of the kindly forwarded my CV to HR. and Yes I happily got an assignment to solve in one week. I solved in the best way and I put it in my GitHub account, and then I send the link to the HR. No answer. Pure Silence until yesterday, that I sent an email that I have offer from YP I got a response back that
    Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
    Unfortunately, we will not be moving forward with your candidacy as we have recently filled the position.
    Best of luck at Yellow Pages.

I don mind if I get rejected but thanks God, GitHub has a graphs traffic which shows no one, NO ONE opened the link of my answer in the past two months. It was a fake job posting.

Interview Questions

• Please write a Secret Santa app for us using MEAN stack.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Initial email by HR staff, scheduled for a phone screening interview.

Phone interview lasted 30-45 minutes. Be prepared for a poor quality HD voice quality. Use an old phone if possible or land line.
    First impressions - if the HR staffs sounds unenthusiastic or cold, it reflects how the company is treating them. Hence the stigma of internal politics or unfairness might be true.
    Tips - sell yourself well within 30 mins. Don't deviate. Follow job description.

On the same day of phone screening was invited for on-site interview 48 hours later.
    Figured out after the interview that previous things said during the phone interview were not passed down to other HR staff.

2 weeks later, got an email on closure.

Interview Questions

• HR stayed away from Job Description on many occasions.   Answer Question