Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.7

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Hiring takes place after numerous phone calls with HR. Once interview is established, no one is prepared, many of the same questions and salary negotiations were long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me what your worst experience is when dealing with an ad agency   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and tedious

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The HR guy told me right off the bat he was interviewing 7 other people for the same position that day, he would be asking questions & taking notes, taking those notes to his hiring manager, and following up early the week after to let me know if I would be moving forward.

He essentially asked 3 things:

1. Why are you leaving your company/why work at ours?
    2. Walk me through your resume - tell me why you're qualified.
    3. How much did your previous employer pay/how much do you want us to pay you?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume - tell me why you're qualified.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The guy (sounded very young and not perfect English) just read some general questions and seemed generally annoyed with everything. I know being a recruiter and maintain a good energy and (even if fake) interest in the person talking to is a hard work, but this is a first impression about the company to the future employees, and I didn't feel welcomed at all.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Ubisoft / name three things important to you at a workplace   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Spent personal time completing a test analysis that they had asked me to prepare in advance for the interview, was told the position was immediate, was interviewed by 3 managers and HR, all extremely interested in me. It all went super well, but in the end, it took them 3 weeks to get back to me (after promising a reply within a few days), and declined my application with no explanation, via email. Pretty disappointed by that disrespectful process.

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

First, you take a written test which last an hour on various topics such as logic, algorithms, data structures, AI, graphics and security.

Once you passed, they will call you up for an interview with the lead programmers which might last around 1-2 hours. Here, they will ask technical questions such as collision detection.

Finally, you will be interviewed by the producers, which might last around an hour as well.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of unsorted even and odd integers, sort them into 2 arrays of even and odd integers respectively.   Answer Question

Texture Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I didn't actually mean to go on interview for a job because at the time I was already employed with an outlook on extension. The visit was not so much an interview, but a conversation. We had an interesting discussion about my personal work, our views on hogging knowledge and the free distribution of that, work/life balance. In all it was a great conversation that turned interview and the actual offer was a bit surprising at the end.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Poor, contact for interview and then radio silence no further contact for 6 weeks. Arrange time and date for interview, again radio silence to date. Really poor experience. No contact since then and would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked as recruiter failed to follow through on interview request.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Took a technical test, then a phone interview 2 weeks later. Arranged for a technical interview within 2 weeks, and finally a production interview within 2-3 weeks.
    Generally the HR staff took pretty long to get back because "the studio was busy"

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

Essay writing like favourite game character or favourite game, game play round contains finding bugs next round is technical face to face round. Interview process is very good .they ask for types of games you played and next round is HR discussion round

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft in October 2017.

Interview

Overall easy difficulty if you are a passionate gamer.
    1. First round we were given a sheet of paper and asked to write the names of games we have played till date on Pc, mobiles and consoles. Next question was to write why Ubisoft? And essay writing was there, Favorite character in video games
    2. Game test, Rainbow Six Ravel shield (2001) is given to play for 45 min and asked to find bugs and report them in a word file
    3. Technical round, lots of gaming related questions were asked, 2 puzzles were given to solve, Why Gaming? this question was asked
    4. Final round, HR which was just a formality and compatibility with company was checked, policies were discussed

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Ubisoft, why not any other studio?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about gaming hardware? Tell any one graphics card model number.   Answer Question