Ubisoft Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a fake job posting which is still getting posted. I built a fully matched CV with this job description. and I sent my CV. Nobody answered. A few days later, I started adding a ton of Ubisoft Montreal office employees and one of the kindly forwarded my CV to HR. and Yes I happily got an assignment to solve in one week. I solved in the best way and I put it in my GitHub account, and then I send the link to the HR. No answer. Pure Silence until yesterday, that I sent an email that I have offer from YP I got a response back that
    Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
    Unfortunately, we will not be moving forward with your candidacy as we have recently filled the position.
    Best of luck at Yellow Pages.

I don mind if I get rejected but thanks God, GitHub has a graphs traffic which shows no one, NO ONE opened the link of my answer in the past two months. It was a fake job posting.

Interview Questions

• Please write a Secret Santa app for us using MEAN stack.   1 Answer

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

HR wrote back to me on LinkedIn(after I sent my CV) and asked to call me for some basic questions,then said she would keep me updated on the next steps.
    Wrote back 1 week later for interview at Ubisoft.
    Went there,did the interview(really nice interview,good questions,no cheap shot)and got a call back 1 week after for an offer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took a while from online application to Interview ar their office in montreal saint laurent. It took the hr weeks before answering replying to email regarding the status of the interview

Interview Questions

• How to manage two task with same deadline but you cant finish both of them by the end of the day   Answer Question

Generalist Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for a generalist programmer position, I got a call with a recruiter who then sent me a Node.js test (really specific questions). Really weird. Then I had a group call with 4 people, with varied technical questions. No code. Then they made me an offer, with a short reflection delay (5 days). I finally nicely told them I would not accept the offer at that salary, and would also need few more days to think about other aspects if my salary requirements were met. I have been told in a very cold way, that the offer was final and was not meant to be a comparison for other offers. I genuinely would have considered that offer if they made an effort on the salary, I don't understand this reaction. Very rude and clumsy.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

HR phone interview followed by manager interview then by manager's manager & other direct report.

Very laid back, relaxed discussions. Some technical questions, situational questions as well as more macro "where do you see yourself in a few years" and industry / main competitors. People skill related questions such as conflict management.

Interview Questions

• How did you drive change in a past experience and what were the quantifiable results?   Answer Question

Ergonomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Just an hour after applying for this position I already heard back from the recruiter via an email, asking me if I had some time for a quick phone conversation. After confirming my availability, he called me immediately. The conversation went very well, professional, very friendly, and light-hearted. It did not feel like an interrogation, a process he goes through 30 times a day, but a very personal experience. We set the date of the interview at the Montreal office, which was about a week after our conversation. His words were: “This gives you plenty of time to prepare”. Five stars to the recruiter!

At my actual interview, I met with two ladies, the lead of the department and an analyst. We talked at great length, even going over the scheduled time to cover everything. They wanted me to walk through the process of some of my previous work, which I had prepared in a portfolio on my iPad. The questions very professional, and they also revealed the goal of the position. It was a very pleasant experience from beginning to end. Unfortunately, the position was canceled at Ubisoft.

Interview Questions

• After explaining to me what I would be working on, the asked me what some of the first actions would be to get this project going.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Took a long time: initial phone interview to filter out bogus candidates. Then a technical interview, then interview with immediate superior + HR drone. Process took about 4 weeks. It did not help that it was during summer, I understand that.

Interview Questions

• Describe all processes involved during initial boot of a server   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negociated my holydays more than my pay itself. I did get what I wanted but it took some talking; they were initialy not inclined to give me what I wanted until I walked out of the negociation; they then came back with an agreement on what I've asked.

Tools Audio Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

initial short call from HR to know expected salary, why interested, etc. Then 2 programming tests, one on audio programming and one on general c++ programming. I think I took too long on the general test, I took like 3hrs when it was limited to 2hrs... in any case my performance on that test wasn't good enough to get an interview

Interview Questions

• audio programming was quite basic, e.g., what is an audio sequencer, what is pro tools. Not really any programming questions in that one. For the general tests, assembly questions (which I ignored), some c#, and some general math/3d questions, like how many vertices are required to be rendered when a game is streaming with a given refresh rate and the player is moving at a speed of X m/s yadayada (pretty sure I bombed that one lol).   Answer Question

Budgeting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

One general over the phone interview and then another face to face interview. Wasn't called after. However they were very polite. Many places don't even call you if they don't want to meet you for a second interview, they called and said it was a pleasure to meet you, however we won't be moving forward with you (something in those lines)

Generalist Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview of about 20 minutes with recruiter to know the reason why I applied, my expected salary range and when I would be available. I answered I'd give three weeks notice to my current employer.

Interview on site with recruiter, team lead and director. Technical and non-technical questions. Their intention was to know my personnality, my strengths and weaknesses, how I would fit in the team. They kindly answered my questions, really honest answers. Interview lasted about one hour. They said I'd get an technical interview online that I'd be able to answer from home, needed to plan for 100 minutes.

Got the technical questions, took about 120 minutes to complete at my own pace. Very broad range of subjects as it was intended for a generalist programmer.

A phone about one week after the technical questions to plan for a small phone interview. This interview was with recruiter, two team leads and the director and they wanted to know more about my long term goals, had questions about my personal career path up to that point.

Got a phone call 3-4 days after the last phone interview, saying they wanted to give me an offer but needed to verify some professional references before, which I gave them the next day.

The verification of references took about one week and I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about MMX specific Assembly code. I don't know much about Assembly other than my general course on computer architecture in University.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was fine for me.