Ubisoft Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ubisoft Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2008.

Interview

Was contacted by HR person by email, then by phone, then went through a programming test and interview with the team. The test was quite easy but contained some unrelated material. Also had to fill out a "personality profile". Was interviewed by team lead and several programmers, no tough questions but really disliked the unsubstantiated "looking down upon" from the old-timer team members that was evident during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe/explain MFC32 and Assembler function names. Unrelated to the nature of the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Got an offer for a junior position , but refused since have 5+ years professional experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Ubisoft

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Bucharest (Romania)) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone, by the HR department after having applied online. An interview regarding HR and technical questions was setup. The questions was easy and common in any interview for this position. The next steps included 3 more interviews: one with the HR department, and 2 technical interviews.
    I did not like the fact that the initial technical interview was with a person from the HR department, not with a technical person. I find that disrespectful for any candidate applying for a technical position.

I got a better offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

1] Went to an even, gave my resume to a recruiter who didn't care much about the my cv
    2] Did well on a couple of online tests (algorithms, .NET C# (basics + wpf), Python (a bit twisted)), tests are designed to be lengthy but it's clearly on purpose, it's doable but take your time even though if you might do some OT to finish it.
    3] Talk with different teams
    4] I signed up with the team where I feel I'm gonna get along with the people
    5] Recruite gave me a package, I said yes, then done

Interview Questions

• How do you test your software solution in current company?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your first company?   Answer Question
    • Are you reading to learn AWS, MongoDB and brush up your C++ skills?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation cause the offer matched my expectations back then.
    I'd like to point out that Ubisoft also offers a decent package of relocation (maybe not comparable to Microsoft, Google or Amazon) but still good enough for me (a matter of perspective).

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Bucharest (Romania)) in March 2016.

Interview

Technical interview given by online test. The face to face discussion included a technical part where we discussed about the technologies I worked with, the available projects in the company and the teams. Second was a classic HR interview about motivation, limits, expectancies and challenges.

Interview Questions

• did I use source control in any of the previous projects?   Answer Question
    • did I work with Agile methodology?   Answer Question
    • hr- what were the things you did not like about the previous company where you worked?   Answer Question