Uline Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uline Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

Lengthy with lots of tests, but definitely worth it. You have to go through quite a few hoops, but they are very accommodating. They are also very resourceful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Uline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

First there is online assessment; personality and sales knowledge. In person interview; one takes computer assessments then the standard interview. recruiter was not rude but definitely not friendly.

Liberals beware. Females beware: dress or skirt? Must wear tights or pantyhose, no bare legs. Men must wear a tie.

Was told politics and religion talk highly encouraged in office. Was told owners want you to know what is going on with (interviewer listed all conservative candidates and then threw in one liberal) candidates.

Told owner makes unilateral decision on all hires based on tests and interview notes, regardless of you were liked or not by interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Why are you looking? What was the most difficult situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a bit drawn out. Had to complete 4 assessments online and send in before the actual face to face interview. Then when on-site, had to complete two timed numbers tests, then finally meet with interviewer. Face to face was pretty short time frame, interviewer didn't seem all that interested in being there. Overall was not very impressed with the process. When the talent scout originally called to set up the interview, I asked her which area this current position was in. She gave me a pretty vague, round about answer which made me believe they were just interviewing to interview, not really looking to fill an open position.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: What do you like about your current job, what don't you like, why are you looking to leave, what compensation are you looking for, how long have you been looking for a job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

I had 2 interviews. The first one with and HR rep. 4 weeks later I had a second interview with the person who would've been my supervisor. I never heard back after that interview. I think when a company can't even let you know the position has been filled is VERY poor practice.

Interview Questions

• Talking about the whole dress code experience - women must wear dresses or skirts with panythose.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I was tested with 2 numbers tests, Microsoft programs test, and 3 interviews. One with HR, with the distribution manager and senior distribution manager. They were hard to gauge to see if they were interested or not. They also gave me a walk thru of the distribution center.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a little more than I asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online then was called to set up an interview. I was given the number for a woman who NEVER answered her phone and didn't return my voicemail. After a couple days, I spoke with the operator who said she is a recruiter but does not handle setting up interviews, and gave me the number for another guy to call. I called him and set up the interview. He sent me an email with a series of "tests" I was supposed to take BEFORE the interview. It was a personality test and a writing test, and also a background check and application form.

The personality test was easy, and the writing test was a bit weird. It was basically taking a long paragraph and making it more concise while still hitting the main details. It took me about an hour to do all this and email it back. They also sent the info for the background check which I had to email back BEFORE the interview with the completed application. This made me a bit uncomfortable, because I had to list my date of birth, which I know is technically illegal for them to ask... especially before an offer is made... Anyways, I filled out all that info- VERY detailed, they want your mother's maiden name, your SS#, your DOB and previous addresses, etc etc. I completed all this info too and brought the signed papers to the interview. I hate thinking about how much info they have on me now laying around somewhere!

I went to the interview, which was okay but felt a bit like a cattle call. In one small interview room, there were about 10 other people waiting for interviews. The receptionist said they run interviews like this ALL DAY LONG, 5 days a week. The interview itself was first a series of tests, which I took in a classroom with about 4 other people who were also interviewing. It was a sales aptitude test (which was a bit confusing, I have NO clue how I did one that) and a test to show that you can match numbers in series and sequence. They were pretty easy, but they don't tell you the results or what they are looking for, so I don't really know. I was then brought back to the waiting room, where I waited for about 55 minutes while watching the other interviewees go in and out. The interview itself was fine. Just a series of basic questions like "what is your greatest strength?" and "what are your weaknesses?" I thought this went very well, I felt like I did a good job. I was then told I would get a call or email in 10 days letting me know if they wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview. About 8 days later, I got an email that I did not get the job. I was a bit surprised I didn't get a 2nd interview, I thought it had gone very well, and I am certainly well qualified and experienced. I have since then applied for similar jobs with Uline, and have always gotten an email right away that they are not interested. So I guess I got blacklisted somehow?? Not sure what happened there-- I filled out all the forms, took all the tests, got to the interview on time and prepared and wearing my best suit... but I figure maybe it just wasn't meant to be. It was a bit of a strange process, so hopefully my detailed account will help someone else in the process! Just a tip I got from a friend who used to work there- Wear a suit to the interview- ladies, they prefer knee-length skirts and nylons. And also be VERY careful of your grammar on the forms and in the writing sample. Apparently any little typo will get your resume tossed. Good luck!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Uline in May 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position via Monster.com on a Thursday. By Friday, I received a call and scheduled an interview for the following Thursday. That same day I was e-mailed a writing style test, a Jung personality test and a word association test to be completed before the weekend. On the day of the interview, I took a spelling test, a typing test, a pattern sequencing test, and a number scanning test. I then met with the HR rep for about half an hour. She seemed really excited to have me there and took me to meet one of the managers for the department I'd be working for. I talked with that manager for about half an hour, took a tour of the warehouse area, and then the manager asked me to come back the following Monday to take more tests and meet the other manager for the department. I returned, took an excel test, an access test, and a word test, then met with the two managers for about half an hour. I was then "double jacked" with an expereinced Customer Service rep so I could listen in to incoming calls. She was very encouraging and extremely nice and interested in hearing about me and my interview experience. By 2pm on Tuesday I had received an offer and was asked to give notice at my current job so I could begin training in exactly two weeks. The company has a very formal look-- business professional, something I find extremely appealing. The buildings are also impecably clean, another plus for me. I think the most awesome thing I've noticed is that everyone seems to get along with everyone else. The people are extremely nice and outgoing, and everyone smiles and says hello to each other. It's an open floor office with cubicles, so you work with everyone around you, and during the interview process, you get to walk right throgh it and see what it looks like. I'm very impressed and excited!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This company offered me a salary of $5 more per hour than my previous job, with twice as many hours to work, as well as health, dental, and vision insurance an paid time off. No negotiations neccessary!