Uline Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uline Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Uline (Libertyville, IL).

Interview

2 timed tests in the beginning (matching number test and a sequence test). Then had first interview. Then had to take a spelling and typing test. Then had an additional interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Uline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Walked in and handed application to the staff, then you will be asked to wait in a room with about 20 other interviewees. Before you speak to anyone, you would need to take two 4 minutes number assessment tests. Then waited to be called individually for interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They put you in a room with a ton of other people and you wait to take your tests. They had two number test which you probably heard on other reviews and then you wait to be called for an interview. They only ask a few questions while you're in a room with other people talking one on one during their interview. I personally felt like they didn't ask enough core questions to get to know the type of worker I am and the potential I could have offered . I personally felt like they judged your results on how well you did on the assessments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Uline (Allentown, PA).

Interview

So I had my first interview with them this morning, I won't find out until 2 - 3 business days from now whether I got the job or not. Either way, I believe they deserve a positive review.

Everything went smoothly from the very start. As I entered the main entrance, I was greeted by two lovely women, and they took my paperwork and I waited maybe 10 minutes. There was only one lady and me there for interviews at the time.

Another very kind lady took us to the next room where we took two 4-minute tests having to do with numbers, speed, and accuracy. One such test involved completing number patters (i.e. 1 2 3 _ _). The second test was to put a simple check next to a set of numbers if the set was identical (i.e. 1234_1234 checkmark OR 1234_1243 no checkmark).

After that, she took us each to separate rooms to await our interviewer. Mine entered maybe 5 - 10 minutes later and she was very kind and pleasant to talk to. She asked a few questions and overall I was there maybe 10 - 15 minutes. It felt kind of quick, and the other lady getting interviewed was in much longer than me... so I'm not sure if I'll get the job, but overall it was a very relaxed and pleasant experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Chicago, IL).

Interview

You sit and wait in a room with like 20 people. They randomly call you back one by one after giving you two timed tests. The man interviewing me was very rude. All he wanted to know was why I wanted to leave my current job. He also never look at my resume. I honestly got bad vibes after reading about them on this site but I went through with the interview anyway. I'm happy I didn't get the job. This is 2017, women should not be forced to wear skirts and pantyhose to be considered business professionals. The interviewer went off on me when I asked about the dress code.

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

This was the longest interview I have ever endured, but I appreciated it and took it as them not hiring just anyone. As a first tip, you need to dress for the job. I had read many reviews online about the company so I wore a knee length dress, blazer, nylons, and flats. Among the other 20 people in the room, only three of the men were wearing full suits as required by the company and the rest of the women were dressed business casual. For a company that is so focused on dress code, you should come to the interview in their dress code. The 20 of us sat in a conference room and took two timed numerical tests that consisted of seeing if the numbers shown were the same and writing out the next numbers in a pattern. After that, interviewers came in and took you in one by one. My initial interview was fairly short and had the basic questions that I will list below. She left the room to speak with her manager about it and I was a little worried since the interview was so short, but she came back in and wanted me to take a spelling and typing test on the computer. I took the tests and then went back to the waiting room. I looked for other people that were in the big group and it seemed like everyone else was being walked out the front door. I took that as a good sign that I was doing well in the process. A few minutes later, a woman that I believe was a department assistant manager interviewed me. She asked me a lot about my current job (which is working in a call center in a difficult industry) and how I deal with that. This one lasted quite a bit longer than the initial interview and was more difficult. She then asked me if I would like to shadow someone on the calls so I can see if I would like it. I listened in with an employee for about 15 minutes, was able to ask her about her job and how she likes it between calls. She was very friendly. The assistant manager came back and said the department manager wanted to speak with me. I sat down with him and while it was certainly still an interview, it felt more like a conversation. He was very laidback and friendly, I'd love to work for him. He gave me a tour of the office and warehouse at the end, because I had requested one. After we did that, he said that the HR recruiter would be taking my references and I was free to go. I received an email the next day with three or four assessments to complete: personality, sales skills/knowledge, and a writing assessment. The whole interview process was one day and took about 4-4.5 hours. I heard back two weeks later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Uline? What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Why would you be a good fit here?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uline in March 2017.

Interview

Met with a couple of different people, very nice. Was given a timed number test, I don't think I did well just because I am a terrible timed test taker and it was 4 minutes long. Over all the interview was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the usual questions, "what are your strengths, what did you like about the last company you worked for."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

walk in hand in your app. there was a few other people, two black girls one white girl and one white guy. we all took two 4 min very dumb test and then was called one by one for an interview. the guy i had was nice but didnt seem interested. he asked basic questions and the interview was very short thats how i knew i wouldnt be getting a call back. now I have over 7 years of customer service at banks and government agencies. didnt think they needed a rocket scientist to work at uline...however during the interview the interviewer stressed the need to let me know about their strict dress code. women were only allowed to wear long skirts or dresses with pantyhose which i found very weird and outdated. I had on a blazer, black dress top pants and heels. very appropriate. office seemed very stiff and elderly. seems like they have an idea about what type of people they want working there. lets just say everyones interview was very short besides the white girl and white guy....

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

The interview is cold, impersonal, dispassionate. The impression I got is that this is not a company that wants to get to know potential employees. I previously accepted a position in my field of work and while I was waiting for the background check, I got a call to interview at Uline- I saw the "up to $25 an hour" ad and since its closer, I thought it couldn't hurt to check it out. I made it with time to spare. All applicants were herded into a room with about eighty people. Some in denim, others in suits. A lady handed out two tests- a number recognition test (which numbers are the same 01251 01255, 55789 55789, 276001 276002) and a number pattern test (1, 3, 5, 7, __) So, if you're interesting in working here practice number recognition and patterns and be very fast. The hostess stated the answers would be graded for speed and accuracy. She also stated that people were interviewing for various positions. Shortly, a pack of supervisors, managers, department managers- descended on the piles of applications in a separate room. They met with each applicant, one by one 80 or so people. This left many applicants waiting and waiting for an extremely long period of time (waiting at the DMV). It was at that point I noticed some people had interviewed already and were waiting to be called up again- almost as if they were weeding out people and keeping about five or so for second interviews. After waiting for a much longer, I started to gather my items to leave. but my name was finally called before I could. A lady called my name and met with me for about five minutes- she discussed certain things such as the shift hours, the days, the pay, what are my expectations for the company and about a time I delivered someone good news. I asked a question and that was it. They did not try to get to know me, as other employers do with the who are you, why do you want to work here, what do you have that other applicants don't, what makes YOU stand out questions. None of that. It was rather a humiliating experience. The hostess did explain that they receive up to 1000 applications a week. I was able to find out from the interviewer that they have these mass interviews very often- every Friday, some Saturdays for warehouse due to high turnover. And that was it. This is not a company I would be interested in any further in the future. Interviewing is never fun, but this was certainly unique in that I have never felt treated like just another number like I was at Uline. It was almost as if I was taking their time, and they have so many applicants that they need to get it over with. I have taken aptitude tests before- however, many of the companies I have dealt with have online assessments available before they schedule you for an interview. It is time efficient as they know who to invite for interviews and who they should not. But, if this system of mass interview works for them- I truly do wish them the best in their endeavors. To those who apply- good luck. Practice the pattern and accuracy tests.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations? (interviewer did not elaborate- but she meant what did I expect from the company)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

Various timed tests, numbers, typing, spelling, translating test. Interviews with HR, and department managers.
    Shadow another employee to see the job responsabilities.
    Waiting a couple days to receive a call to send more documents to run a background check.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What would your previous managers say about you?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Smooth negotiation process.