Uline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.7

Web Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

The testing associate was pleasant enough. The interview was rather cold. Somewhat rapid-fire typical questions and without any feel of an authentic, engaging two-way conversation. I think it is because they go through so many applicants. It impeded any ability to connect with the interviewer, and it probably showed. I did not move forward.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

The lady was nice and she asked behavioral questions. There were four steps that needed to be completed before the phone call. They made me do a couple of quizzes, questionnaires, and an essay revision. They were looking for a sales major.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

We met with the front desk. They grabbed our resume and application that they told us to fill out prior to the interview. We then met in a conference room with 20 other people. We did two math assessments that were fairly easily. They were timed four minutes each. You needed to get done as much as possible. They then called you one by one to start an interview. I then was told to wait by the computers to do two more assessments on a computer. I had to do a spelling and typing test. I was then called in for another interview. Spent about 20 minutes with a very friendly gentle men. He told me they would contact me by the end of the week or by the start of next week. It has been over a week now and I haven't heard anything via phone or email.

Interview Questions

• What would your current boss say about you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Uline (Auburn, WA).

Interview

It started with crazy questionnaires to fill out taking substantial time. Much of it had nothing to do with the position --a lengthy sales techniques questionnaire for an HR professional. Really? Then I was given several more timed tests at the location. Each time I was told not to peek at the questions until told to start and then the person administering left the room for a few minutes before returning to say start. I felt like a child being observed to see if I would cheat. The interview questions were non existent- just a long walk through my resume. He questioned 3 times something I said I have done-clearly not believing me despite the information being true. The interviewer, a middle aged man, at one point referred to a comment being "between us girls." When I asked about diversity initiatives I got a negative reaction-that it was a non-issue. Seriously? Full disclosure-I was not offered the position. However, I was so offended by the process I would not have accepted it.

Uline Response

Feb 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Our mission is "speed, Passion and Operational Excellence", we want employees who fit this mission and fit well with our culture. Our hiring ... More

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

The interview went great.....or so I thought. I did not get job offer yet I continue to see weekly online job posting for the exact same position. Neither local or corporate HR will not respond back with interview feedback after several requested attempts.

Interview Questions

• The normal/basic interview questions   1 Answer

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through a resume that was posted on a job site. After a good phone interview with the recruiter, my information was submitted directly to Uline.
    I was contacted in a timely manner by Uline, and an in-person interview was scheduled and conducted.
    Uline requires that applicants take a series of antiquated online tests as part of the process.
    Prior to the internal recruiter interview, two additional "numbers" tests are given to all applicants.
    The recruiter asks several questions of the applicant, that seem pretty standard.
    There is a lot of emphasis on their "unique" culture. Evidently, women must wear dresses or if they are going to wear dress slacks they must worn as part of a suit.

Interview Questions

• How long did it take you to get here?   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Saw that Uline was hiring for multiple positions for their location being built in Kenosha (opens end of summer 2017) and was ultimately selected to interview for the Customer Service Manager Trainee. Received a phone call the same day I applied. Set up the interview on a Thursday at their location in Waukegan, IL. When I arrived it was awkward at first, as there were about 20 of us packed into the somewhat smaller reception area. Once they moved us all to a conference room the tensions were eased as we all started talking with each other. We were administered two separate 4 minute exams. Then they took us individually to interview. Went really well so was asked to stay a little longer. Took another spelling and typing exam. Then interviewed with two more people. That also went well, so they had me listen in with a really nice customer service rep to get a feel for what the job was. After that they said they would get back to me to schedule a follow up interview to meet the person in charge of the department. That was last Thursday, and it is now Tuesday. Still waiting to hear back.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

e were logged into the system and then led to a table here a test as administered on metrics similarities and differences and another on intervals. The test was based on accuracy and speed. After the test I was one of the people called out and two people interviewed me and told me I will contacted in 10 working days for a second interview. I am not sure what that means yet.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Need to complete 4 on-line assessments before you go to interview. Two are for personality-related, one for sales skills testing and last one is for writing sample. On interview day, you need to complete 2 tests, 4 minutes of each, one for logical and one for number testing, easy but so many questions. After that will be one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job? Why you leave last company? what is the boss you want to work with?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

General interview questions, recruiter was amiable. There was confusion from the recruiter on where I would have liked to applied to in terms of location. I applied for the marketing internship and did not get a follow up even though the recruiter said he noted it on my application record.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most beneficial course you've taken in college so far?   Answer Question