Uline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

Very detail oriented and traditional interview process. Both interviews were in person instead of over the phone. The 2nd round of interviews was a very efficient 1 after another, total of 4. The company has you take some personality and other tests, but I see this as refreshing. The only glitch in the entire process was the amount of time it took to get an answer. Time between 1st and 2nd interview was about a month and then it was another month and a half before I finally got an answer. Not a way to attract talent and get them hired before they move on.

Customer Service Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The receptionist and/or greeter do not acknowledge you by name and ask you to provide them with the application they sent you. You take a 4 minute timed test and then meet with the first interviewer who asks you pre-screening questions that could've been asked over the phone. They basically then tell you that you will be a customer service representative for 8-12 weeks while you learn. At that point you will be placed as a team lead. When asking about the manager position- they say they dont have any open.. this was a scam and just a tactic to get people in the door. Very dishonest!

General Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Allentown, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple. Was sent the paperwork via email. Brought in the paperwork. Took 2 easy assessments. Which I wasn't sure how it related to the job. Then had a 20min sit down with a Manager. She was nice. Told me about the company. Made it seem like I was a shoe in for the job because of my experience and attitude.

Interview Questions

• Why Uline? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What's one thing you would change about yourself?   1 Answer

Customer Services Representative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Hudson, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Had a phone screening and was invited on site to meet with a recruiter. Had to complete about 2+ hours of testing before coming on site.

Once on site, interviewed with the recruiter and completed some additional testing. Walked away from the interview with positive feedback from the recruiters regarding the next step.

I followed up with a thank you email to the recruiter 2 hours following the interview.

After countless hours of assessments and interviews, I was ultimately not selected for the position. I not only invested my time, energy & stress to this opportunity. At then end, I was sent a generic email letting me know I was not selected for the position.

When I requested feedback, I was told because of company policy, it was not something I could be provided with.

In my opinion, this is unacceptable. As a Professional, it is a company responsibility to provide a superior candidate experience and not discount all of the time and effort candidates put in to work with your organization.

Put yourselves in the candidate's shoes, literally. If you haven't been been part of a rigorous job search, you should get out there and see what it is like. To put all of that time and effort into an interview to receive a generic rejection letter is so disheartening and devaluing.

Instead, send a personalized email or even better, send them a handwritten card! Express the reasons they were not selected, thank them, and acknowledge all of the time they spent interviewing with the you. Send them a trinket or small gift card. Leave them feeling valued. Have the hard conversations, don't cower under a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Auburn, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Before the actual interview you are given two numbers test. The first is finishing sequence/patterns and the second is comparing two sets of numbers. The actual interview is with an HR representative. If you are still considered you continue with interviews with Warehouse Manager, then Distribution Manager, then Branch Manager. Everyone is very friendly and wants to make sure that the you are a good fit for the job as well as make sure that the job is a good fit for you.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Allentown, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was 4 online assessments prior to the interview date. Then there was 2 simple assessments right before the interview. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and I heard back within 3-5 business days with an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uline in June 2017.

Interview

You sit in a room with a bunch of people and take a couple of 4 minutes speed test. Then you get your one on one interview. Basically they are looking for a robot. They are not looking for a manager. This is a dressed up title to hire over qualified people. Do not waste your time. The paper work you have to fill out is insane just for an interview. Old school. Time to get with the program and update to paperless.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Uline (Allentown, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Like others, we had two numeric tests at first. Then a recruiter asked me several questions, not in a room, we were standing in the path of warehouse and started this five minutes interview.
    She doesn't seem to want to hire a master graduate at the very beginning so the whole process, in my opinion, was little careless.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Allentown, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Waste of my time. Applied online they called me the same day to set up an interview. The interview was in the warehouse with 20 other people. You are given instruction not to open or stat anything until they you are instructed to do so. There were two 4 minute number test. First was a number patterns that you had to fill in the blanks. The 2nd was check the 2 number if they were the same if they were not you didn't check it off. Then you are called for a 1 on 1 interview with a manager or HR. I received a phone call that afternoon for a 2nd interview. At the 2nd interview I was interviewed by a team leader that talked to as if I had the job, then I interviewed with a manager who also talked to me as if I was in there. The manager took me into a conference room and said someone would be with me in 5 minutes. I thought they were going to make me an offer but no another interview with the warehouse manager who ask me the same questions that the team leader and manager asked. At the end of the interview he told me they let know something in a couple of days. I walked out confident they were going to offer me a job. The next business day I received an email stating that I was selected for the position. All that interviewing for a Warehouse Associate position. I think they just interview for Management training wasting peoples time.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Kenosha, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email to come in for an interview. I had to complete 4 multiple choice assessments prior to coming in for the interview. Once I got there, I had to complete a series of more tests. They were monitored and timed. A strange experience for me

Interview Questions

• Some the assessment questions were along the lines of If you were in a crowded room, would you sit in the middle, front, back, side of the room? It also asked personality questions like, chose one that you are most like: loyal, nice, understanding, or kind. And it would then make you choose which one you are least like. Those were very difficult.   1 Answer