Uline Interview Questions in Pleasant Prairie, WI | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.8

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 4 online tests (regarding sales, personality and summarizing essay), 2 wonderlic tests (1 number matching and 1 number sequence) and 1 after interview exam (c#). The tests were easy but I was completely caught off guard by the exam. Future candidates should revise their C# materials and know them fully. The company headquarters looked beautiful and the work culture is that of typical corporate America. Overall, the interview was pleasant. Although I didn't get the job, the process was smooth and professional.

Interview Questions

• Couple of questions regarding method concepts, sap.net, mvc and basic c# definitions. The exam is created in such a way to see if you truely know your material and perform in a high stress environment.   Answer Question
    • Write simple SQL statements and find the outcome of a method.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process took over a month (holidays). Received positive comments throughout the whole process. They even sent me confidential information. I honestly thought I would receive the job offer. I did not receive the job offers. Their reason was very poor.

User Experience Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying, I received a phone call a few days later to schedule an in-person interview, which I was highly thrilled about. The interview itself went great. I had a basic screener with the head of HR, followed by 2 interviews back to back with the heads of the department I applied for. I received an email a week after the interview being told that I was currently their top candidate. Unfortunately, I was later informed that Uline was going to put the position I applied for on hold. I can't seem to figure out why a company would advertise a position that they knew in the long run they were going to put on hold? HR had reached out about a similar position that I might be interested in. However, a week later I was told that the position was cancelled. I'm so confused about it all at this point. Don't get me wrong I was treated with great respect when I visited Uline, but I just feel as though they weren't taking this whole interviewing process seriously, which is highly unprofessional. And after returning back here, I can see that many people who interviewed around the same time as me experienced the same thing. If you do get a shot at interviewing with Uline, my one bit of advice is to not get your hopes up too high.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly behavioral or focused around the software I used.   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Extensive and very time consuming. Tests that may be relevant while many test so far from the position, do not know why they were even given. Several long trips fro Illinois to Pleasant Prairie and one to Milwaukee..

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

HR screening on the phone. Online assessment. In-person on site assessment and another HR screening. Uline was insistent on me completing a job application even prior to any discussions with the hiring team. Odd company culture - a big red flag for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a company with a very traditional culture?   1 Answer

VP-Level Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Rigid process and substantial time commitment before the face-to-face interviews even began, including personality and Uline writing style screening. Note to Uline: You have been using the same writing style screen for years. "Passing" entries are passed around to submitting candidates in the Kenosha area like good college quiz results. Further, top senior-level candidates in the area see writing submission as "form over substance". Uline is out of touch with what attracts executive talent.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions, with a lens toward aligning to Uline's corporate culture.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted the day I applied for an in-person interview. Before the interview I had to take 4 assessments, all of which had nothing to do with the job I applied for. The day of the interview, I had two more number tests. I'm not sure what the point of the tests were, one of them was a sales test, even though the job I applied for was IT. The HR recruiter was very rude during the interview, and barely even looked me in the eye during the interview. After the interview though she told me she liked my skills and would be contacting me in two days to set-up another interview with an IT manager. They contacted me over a week later in an email saying I did not get the position. Honestly though, I did not want the job anyways, since from other reviews on here, ULINE seems like a horrible place to work.

Vice President of Creative Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

The initial contact from Uline's H.R. to request an interview after applying online was surprisingly quick. A phone call cemented a phone interview time and date. However, 4 online assessment tests were required of my time before the phone interview. Each test was broken down into elementary H.R. styled questions related to Sales tactics, Uline's company history, a written drill, and finally, a text-book psycho-analysis of your character.

None of the questions posed seemed geared towards hiring the right person for VP of Creative Services; an important position that requires equal amounts of creative and business acumen combined with leadership and production skills.

Completing the tests left me wondering if the job itself I was going to interview for was something that Uline's H.R. was uneducated about to know the skillset, experience, and education needed to lead and represent creative professionals in a corporate environment. The tests took about two hours to complete.

My gut feeling with regards to the position being offered was right, sadly.

The phone interview lasted about 25-30 minutes, and was conducted by a Uline H.R. rep. Questions posed seemed out of tune with the actual job position, and more about text book H.R. psychology, "Do you think you can fit into a corporate culture?"

She was kind, but 100% unknowledgeable about the role of VP of Creative Services, or what a Creative Director does in the advertising and marketing industry. I discovered after asking a few key questions of my own that the position being offered is new, and it hasn't existed before in Uline's corporate structure.

The position requires answering to the CEO's wife, who I was told would meet me the candidates to decide if she likes any of them before an offer would be made to anyone. That was weird for H.R. to admit, though I've met and impressed many superficial individuals in advertising and marketing over the years which requires being a chameleon to impress. The nature of the business.

Secondly, I asked about the role and who I was replacing, what was in place to work with, etc.: The rep told me that Uline has 7 internal creative departments with 7 Directors who supervise a total of 90 people. The VP would serve as the point person for the 7 Directors of 7 departments totaling 90 creative staff members.

Third, I discovered by asking about the department roles that none of the internal creative production departments are Video production, which is strange for a fortune 500 company to not have with regards to its marketing campaigns.

The rep reacted strangely by my surprise, asking me why and additional questions about my skillset. I explained, and she seemed even more confused and unaware of what Creative Directors typically handle without needing to explain why Video marketing is important.

Fourth, and the loudest red flag regarding how unknowledgeable the interviewer was about finding the right person for this job role, VP of Creative Services (or a CCO) is that this role is typically a step up from "Creative Director" in the marketing field—which she was unaware of.

Lastly, she never once asked to see or be provided access to a portfolio for review. Which had also alerted me when initial communication was requested of me to take a test.

Interview Questions

• "How much of your day to day involves marketing and how much involves creative?"   1 Answer
    • What's the one weak trait about yourself that may affect your job?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

~Please read this review if you've applied to be a Financial Analyst - It may save you hours of time~

If I was rating this company based on speed of getting back to me after I submitted a resume for the job, it would be an A+. I applied and within a few hours, I had a call back to set up an interview. I was excited at the time because I've wanted to work my way into a promising company's financial department. I thought the role of Financial Analyst would really boost my career. I set up an interview for a few days later at the Corporate Office in Pleasant Prairie.

In the meantime, I was sent 4 assessments and a formal application to fill out (by hand). I worked for a few hours on all of the assessments and applications because I truly wanted the interview to go well. I arrived for my interview (which was well over an hour drive one-way), and it started off with 2 more assessments with another candidate. Essentially, they were timed skills tests to check your mathematical abilities. Then, I was able to meet 1 on 1 with a recruiter after a 15 minute wait. The questions were fairly basic; what you'd expect from an initial interview. The questions included things like "Why do you want to work for this company," or, "How can you add to our company as a Financial Analyst?" The interview only lasted 20 minutes, and then we discussed relocation to Pleasant Prairie and the role itself in slightly more detail. SEVERAL times we discussed the the "Financial Analyst" role and the position's availability in Pleasant Prairie. I guess that's where the lies started..

A day or two later, I received a phone call from an entirely different recruiter. This one had not interviewed me or scheduled my first interview. This recruiter tells me that they would like to invite me back for a 2nd interview for the position that I applied for..... ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ANALYST. Not only was this a slap in my face because I did not apply for that position, but I did not even interview for that spot the first time. I interviewed for the role of Financial Analyst; nothing else or any other role was ever mentioned one time! To make matters worse, the position was for a different office in Illinois! It wasn't the same position, and it wasn't the same location. I asked if there had been some type of mistake, and all the recruiter could say was "that's all I have in my file." Either someone lied to my face, the company lost my files and application, or the company is just trying to fill random jobs that they need bodies for. My vote is a combination of options 1 & 3.

I worked hard to obtain a Finance degree as well as other strong qualifications for the Financial Analyst position, and this company wanted to stick me in a glorified collections job where you have to make 150 phone calls a day on delinquent accounts. So.....unless you want to be a tele-marketer after you spend 4 years obtaining a Finance degree, I would strongly advise you to reconsider applying for a career position in the finance department with Uline. In my opinion, the hours of time spent on the assessments and traveling to the offices were huge wastes.

Interview Questions

• How can you add value to our company while serving in the role of Financial Analyst?   Answer Question

I declined the second interview because it was for a job that I did not apply or interview for and was located in a different office in a different state.

Uline Response

Aug 15, 2016 – Human Resources

Uline is growing! Having continually hit double digit sales growth we like to bring in strong candidates and grow them in our organization. Having the opportunity to start in an AR Analyst role ... More

Marketing Area Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

It was a long process and not worth two months of my time. I went through 11 assessment tests and three interviews. I met in person the first time with recruiter at Uline. I then was called back to interview with hiring mgr and two others. Then I was called back again to meet with hiring mgr. and VP. I had a behavioral interview. The hiring manager fired questions at me. It went well but the VP told me Liz Uihlein had to approve it. She didm"t approve of me. She never met with me. I also didn't get the job. It was a waste of my time. Even in interviews I was warned about Liz and how extremely difficult she with her employees and how bad she treats everyone at work. Also was told she HATES democrats. So if your a democrat don't bother applying. Even if you are republican, you would be smart to stay away from this company. Go to a company that values employees.