Ulta Beauty Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Ulta Beauty

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Beaumont, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online then called store a few days later for an update. Hiring manager set me up with an interview for the following week. It was a group interview with me and three other girls. Interview as very short, the manager asked things like why we wanted to work there and about our previous/current jobs. Then she proceeded to tell us that because the other manager was not there she would have to schedule is for 2nd interviews. I never reviewed a follow up call for my next interview even though the hiring manager guaranteed one for all of us and when I called for an update the rep told me calls were already made to schedule interviews, but she'll have the manager call me. I never received a call.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Greenville, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

Very casual quick interview. I was asked how I would respond to an unhappy customer, how I would make someone's experience good, things like that, and then just had the position explained to me.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you've made a customer's experience great at a past job?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and heard back from them about three weeks later. Set up an in store interview. It was very easy. She answered all the questions she asked me first with what she had experienced . She said she would call me at the end of the week with an answer, but actually called me two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hours are they give you what they give you even though I told them I was going to be starting college. And as to pay they offered me $8.50, which kinda really sucks.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The GM conducted the interview and did a situational interview. I had to state the problem, give a solution, and give an end result. Some questions were more sales oriented than others. We went through any skills I had that would help with the job. Overall, the interview was fairly laid back.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied to ulta when there were no job openings so I wasn't in any rush. About a month later I got a call they were hiring. I went in the next day and was given the job within the first two minuets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiating was a piece of cake. I get 10 dollars an hour.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Very basic. Applied online was contacted about 2-3 weeks later, scheduled an interview. Interview was very basic HR questions about customer service, strengths and weakness, shopping experiences etc. It was a bit obvious based on the interview that they were already going to hire the people they were interviewing anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Merrillville, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Group interview. Six girls including myself. Two managers were present. Interview took place in the back room which was cramped with a couple chairs placed together. Most unprofessional interview I ever been to. One girl showed up in yoga pants and converse another in sandals, and maxi skirts with splits on the side. I was the only one who brought a resume.

Anonymous Employee in Big Flats, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Big Flats, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Process took a week. Applied online, received a call the next day and scheduled an interview for the next week. I interviewed on a tuesday and was offered the job the next day. Very easy and relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online about a month ago. I received a call last week (8/20/15) and was asked to interview today (8/27/15). Because the location is still under construction, the interview was held at a local coffee shop. I met with who am I assuming was the store manager and with the Prestige Consultant Manager. The interview went so well! It was super laid back. Both ladies were extremely friendly and made me feel at ease immediately. I had originally applied for a Lancome Beauty Advisor but since I had already gotten hired somewhere else while waiting for them to respond, I was not able to accept a full time position. But they were super nice and accommodating. They said they would work around my current job schedule and offered me a part time position as a Prestige Beauty Advisor! I start training in 2 weeks and I am so excited!!

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty straight forward... Why do you want to work for Ulta? What Prestige lines are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The interview process was short, we went over my background. The Gm asked my career goals, what she was looking for in an employee, what the job involved. She asked if i had questions for her, so make sure you come prepared. Also research the company, look into the values of the company. This will help shape your answers to the questions to go along with company values