Ulta Beauty Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Ulta Beauty

1.9

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Most employees do a in person interview, but since I was away at school looking for a summer position, they were able to do a phone interview. It was the general manager and another manager on the line.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to work at Ulta, my retail experience, how I would handle a specific situation (lots of these)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

It was quick and simple. Sometimes with more than one person in the room. Just be friendly, show how you relate well with others. Be confident. Be yourself. They are looking for pleasurable people.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I walked into the store and just asked were they hiring. Manager told me to come in 2 days later for interview. Easiest Interview if you look the part. However manager quit before I officially started which was weird.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

You receive a phone call and schedule an interview within days. And they ask basic questions like what do you do? The interview was not that long it lasted 10 minutes maximum

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I applied late October and was contacted a week later for an interview. It was one on one with the general manager. The interview was very informal I was very nervous but there was nothing to be nervous for. Just relax be yourself and be ready to talk about anything beauty and understand ulta isn’t just makeup

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Mobile, AL) in November 2019.

Interview

It was easy. Interviewer was really nice and asked easy questions. It was also more of a conversation than necessarily an interview but the type of interview varies between different managers. When I first applied and interviewed, I didn’t get the job and the interview was a lot harder the first time.

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Tuscaloosa, AL) in November 2019.

Interview

Interviewers were late, group interview where we took turns answering the same questions. After the interview, I received a call asking when I could start. The training process was erratic and I did not feel well equipped to start working during the holiday rush.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Troy, MI).

Interview

The interview process was very easy I got a phone call and then interviewed the next day, the interview was very easy. Probably took 20 minutes max then she showed me around the store. Really good vibes.

Interview Questions

• If there is an altercation on the floor how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Diego, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. Interview process was super easy.It was 1 on 1, not a group interview. Lasted 10 min, and got an offer on the spot. Fast process overall.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you had to work with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when a customer was upset and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Ulta?   Answer Question
    • How have you worked with a team to complete a task?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to work in a hectic environment and how did you ensure everything flowed smoothly?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I applied online then they called me . I had a group interview in a local restaurant with about 5 other people. It was a casual setting with 2 people interviewing and everyone in the room getting to answer.