Ulta Beauty Beauty Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Beauty Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

My interview was quick and brief. She didn't have many questions for me, and neither did I. She mainly asked for my availability and I started within the next few days.

Interview Questions

• What made you chose Ulta beauty?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was brief and to the point. It was quite intimate and the interviewer made me feel like a friend. They were very welcoming and friendly and made me feel comfortable enough to answer all question with complete honesty.

Interview Questions

• How would i handle a certain situation and what would i recommend   1 Answer

Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I applied as a beauty consultant as I'm a freelance MUA but have minimal "formal" training and wasn't expecting to be thrown on a counter anywhere right off the bat. The Assistant manager called me back pretty quickly and I was in for an interview the next day. She was very easy to talk to, as were the rest of the staff, and offered me a position on the spot. Having a lot of retail experience already and also a decent amount as a makeup artist, I was asking two dollars above the starting pat rate, which she was totally willing to compromise on which was great. I can't say much about the position yet, but the interview process was very casual and comfortable, I ended up accepting this position over one at the Sephora color bar based on the fact that the environment was much more comfortable and less high pressure/pushy about sales, which I appreciate when it's an un commissioned position.

Interview Questions

• Why Ulta? Tell me about yourself/ your interest in beauty? What's your availability like/ what kind of hours are you seeking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you want more pay or more specific scheduling just ask. If you're straight forward about your requests they are much more accommodating and willing to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Greensboro, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Got a call about a month later to come in for an interview. Interview was held in these teeny back office with the asst. manager and manager. asked the usual questions. was told I'd be working the floor/register but it seemed all they wanted people for was to unload shipments. The manager made it very clear that her job was to not work the register, like she seemed above it or something. I was not offered a job, but if I was I would've declined.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied for management position, interviewed for beauty consultant aka "cashier." Had one in-person interview with the store's GM (new store, had not opened yet). Received a call within a few days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions, they are making sure that you are capable of customer service and have an interest in what they sell-cosmetics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I applied for a management position, I asked for $12/hr on the application, but offer was for $8/hr as the cashier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Des Moines, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Longer than expected- do not apply if not for long term. I was looking for a summer job but they turned me away because they were already hiring for the winter season.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite beauty brand?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Altoona, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

after putting my app in I recieved a phone call about a month later for an interview. It was a very relaxed group interview. The two managers were very upbeat and friendly and offered several posistions. I got a call back two days later for a better postion than i orginally applied for.

Interview Questions

• they were pretty general questions, they didnt really ask much it was more just explain the posistions   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was excited to accept

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Charlotte, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Hey! Just wanted to share my experience with the interview and hiring process.
    I applied on Sept. 28th. I was called the 29th to set up an interview for the 1st of October.
    I met with the General Manager and she was hilarious and SOO nice! The interview lasted about 15 minutes all together. Super quick. She basically told me what the job entailed and the dress code, etc. She told me it was black bottom and white/black top AND, get this, you have to wear lipstick. Hello? hahaha. That just seemed odd to me, but I am okay with that! :D Anyway, I got a call on the 2nd (today), and she offered me the position and I accepted. Going to fill out paperwork on the 3rd. It all happened so quick, I was so shocked yet excited and relieved at the same time!

Interview Questions

• What other retail stores have you worked at?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a customer just completely flip out on you? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a memorable experience (in a good way) in a retail store with YOU as the customer?   Answer Question
    • Give me 3 key characteristics someone has to have in order to work in retail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairless Hills, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Fairless Hills, PA) in December 2009.

Interview

I was very nervous at first because the Store Manager had me do someones make-up. I guess it made sence since I was applying for a job that would require me to know how to do make up. She gave me a few pointers and let me do my thing. I must have done pretty well because I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What was you best sales experience at a store and what store was it   1 Answer
    • Why would you be a great sales associate   1 Answer
    • Do you have plans on a vacation in the month of December because its our bussiest time of year   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt really try .