Ulta Beauty Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

1.8

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hixson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Hixson, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position a week before I got the call to come to an interview on Saturday. It was a group interview. I would suggest to wear all black, and be informed about what kind of makeup you are putting on your face, because they will ask, as well as ask about hair and skin products. The group interview was with four different girls and the general manager. She asked general behavioral questions as well as where you see yourself with the company. I was offered a position with the company and have orientation the next day!

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite skin, makeup and hair products?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview and there were 3 other girls. The manager/interviewer just asked a few questions and left it open for you to ask questions at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

You apply online and then if you are lucky they call you, at the store I was applying to, they only offered 2 hours because they were renovating. The manager was really nice and they treat you well, It is better when you apply in february or march because they lack personal.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was an interview with another person at a local Starbucks, asked general questions like "tell me a time you experienced a rude customer" only issue I had was the other girl tried to over power me, I felt like I couldn't talk.

Interview Questions

• How did you Handel a rude customer, what did you do to fix it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Columbus, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very casual, but informative. Great questions from the interviewer, and also great feedback. The manager made me feel very comfortable, yet kept me on my toes with well prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be able to convey the Ulta standard to every customer and bring good energy to the work environment? (Something along those lines).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

took about a week and was a group interview, very easy, everyone got the job. interview took about an hour and was offered the job the same day and started the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

It was not a usual interview, they are mostly trying to get to know you. They try to ask what you know about make up, customer service. Keep in mind it's not all fun and games, there's always cleaning and organizing to get done.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an angry coworker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Holmdel, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

On site interview, at which time I went in to see the manager. It was a one on one interview, but low pressure, I felt very comfortable in a relaxing environment. I was asked about myself, my job history, why I wanted to work there, if I minded working weekends, and if I was flexible with my schedule. No stupid questions, like other employers ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the interview and the hiring manger acutally told me to keep my current job as I would not get more than 15 hours at max. I went through the interview and waited for a couple of days when I was called and offered the job but I declined the offer

Interview Questions

• if you had to deal with a rude customer , how would you handle them   1 Answer

I needed more hours then what I was getting at both jobs and I wasn't offered any different pay with having years of experience in what I applied for

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Process was quick after submitting my application, the manager asked standard interview questions for a retail position. She gave me the over view of the job such as the dress code which was solid black bottoms and a black or white top.