Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.3

159 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

After a job fair, I interviewed with some Ulta representatives for 30 minutes. I was invited to their distribution center for second round interviews where I interviewed six people total. They split into teams of two people and each interview was roughly 30-45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt unsatisfied with the outcome. What happened and could you have done anything to change it?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant. They interviewers were in their orange Ulta polos and I interviewed with two people. We sat down, talked informally for a while as they asked me about who I am and my background. Then after that chat we went into the formal part where they asked me the formal interview questions. At the conclusion, they gave me some feedback and then I was dismissed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you led a team to complete a task and what were the outcomes?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Poughkeepsie, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online when a friend of mine (who works there) told me they were actively looking to hire new people for the holiday season. I got a call 2 days after submitting my application and set up a phone interview for the next day because I am away at school right now. I came for a more formal interview when I was home for Thanksgiving break, it was very comfortable and laid-back. The manager was very friendly and made it seem like he was giving me the job. He said he'd call me the next Monday or Tuesday depending on his schedule but I did not receive any call. I called him after not hearing anything and he said they were fully staffed for the season. I was disappointed and confused because he said they needed people for the season and he continued to say he would call me when some people leave. I have decided to walk away from trying to get this job because there's been too much beating around the bush and a complete waste of my time.

Guest Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

I met with two managers. They were very nice and the interview was relatively easy. I found out after getting there that they only wanted someone about 12 hours a week and they didn't even know what the schedule would be, but I would need to be available every weekend. I felt they should have known more of what they were looking for and the days. I wanted more hours and wasn't going to be willing to leave every weekend open for only 12 hours a week when I was giving full availability for every weekday. It just wasn't what I was looking for and wish I had known ahead of time the limited hours they wanted so I hadn't wasted either of our time.

Lancôme Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wenatchee, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Wenatchee, WA).

Interview

I applied at Ulta and it took a few weeks for them to give me a call. When I finally had my interview set up, it lasted roughly 13 minutes and immediately wanted to hire me on. They wanted me for a Lancôme counter position and then was scheduled a Facetime interview. I was extremely nervous and interview did not go so well. All the question were all based on asking products and they pretty much want a salesperson which is not my area of expertise. Same day Ulta called me to offer me another position which I preferred and was more excited about.

Interview Questions

• What verbiage would you use to close a sale?   1 Answer
    • How do you recommend products to a client?   Answer Question

PMO Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2017.

Interview

There was a 1/2 day interview scheduled and the recruiter sent email when I was traveling the night before to alert me of changes in times via email giving me no time to adjust my schedule. This lead to an incomplete interview and we both missed an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave current employer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

Manager took me into a room the size of a closet where 2 other people were doing training and made me sit on a fold out chair in the doorway. Told me pay was only $8 per hour!! Told her I had wasted my time coming to interview. No thanks.

Prestige Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The interview process was about 4 weeks. I had three interviews. I originally applied to work as a beauty advisor part time to work while I was looking for a full time position. During my interview they decided to begin interviewing my for higher up positions, I was very excited about the process until I realized how poorly the management is for the company. After three interviews for two positions I never heard back. I called to follow up and my calls were ignored. The most unprofessional environment I have ever walked in... associates are rude, don't care about customers, and dress unprofessionally. Management is a disaster.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I received a callback fairly quickly and scheduled a hone interview. Did a phone interview for a store opening in a particular area. The questions were pretty standard for retail managers. "Name a time where you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it? How do you stay on top of meeting sales goals? What's the most people you have managed at one time? Have you ever managed a high volume store with over a million in sales yearly?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ulta?   1 Answer

Beauty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Roseville, MN).

Interview

Terrible! They invited me for an interview which didn't work for me. I called back trying to reschedule it but the lady was rude (should have been a warning). I didn't get a good feeling about it at all. My love for makeup and Ulta, made me try even though they were rude (bad idea). My sisters even said don't go for the job. After much trouble, I finally put time out of my day to go interview. I thought it went well. My makeup was flawless and I was dressed professionally unlike the other interviewee. The interview was on the floor which is fine. However, I felt uncomfortable going around asking customers if they need any help. As I was just in regular apparel and carrying my bag. I was pretty nervous because I really wanted the job. The lady said she would call me by the weekend to see if I made it to the next step of the interview. Like there's a next step? It's only a part-time job 10-15 hours. So the weekend passed by and nothing. But I waited patiently. After half/a week I called and the RUDE lady said, "I said I'll call if I'm INTERESTED." That was it. She has done so previously when I called about rescheduling the interview. Rude and short, showing me exactly how they'll treat their future employees. She clearly told me that she would call me and let me know if I made it to the next step. Never have I ever felt so disrespected. Terrible management. Even though I love Ulta, I'm never going to the Rosevile Ulta ever again. Disrespectful interviewer. I would recomend other Ulta's but not this one.