Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.3

Stylist Interview

Interview

Interview with Manager.She wasn't prepared and barely made eye contact. She was supposed to read of a preset list of question but failed to do so.She rambled over most of the questions.

Prestige Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashwaubenon, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Ashwaubenon, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview is a two-part process. Thus far, it is a positive experience and I couldn't have asked for a nicer person to be interviewing me. The questions for the first round were very general, asking about customer service experience and such. Hopefully, the second round will be just as fun as the first and a job offer will be given.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process initially started with a phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the following recruiter. After the two phone interviews, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was at their corporate office where I met with 3 different people in various roles for a 30-minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your resume/experience.
      Why do you want to work for Ulta Beauty?
      What kind of campaigns did you work on?
      What influencers do you follow?
      Have you worked with influencers before?
      What social media ideas do you have?
      Answer Question

Guest Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2017.

Interview

Came in and one of the managers took me to the back office. She told me to tell her a little about myself. Then she asked me to give her an example of I time I had to use teamwork to finish a project at work. After that the interview was over. She seemed pretty uninterested in what I was saying and the minute the interview started I could tell she wasn't going to hire me. It was a complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I am currently in the process. I have had one interview so far and have another one scheduled. I was surprised to learn that I will have to go through three interviews as well pass an online personality assessment (talent plus) before being hired. I am interviewing for a 15 hour a week position. The first interview didn't seem particularly hardy but I assume they will get more difficult as they go on. Seems quite excessive for such a part time
    Job selling cosmetics.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a client.... describe a time you went above and beyond for a coworker.   Answer Question

Associate Manager of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online then received a phone call about a week later asking me brief questions and scheduled an interview with the store manager. She asked me what seemed to be 20 pages of 'what if' and 'name a time where' questions. The interview took literally 2 hours at a Starbucks. It was casual and she was super nice.
    She told me she would call me if she wanted me to meet with the district manager.
    I got a phone call that night and had an interview the next morning. Walked in and waited 30 min for the district manager to come out. She was nice, this interview consisted of literally the same questions but not as many. The interview lasted about 15 minutes.

She then stated that it would take a week to make decision because they had other interviews and I would hear by the following Friday if I got the job, and if I didn't hear from them that would mean they went in another direction.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work as a team, how did you motivate your team?   Answer Question
    • How many people have your supervised over?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with the district manager who told me she would love to have me do an in person interview. Went to that one and she acted like she was more interested in what the arriving employees were doing that in what i was saying.
     Told her i was willing to do any job, work any hours, take any pay. She thanked me and gave me the typical call you in a week response.
     A week later i called to check up and got blown off. Called 2 days later and was blown off by 2 managers. Physically went in next day and talked to hiring manager who actually started training me saying how hed love to have me working there then guess what? Yep, blew me off. Total job tease.

Tell them you want to make the company tons of money and theyll probably hire you, tell them you want to make customers happy and you might as well shake their hand and leave.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in December 2016.

Interview

Hour phone interview. Very conversational. The recruiter was very nice and asked me about my knowledge of and experience shopping at Ulta. We talked about some of the upcoming holiday promotions. She really set me at ease and it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my current position and responsibilities   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online then got a call a week later for a group interview. It was me and 8 other girls interviewing, which I thought was way too large of a group. They only asked us one question each and they were all different questions. They rushed everyone to answer and cut you off while speaking which is very unprofessional in my opinion. 2 days later got called back for a one on one interview. Very snobby manager who mostly talked about herself and how much money she makes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you can win together as a team?
      What's the latest product you've tried from Ulta?
      What do you like to do for fun?
      Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back for an interview. I went in for the interview, which wasn't very hard. She asked about my retail background and former job experiences. Also she asked me what brand of makeup I would describe myself as and why.