Ulta Beauty Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Quick and easy. Asked why I wanted to the job and why this company. What experience I had with cosmetics and how I feel working with customers.

Received a call two days letting me know i got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I applied online and they called me to set up an interview date. When I arrived, the manager complimented me on my outfit--make sure you are well-dressed and groomed, it's obviously important for this industry. The questions were simple; just make sure to be positive and friendly. They called me a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What make-up are you wearing?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Wear all black or black and white that's the dress code. You just have to be a nice person and a people person. Interview is basic questions. When was a time you went above and beyond to help someone.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online,
    Took a test
    Submitted resume
    Got a call 2 weeks later for a interview

It was a group interview
    Easy, only asked two questions to all of us
    Everyone got hired

Anonymous Employee in Madison, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Madison, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Some people came in late and some looked like they just walked off the street. Very unprofessional. People conducting interview looked awful. You work in a beauty store. Wear makeup and fix your hair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Alameda, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Mostly situational questions and how you would react in the situations. Asked for a brief overview of previous work experience. Very short interview and not many specific questions about actual ability or previous work experience. My interviewer, who was the store manager didn't seem to be very bright and said a few things that made me feel as though se was not a stong manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a customer get angry with you and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Group Interview, asked about previous job experience if any and personal attributes. Are you a customer at Ulta, why do you like ulta, what can you contribute to the company and how much do you know about the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ulta   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Dublin, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward and easy group interview. Me and two other girls were taken to the back room and two managers asked us a few questions. Took them a while to get back to us because of the background check, and I had already accepted another job by the time they offered me the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I had applied online, got a call 2 days later, and an interview the next day. During the interview, I wore all black (because it is their uniform) and "normal" makeup. I spoke with the manager and she was very friendly. We spoke for about 10 minutes and asked mainly about my personal life (school, etc). After we finished, she called her GM and I spoke to her for a bit too. She was really nice and after we spoke, she told me that she will call me for an answer. The next day I received the call to come in for paperwork :)

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Boise, ID).

Interview

I applied online and a few days later was called in for an interview. When I arrived at the store, I was told you browse through the store until the manager was ready. The interview was a group interview. It was very laid back and conversational. I dressed professionally in a blazer and slacks and all the other girls dressed casual. The two interviewers went around and asked us each the same questions, then we were able to discuss them. I was the only one who got a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered $9/hr and didn't negotiate, but I believe I would have been able to.