Ulta Beauty Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Stylist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.2

Stylist Interview

Interview

Interview with Manager.She wasn't prepared and barely made eye contact. She was supposed to read of a preset list of question but failed to do so.She rambled over most of the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

I cut my friends hair for the Manager and Assistant Manager to watch. Then the manager took me to the back office and conducted to the interview. It was short; she looked at my portfolio, asked me some questions, and ended up offering me the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

It was short and sweet. Going back again today for a more formal interview with the DM. If this goes well today they will ask me to come back for a follow up interview next Friday. They want me to preform a cut, base color and highlight on a model of my choosing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dress nice and I expressed how much I love their education factor.

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Summerville, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

spoke with manager for about 30 minutes about myself and my goals then they called me back for a technical where they watch you color,highlight cut and style a guests hair. They allow you to use their color (Redken) for the technical or to bring in your own color. They watch everything from the consultation to the blow out but you forget they are they because they aren't right on top of you. They also have you do a short quiz on your knowledge of haircolor.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the industry? Why Ulta? Telll us about a time you had a difficult client and what did you do to solve the issue?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2016.

Interview

I have not had an actual sit down interview but I've had a technical. I brought in a model and had to do a color, cut, and style. Everything went smoothly and I've been asked to come back for another interview. The only thing I struggled with was time. I'd never used Redken color and I had to look up mixing ratios and processing times as I went along.

Interview Questions

• Show me how you would do a consultation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

you interview with the salon manger and after that if you do good you interview with the gm of the store if they talk and agree to let you do a practical that will be your next step from there you have to do a highlight with cut and blow out. after this step you will be told if you have the position after the manger of the salon inspects your work.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at ulta   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Tucson, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy and short, was asked to bring a portfolio. The interview took 10 minutes and was very simple. No real questions were asked. Was told I need to do a technical interview. Basically hired based on resume and pending skills interview. Need to find model to show hair cut, full color and highlights. Then do a written test.

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

They have you apply online, and they call you within a few days to come in for an interview, after your initial interview they have you come in again and do a technical interview. They provide your model for the technical and you have to color, cut, and style her. And they call you in a couple days to let you know if you've gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your available schedule, questions about your previous work experience, and why you chose to apply at ulta.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Short Pump, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Short Pump, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the General Manager and was offered the job right after the interview pending a technical interview where I would bring a model. I accepted (only because I needed a job) and then left for another interview at a different salon. Thankfully I got that job as well and accepted. I did not want to work for Ulta because the general manager was rude and made me feel stupid during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How long have you done hair?
      What color lines have you used?
      What I am most comfortable doing?
      Answer Question

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Was a great process for me. Talked about my skills, where I've worked in the past, and what I expected out of the company. The interviewer made it very relaxing and smooth the entire time. It was very personable, we did get a few laughs in and discuss what we love doing for a living. I throughly enjoy my interview.