Ulta Beauty Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.1

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The interview was just me and the salon manager. Super fast and easy questions. Mostly regarding where yiu went to school. Ensuring that you have a valid cosmo license. Experience, training and what you feel comfortable doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Long Beach, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I will preface this description with the fact that I have 17 years of solid experience performing cosmetology services to all genders and ethnicites. I sat and talked to the store manager about the position and the store needs. I let her know that I was available during the busiest times of the day, which were evenings and full availability on weekends. She told me she needed someone who could do ethnic hair. She also said she needed someone who would be tenacious enough to build a clientele. However, I believe she wasn’t truly interested in someone that could do ethnic hair. Ultimately, she told me she could not give me what I needed. Interesting though, all I really needed was a place to work and a platform to build a clientele. So I believe her excuse was a bunch of bull. I felt disrespected when she wouldn’t even call me back to follow up on the interview. I had to call her to get closure. Also, she said that she decided she was not going to hire right now. But her ads are still running on Internet job sites. I expected better from Ulta Beauty.

Interview Questions

• She wanted to know if I was strong on color correction.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was cool. We clicked over the phone, then I had a working interview (which included a short written test) with a live model. I was supposed to provide my own, but she bailed on me last minute as people often do, so the hiring manager found a friend to come in and sit for me. It was super chill and the manager was really kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work for Ulta Salon.   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Kissimmee, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple. Normal questions . Pretty easy. Must do a technical color and highlight with cut and blowdry and a verbal interview. I got bored on the spot but every location might be different . They also asked to view a portfolio of work

Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Asheboro, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and casual. They were very friendly. I was super nervous going in because I've worked for myself for 11 years. They were wonderful and really put me at easy quickly!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Ontario, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

They call you and set up an interview. Then if they like you they set up a technical interview. Look presentable and be confident in your ability to perform the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ulta?   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Interview

Interview with Manager.She wasn't prepared and barely made eye contact. She was supposed to read of a preset list of question but failed to do so.She rambled over most of the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Dunwoody, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick and to the point but not too informative, the skills assessment was fairly easy when I expected it to be more severe but it took awhile to get all of the initial paperwork done due to the salon manager going on travel for 2 weeks

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was simple, I had a first interveiw . I wasn't that impressed with their hiring style. Even though i was experienced everyone starts at the same level and you have to build yourself up, which Im totally fine with and expected but the way that Ulta presents their way of doing things isnt appealing to me.

Interview Questions

• Would i feel comfortable talking to potential hair guests in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

I cut my friends hair for the Manager and Assistant Manager to watch. Then the manager took me to the back office and conducted to the interview. It was short; she looked at my portfolio, asked me some questions, and ended up offering me the job on the spot.