Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,023 Interview Reviews

2.1

Salon Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

The phone interview was with the Regional Hiring manager - It was an hour long process. The interview went really smooth and went really well. It felt like more of a casual conversation and i appreciated that. I am now onto the second portion of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• One of your employees gives your pushback about a company change how would you react?   Answer Question

Lancôme Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wenatchee, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Wenatchee, WA).

Interview

I applied at Ulta and it took a few weeks for them to give me a call. When I finally had my interview set up, it lasted roughly 13 minutes and immediately wanted to hire me on. They wanted me for a Lancôme counter position and then was scheduled a Facetime interview. I was extremely nervous and interview did not go so well. All the question were all based on asking products and they pretty much want a salesperson which is not my area of expertise. Same day Ulta called me to offer me another position which I preferred and was more excited about.

Interview Questions

• What verbiage would you use to close a sale?   1 Answer
    • How do you recommend products to a client?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for Ops Manager opening of a new store. Was interviewed by 2 store managers. They were very nice. Wanted me to set up new store that was opening in 3 weeks. Salary was very, very low.

PMO Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2017.

Interview

There was a 1/2 day interview scheduled and the recruiter sent email when I was traveling the night before to alert me of changes in times via email giving me no time to adjust my schedule. This lead to an incomplete interview and we both missed an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave current employer?   1 Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Long Beach, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I will preface this description with the fact that I have 17 years of solid experience performing cosmetology services to all genders and ethnicites. I sat and talked to the store manager about the position and the store needs. I let her know that I was available during the busiest times of the day, which were evenings and full availability on weekends. She told me she needed someone who could do ethnic hair. She also said she needed someone who would be tenacious enough to build a clientele. However, I believe she wasn’t truly interested in someone that could do ethnic hair. Ultimately, she told me she could not give me what I needed. Interesting though, all I really needed was a place to work and a platform to build a clientele. So I believe her excuse was a bunch of bull. I felt disrespected when she wouldn’t even call me back to follow up on the interview. I had to call her to get closure. Also, she said that she decided she was not going to hire right now. But her ads are still running on Internet job sites. I expected better from Ulta Beauty.

Interview Questions

• She wanted to know if I was strong on color correction.   1 Answer

Benefit Arch Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Hinesville, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

First was a Phone interview with a benefit rep followed by an in person interview with The Ulta GM. The current full time arch expert came into my interview and asked me a few questions and clicking with her really helped me get hired. They offered $12/hour and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a slow day when you have no clients booked?   Answer Question
    • What do you love about having your cosmetology license?   Answer Question

Prestige Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. They asked basic questions that you can find by googling or watching videos and i got hired on the spot. My store was brand new so it might have been easier. Know how to sell and highlight any sales experience and makeup experience.

Benefit Arch Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porterville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Porterville, CA).

Interview

The interview process took about one week. A medium length interview followed by a pratical interview where you wax a person and demonstrate the products.Then one more interview by a benefit personnel.

Prestige Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Falls, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Great Falls, MT).

Interview

I applied online for a store that hadn't opened yet. After two weeks, received a call from the District Manager and was asked if I could interview that day. Set up appointment for two hours later. Was supposed to interview with the district manager and the general manager of another store. After interviewing with the DM, she told me that it wasn't necessary that I interview with the general manager. That was on Wednesday. On the following Monday I was informally offered the position and received my offer letter on Tuesday. The interview was conversation style in a hotel lobby. Very pleasant, very informative.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

Manager took me into a room the size of a closet where 2 other people were doing training and made me sit on a fold out chair in the doorway. Told me pay was only $8 per hour!! Told her I had wasted my time coming to interview. No thanks.