Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.1

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview, but first applied online with a long question and answer rating type of test about work related situations. Be aware that not until the group interview that they told the job applicants the hours were going to be Under 20 or Much less. No where in the job explanation online did it explain they were hiring for more of on call work positions with very limited hours.

Interview Questions

• How handled a highly stressful customer service or related experience and how the result and various customer service related situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Lake Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Two one-on-one interviews. I was asked basic open end interview questioned, all of which regarding my personality and retail skills. I was not asked about the specifics of our products.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What about this job do you prefer to the job you are leaving to join our team?   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process initially started with a phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the following recruiter. After the two phone interviews, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was at their corporate office where I met with 3 different people in various roles for a 30-minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your resume/experience.
      Why do you want to work for Ulta Beauty?
      What kind of campaigns did you work on?
      What influencers do you follow?
      Have you worked with influencers before?
      What social media ideas do you have?
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncy, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Muncy, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Slow. I received a phone call, interviewed and have not heard back since. I now notice they have the managers position open. You send your resume and cover letter to corporate so why doesn't corporate respond with some type of email correspondence?

Interview Questions

• Ridiculous questions. I'm not surprised the management position is now open!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Comstock Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Comstock Park, MI).

Interview

I was contacted and pulled into an interview with another girl and she then said
    "We have one position in the job you want and one in another, who's gonna get what?"
    Absolutely hated it, the girl and I felt very uncomfortable and turns out she hired us both!

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Roseville, CA).

Interview

I had to do 3 interviews and talent plus before i was hired. The questions were easy, mostly about what should be done in certain situations with customers. Talent plus seems to be hard for a lot of applicants but it is just an online personality test. I found it fairly easy

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was to come in to be verbally interviewed, they asked me what my availability was what my experience was what my long-term goals were did I have sales experience and did I have reliable means of transportation. And when would I be able to come in for a practical.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any objections to stepping in to duties that were not under my title of an esthetician?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The interview process wasn't bad at all. I got a call from the manager to set up an interview. 2 Days later she called me offering the position! Overall, it was a normal interview. My interviewer, was very friendly and made everything for me easier especially I get a little nervous for interviews.

Beatuy Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Easy process. I was called a few weeks after submitting an application online to interview. I met with two managers and was then invited back for a group interview where they chose the best candidates to receive job offers. I had not worked a beauty job before, but am into beauty and had prior retail experience.

Guest Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2017.

Interview

Came in and one of the managers took me to the back office. She told me to tell her a little about myself. Then she asked me to give her an example of I time I had to use teamwork to finish a project at work. After that the interview was over. She seemed pretty uninterested in what I was saying and the minute the interview started I could tell she wasn't going to hire me. It was a complete waste of time.