Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.1

Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Bolingbrook, IL).

Interview

Very rigid, same as the questions at target. Phone screen was basic, one on one was to tell you about job, panel interview was 3 multiple panels. Each member varied in postion and title. You could tell who was higher in rank as they led the questioning and were the ones who would go off script.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have a happy employee or productive employee.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Very relaxed and conversational. The questions were basically geared toward learning your management style and seeing a relationship between you and ULTA. Be ready to describe situations and how you handled them.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to be a GM?
      -Description questions
      -Why ULTA?
      -How would you impact the store?
      -What are your future goals?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group one , and was very easy and fast . one girl did not show up , in total it was 3 of us . we were all put in a room and she asked about 5 questions . She also explained what the position entailed. Wear all black , because the girls I interviewed with did not dress professionally more like casual . I received an offer the same day of the interview and she stated that the way I dressed was another factor that showed I was prepared . She told us before leaving the interview to give her 5 days for a call back I recieved a call a couple hours after I left the interview !

Seasonal Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Manassas, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was good. I went in, wearing a black dress and heels. I was in a group interview with 3 other ladies. We stood around and talked and asked some questions for about 30 minutes and then the general manager thanked us for coming and would let us know if we got the job in a few days. The next day, when I was on my way home, I recived a call and was offered a job which I accepted right away.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brands and how would you sell them to customers?   1 Answer

Beauty Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I went in to get my hair done, while I was getting my highlights the GM approached the lady doing my hair & I & they began asking if I was interested in a job. I just moved back home so why nottttt, a little extra money can't hurt so I gave it a shot ! She told me to be there the next day at 3 & when I got there it was a group interview. Very fun & enjoyable. The two managers are very sweet :) they asked each of us our name, our favorite makeup brand, & then separated our group in half & had us make a "commercial" or skit on Ulta. We acted them out & then they told us that we would receive a call within the next couple days.. I got a text from my manager the next hour & said I was hired & she can't wait to work with me :)

Interview Questions

• Favorite makeup   1 Answer
    • How did you deal with a bad work experience?   1 Answer

Ulta Prestige Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Issaquah, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick, comfortable. One on one with the hiring manager in his office. A bag check after was required since I took my purse into the back room. Very easy for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ulta?   1 Answer

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Downers Grove, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews, with the general manager and the dermologica area manager. Still waiting on my second interview. This was after applying online and taking some psychological test. I called a few times until I was able to land my first interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience? Part time or full time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Northridge, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a phone call for an interview couple days later. Once I walked into ULTA i asked an employee I had an interview and so they took me to the back and had an Interview with two mangers (GM and main manager) the whole processes was so easy and short. Once the interview was over they told me they'll call me Monday. I got a phone call, got the job and started working couple days later.

Anonymous Employee in Enid, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Enid, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy "get to know" questions basically and why I wanted to join. She was quick and settle since they were setting up the store, she explained to me my position if I agreed to get hired on.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for Ulta?   1 Answer
    • How long have you been in retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online then got a call a week later for a group interview. It was me and 8 other girls interviewing, which I thought was way too large of a group. They only asked us one question each and they were all different questions. They rushed everyone to answer and cut you off while speaking which is very unprofessional in my opinion. 2 days later got called back for a one on one interview. Very snobby manager who mostly talked about herself and how much money she makes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you can win together as a team?
      What's the latest product you've tried from Ulta?
      What do you like to do for fun?
      Answer Question