Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncy, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Muncy, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Slow. I received a phone call, interviewed and have not heard back since. I now notice they have the managers position open. You send your resume and cover letter to corporate so why doesn't corporate respond with some type of email correspondence?

Interview Questions

• Ridiculous questions. I'm not surprised the management position is now open!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (West Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview(probably because it was a new store opening). Very standard interview questions nothing too difficult. Basically, promise to show up on time and not skip shifts. Be warned, they might promise you full time, lots of hours, chances to move up etc. don't be fooled! It's a good job if you want to work 4hrs a week.

Prestige Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a very short interview with an associate manager and at the end they offered me the job. I had talked to the general manager in person who offered me an interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite brand of makeup?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Ulta?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Comstock Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Comstock Park, MI).

Interview

I was contacted and pulled into an interview with another girl and she then said
    "We have one position in the job you want and one in another, who's gonna get what?"
    Absolutely hated it, the girl and I felt very uncomfortable and turns out she hired us both!

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Roseville, CA).

Interview

I had to do 3 interviews and talent plus before i was hired. The questions were easy, mostly about what should be done in certain situations with customers. Talent plus seems to be hard for a lot of applicants but it is just an online personality test. I found it fairly easy

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The interview process wasn't bad at all. I got a call from the manager to set up an interview. 2 Days later she called me offering the position! Overall, it was a normal interview. My interviewer, was very friendly and made everything for me easier especially I get a little nervous for interviews.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was to come in to be verbally interviewed, they asked me what my availability was what my experience was what my long-term goals were did I have sales experience and did I have reliable means of transportation. And when would I be able to come in for a practical.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any objections to stepping in to duties that were not under my title of an esthetician?   1 Answer

Beatuy Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Easy process. I was called a few weeks after submitting an application online to interview. I met with two managers and was then invited back for a group interview where they chose the best candidates to receive job offers. I had not worked a beauty job before, but am into beauty and had prior retail experience.

Guest Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2017.

Interview

Came in and one of the managers took me to the back office. She told me to tell her a little about myself. Then she asked me to give her an example of I time I had to use teamwork to finish a project at work. After that the interview was over. She seemed pretty uninterested in what I was saying and the minute the interview started I could tell she wasn't going to hire me. It was a complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I am currently in the process. I have had one interview so far and have another one scheduled. I was surprised to learn that I will have to go through three interviews as well pass an online personality assessment (talent plus) before being hired. I am interviewing for a 15 hour a week position. The first interview didn't seem particularly hardy but I assume they will get more difficult as they go on. Seems quite excessive for such a part time
    Job selling cosmetics.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a client.... describe a time you went above and beyond for a coworker.   Answer Question