Ulta Beauty Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Ulta Beauty

1.8

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Interview process is fairly simple. It consists of a multi step process - meeting with different managers. The questions aren’t too detailed. There isn’t much more to discuss regarding the interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for Ops Manager opening of a new store. Was interviewed by 2 store managers. They were very nice. Wanted me to set up new store that was opening in 3 weeks. Salary was very, very low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant. They interviewers were in their orange Ulta polos and I interviewed with two people. We sat down, talked informally for a while as they asked me about who I am and my background. Then after that chat we went into the formal part where they asked me the formal interview questions. At the conclusion, they gave me some feedback and then I was dismissed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you led a team to complete a task and what were the outcomes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Two step interview process, although when interviewed the GM said usually it is a three step process and you meet with the DM. Asked retail oriented questions.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Naperville, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was slow and painful (although their recruiting staff are excellent to work with!). I had to repeatedly call them and ask for status and progress. I studied the business model and operational processes prior to the interview. When I offered technology solutions to their current operational challenges (that I've worked with clients to deploy) there was silence in the interview. Ultimately they chose to go with another candidate to backfill & KTLO.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the role and the company?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2011.

Interview

I wasn't impressed by the interview at all. However, in a tough economy I took because I have a family to support. My GM was over forty-five minutes late for my interview. She barely paid attention to anything I said. She kept looking around and then every once in awhile she would just nod her head and make a general statement about my responses. The DM was also there and she never introduced herself me to. I was appalled at the lack of professionalism. There was another GM at the store that day that engaged with me more than my present GM did. If anyone is looking to interview with this company I would be asking the interviewer a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, there were no difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. At the time, I thought they gave me a decent offer. Now looking back their offer wasn't worth taking this job.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager, she asked your basic questions; WHY ULTA? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU.
      She set me up to interview with DM the following week, I arrived 10 mintutes early and had to wait 20 mintues to interview.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2012.

Interview

After filling out an application and submitting a resume online, a recruiter called for a position open in my area, did phone interview, said my resume would be moved forward, then called to say all positions at that locations had been filled, but 2 other locations were going to opening in the near future so I was invited to a one on one interview with a district manager at a store location which went very well. She was very personable, the interview was about an hour long and we seemed to hit it off with each other. I was called one week later and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. I did my research ahead of time about the company and was prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The interviewer asked what salary I was looking for and I knew that the recruiter had told me that the position I was looking at was in the range of $12 to $15 an hour. So when asked, I said the distance from my home was further than I thought it would be so I asked for $14 and when the acceptance letter came they offered me $14.50

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed, was told I had to interview with the DM.
    I had worked with her before so that was not a big deal.
    I had wanted to be promoted and was not offered the opportunity.
    They keep choosing outsiders who do not know Ulta.
    No wonder they keep getting rid of them.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

It was easy. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation