Ulta Beauty Prestige Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Prestige Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Myrtle Beach, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a very smooth process. The interviewer was very kind and easy to talk with . I was nervous but felt very sure after the interview. I was offered a job that day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Prestige Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about 4 days later I got a call for an interview for a few days later.
    My interview went well. It was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about your experience working in customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ulta?
      How would you go about helping an unhappy customer?
      What experience do you have with customer service?
      What is your background in makeup?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied and they called me back about a week later. I went in for the interview and she actually hired me right on the spot. I filled out all my paper work. It was a very laid back interview. (Everyone's interview process will be different)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I went in there not expecting much pay.

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Henderson, NV).

Interview

I had previously worked for Ulta, years prior as a key holder. I maintained a positive relationship when I left. So the interview was pretty easy for me. I was just asked to come in and speak to management for a brief interview. We spoke and I was offered the position at the time.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your experiencesite after Ulta would benefit you and make you an ideal candidate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called 2 weeks after sending in my application, Did 2 interviews with manager and regional manager different days. After the interviews they continued to stay in contact with me and showed they really wanted me to work there. I got the job and I can tell I'm going to get along great with my managers. So excited to work there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and went in for an interview about a week later. It was a one on one interview, I wasn't asked too many questions but she gave me the impression that I would be offered the job. I was told I would be called in the next week but I never heard from them after that.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

I applied originally for the B.A position, this was 2 months ago, I forgot I applied (lol) and the GM called me yesterday asking to interview today at noon or one. I wore all black (except my leggings had white bow & arrows on them) and some trendy jewelry and did my makeup like I do everyday which is always done up and my hair. The GM offered me a position as Clinique Brand Rep, which I didn't want to do, so I steered more toward the B.A position she also offered. She told me my makeup was amazing, and liked that I had a lot of previous retail experience (if you have any, MENTION IT) I had been a previous Walgreens b.a which surprisingly has a LOT of similarities. Make sure you do your hair and makeup 100 percent, obviously, and be happy & cheerful. Act how you do at work though, don't oversell yourself and say things you won't/can't do. After the interview, she told me she was super interested and would call me by the end of next week to tell me what she needed from me (?) and if she didn't call to call for sure. I'm assuming this means I got the job..but who knows! Also she didn't ask ANY of the questions I read on here? Most were just about my availability ect.

Interview Questions

• What was the position as B.A at Walgreens?   1 Answer
    • How have you dealt with a bad employee as Head B.A at Walgs.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Was simply asked base questions. Interview was don't in a tiny office but the manager at that time created a casual and comfortable environment. The interview was brief, but fairly thorough. The general manager seemed to focus on personality which I think is important in this field.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Did I have sales experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you have product knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary, was offered minimum wage. However, salary was nearly doubled upon my promotion. Once I stepped down I lost $2 of pay, initially it was to be $4 but I was able to negotiate.

Prestige Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. One with an assistant manager, then the second with the general manager. Was hired immediately after 2nd interview. I didn't start until 2 weeks later though. There was no training.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I just went in and talked to the manager about if she was hiring. She told me to come back for an interview. And in the interview she just had a normal conversation with me and then the prestige manager had a normal conversation and then thwy said they likes me and I'd get the job. Very laid back.