Ulta Beauty Prestige Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.4

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Great Falls, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Great Falls, MT).

Interview

I applied online for a store that hadn't opened yet. After two weeks, received a call from the District Manager and was asked if I could interview that day. Set up appointment for two hours later. Was supposed to interview with the district manager and the general manager of another store. After interviewing with the DM, she told me that it wasn't necessary that I interview with the general manager. That was on Wednesday. On the following Monday I was informally offered the position and received my offer letter on Tuesday. The interview was conversation style in a hotel lobby. Very pleasant, very informative.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Prestige Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The interview process was about 4 weeks. I had three interviews. I originally applied to work as a beauty advisor part time to work while I was looking for a full time position. During my interview they decided to begin interviewing my for higher up positions, I was very excited about the process until I realized how poorly the management is for the company. After three interviews for two positions I never heard back. I called to follow up and my calls were ignored. The most unprofessional environment I have ever walked in... associates are rude, don't care about customers, and dress unprofessionally. Management is a disaster.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Viera, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Viera, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I have over 10+yrs experience in retail beauty and 7+yrs in Beauty Management​
    So even though I haven't been on an interview in a very long time I was pretty sure of myself! The Interview... When I entered the store no one greeted me, I had to find someone to ask where to go (already thought to myself if I get the job that's the first thing that will be addressed)! Next I found out the Store Manager was running late... So I did a walk thru in the makeup department and again no one greeted me... Instead customers asked me for help and within that 15min window I matched a woman in foundation, recommend the correct eye cream from another woman, and helped the last lady find the perfect mascara! I just couldn't believe no one was helping them!! The store manager did see that luckily and thanked me!! During the Interview the questions were pretty basic and I answered them perfectly ( well thought I did)!! When it was over she said it will take a week to hear back if I passed to get a second interview.... But never got a call and to be honest I don't understand why!?

Interview Questions

• What 3 things would you say you as a manager would have to work on?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Online assessment
    Mini phone interview
    Face to face with General manager
    Phone interview with district manager
    After that had to take a urine drug test
    Waited for the results to clean then called by GM for job offer

Interview Questions

• How did you drive sales in a cosmetics position perviously?   1 Answer

Prestige Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2017.

Interview

They ask about previous experience, ask about times you were in difficult situations and how you handled it etc. They really just need to know your experience in the retail field and how you deal with difficult customers/situations

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had to lead a team, what did you lead? how to you lead it? what went well? what went wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Knoxville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

typically you will have 1-2 interviews with the general manager (if two usually one is via phone) then you will interview with the district manager so 2-3 interviews total. My experience was quick, the GM was pretty open that I was who she wanted and did her best to get me in role asap.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from past management experiences that were difficult, and how did it help you grow.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview
    Next interview was a in store interview
    3rd interview was with the district manager over the phone
    I received a call from the store manager the next day offering me the position

Interview Questions

• They were very generic interview questions. What if, have you ever, give me a example, etc.   Answer Question

Prestige Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Easy I came from a high end cosmetic line so they seemed impressed. I met with the store manager, super nice guy easy going we had similar backgrounds. We talked for over an hour. Next I met with the distinct manager went smooth was offered the job within 5 minutes of talking

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online received call back within a couple of days. Basic retail questions. Must be prepared to answer previous management experience. Overall the GM was very nice and made me feel comfortable during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was a former employee...left because of precious management. Came back once everyone cycled out. New GM was sweet. Asked about my experience and what I did previously as a PA. Wasn't very long...once she heard about my experience and saw my cosmetology license...I was in. I love helping people find the right product and I want to make sure they know how to use it and are comfortable and satisfied with their purchase. There is drama in the work environment but I stay to myself and get along with managers. I have tunnel vision and nothing will get in my way of getting promoted to Clinique specialty advisor. If you keep your eye on the prize and really want to work here...you will be successful. It takes awhile to get the hours that you want and to build trust with the people around you but once it's done the job is so, so fulfilling. Not everyone in the store knows beauty products. If you have a passion for cosmetics like I do...this is the place for you. If you just want to be someone who runs a cash register, please don't apply.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of retail for you?   1 Answer