Ulta Beauty Prestige Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Prestige Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Viera, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Viera, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I have over 10+yrs experience in retail beauty and 7+yrs in Beauty Management​
So even though I haven't been on an interview in a very long time I was pretty sure of myself! The Interview... When I entered the store no one greeted me, I had to find someone to ask where to go (already thought to myself if I get the job that's the first thing that will be addressed)! Next I found out the Store Manager was running late... So I did a walk thru in the makeup department and again no one greeted me... Instead customers asked me for help and within that 15min window I matched a woman in foundation, recommend the correct eye cream from another woman, and helped the last lady find the perfect mascara! I just couldn't believe no one was helping them!! The store manager did see that luckily and thanked me!! During the Interview the questions were pretty basic and I answered them perfectly ( well thought I did)!! When it was over she said it will take a week to hear back if I passed to get a second interview.... But never got a call and to be honest I don't understand why!?

Interview Questions

• What 3 things would you say you as a manager would have to work on?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online received call back within a couple of days. Basic retail questions. Must be prepared to answer previous management experience. Overall the GM was very nice and made me feel comfortable during the interview.

Prestige Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with associate manager, SM, and a manager of another store. I interviewed with the Associate Manager first and it was great. She was really friendly, it was more of a conversation than anything. We set up an interview with the SM, which also went well. She was really business focused and a little distracted, however, the experience was positive. I was told they were looking to hire pretty soon and I would know by the following week. I waited for a call, and I got one to meet with an SM at another store. I was unable to meet the first day she suggested, however, I offered 3 different options for dates. I never got a call back. I followed up 3 separate times, leaving messages and unable to get in touch with the management to follow up, or schedule that last meeting. It was extremely unprofessional and makes me very uncomfortable as someone who takes care of hiring and onboarding with another company. I can't imagine just not getting back in touch with someone who's tried vigorously to follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Rogers, AR) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for Prestige Manager position on a Friday and I called the store on Sunday to speak with the manager. He told me he would call me within the next day or two to set up an interview. I was not local so when he called, he set up my interview with my local Ulta store manager. She reached out to me and we set something up for 2 days later. When I arrived, there was a short wait because the store was busy. We met in her office and she turned off her phone and walkie to give me her full attention. I brought a copy of my resume and she started by asking me to tell her a little about myself and why I wanted to work for Ulta. We then moved to some tough situation questions. Then she told me about Ulta and about the position I was applying for. She was very nice and professional. She told me a little about her store but since I wasn't actually applying for that store, we didn't spend a lot of time on that. At the end of the interview, I asked for feedback which she seemed like she was more than happy to give. She said that I answered the questions well and that my comfort and conversation style was on point, but that I should practice on answering the questions with a bit more detail. I need to speak more towards my leadership roles since it was a management position. She told me that she was going to pass me onto the next interview and forward the results of the interview onto the store manager where I was applying. The next step would be to interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to motivate a team of people.
      What was a time where you achieved a goal that you are proud of?
      Describe a time where you had to work as a team and pull through a tough situation.
      Describe a time where you had to deal with an upset customer, how you resolved it, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

Store manager called me and seemed to be interested in what i was saying and my more than ample experience (2 years cosmetic retail management). We talked for about 20 minutes but she never followed up with me.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience with good customer service.   1 Answer

Prestige Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2012.

Interview

The recruiter was very thorough and very knowledgeable about the company. The experience was enjoyable and it is a company that I hope to work for.