Ulta Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (New York, NY).

Interview

It was quick and to the point. Straight forward questions and an overview of what the job entails. The hiring manager also told me what the dress code was like, what the discount is and gratis.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work at Ulta?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. It was an one on one interview. Felt comfortable. The person interviewing was extremely nice and made you feel comfortable. I applied online and within a few hours I got a call and set up an interview for the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to this job to work at Ulta beauty store online and I received a call from them within a few weeks. Although I wanted to work for them, I had a sudden priority that came up so I had to decline the offer. I'd love to work at Ulta when the chances arrive again................................................... ........... ....... ................

Interview Questions

• What is your education background and passion for beauty?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy, very straight forward questions. It helps to know a bit about cosmetics. I found the interviewer to be very pleasant and concise with their interview. They weren't rude or intimidating, and made you feel comfortable in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Smyrna, GA).

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and easy. I dressed the part (as if I am already employed there). The dress code is black and white, by the way. The hiring manager asked about my interests, previous retail sales, why I wanted to work at Ulta, and what position I am interested in the company. Afterwards, the manager walked me around the layout of the store, which I was already familiar with. It helped that I shopped at the store frequently to begin with. Know the products the store sells.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy, I spoke to the prestige manager. I was hired very soon after the interview. I had a hard time actually speaking to the manager at the time. They were always struggling to get enough sales associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Skokie, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone for an interview and went in a few days later. Had to wait a bit and the manager then took me in the back. The interview was fairly straightforward, a lot of questions focused on customer service. Retail experience is important but not a game changer. Must be comfortable with using and talking about makeup, obviously.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer trying to make a return without a receipt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

they call you and you get an open interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Why should I choose you for the job and not someone else?

Interview Questions

• If you would be any kind of animal, what kind of animal would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

9 an hour

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Cherry Hill, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

10 minute interview with store manager in the back room. It was very laid back. They really needed more staff so it wasn't very hard. I got a call to come in about 3 days after I applied and I was offered the job on the spot. I ended up working there for almost two years.