Ulta Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.0

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

Manager took me into a room the size of a closet where 2 other people were doing training and made me sit on a fold out chair in the doorway. Told me pay was only $8 per hour!! Told her I had wasted my time coming to interview. No thanks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (New York, NY).

Interview

It was quick and to the point. Straight forward questions and an overview of what the job entails. The hiring manager also told me what the dress code was like, what the discount is and gratis.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work at Ulta?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. It was an one on one interview. Felt comfortable. The person interviewing was extremely nice and made you feel comfortable. I applied online and within a few hours I got a call and set up an interview for the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

They did a group interview which apparently is very common for Ulta locations. They ask some personal questions about why you want to work for Ulta and what your knowledge in products is. They seemed a little biased and leaned towards asking some people more questions about them than others. Overall the interview took bout 30 minutes and you heard back within the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

the process was quick and easy I applied online and received a call about a week later. she asked basic questions and it only took about 10 minutes. she called me back 2 days later and offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to this job to work at Ulta beauty store online and I received a call from them within a few weeks. Although I wanted to work for them, I had a sudden priority that came up so I had to decline the offer. I'd love to work at Ulta when the chances arrive again................................................... ........... ....... ................

Interview Questions

• What is your education background and passion for beauty?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy, very straight forward questions. It helps to know a bit about cosmetics. I found the interviewer to be very pleasant and concise with their interview. They weren't rude or intimidating, and made you feel comfortable in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Smyrna, GA).

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and easy. I dressed the part (as if I am already employed there). The dress code is black and white, by the way. The hiring manager asked about my interests, previous retail sales, why I wanted to work at Ulta, and what position I am interested in the company. Afterwards, the manager walked me around the layout of the store, which I was already familiar with. It helped that I shopped at the store frequently to begin with. Know the products the store sells.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy and friendly. Asked general questions. Was not intimidating. The process was also very fast. Started working quickly after I applied.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy, I spoke to the prestige manager. I was hired very soon after the interview. I had a hard time actually speaking to the manager at the time. They were always struggling to get enough sales associates