Ulta Beauty Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Stylist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.2

Stylist Interview

Interview

Interview with Manager.She wasn't prepared and barely made eye contact. She was supposed to read of a preset list of question but failed to do so.She rambled over most of the questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2016.

Interview

I have not had an actual sit down interview but I've had a technical. I brought in a model and had to do a color, cut, and style. Everything went smoothly and I've been asked to come back for another interview. The only thing I struggled with was time. I'd never used Redken color and I had to look up mixing ratios and processing times as I went along.

Interview Questions

• Show me how you would do a consultation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Initially, it went very well. Management seemed friendly, we shared a little about our knowledge of the industry. She appreciated my years of experience and completely understood my reasons for wanting to leave my old job. She described the requirements for the practical interview, dress code, and salary. I left feeling confident.

Interview Questions

• When I told her that I couldn't start immediately because of a family obligation that had to come first, the interview was over, She told me to contact her when my business was done to schedule the practical. My calls were ignored.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2009.

Interview

it was short sweet ans to the point , if you re skiled and professional you are on your way

Interview Questions

• how long have you been in industry   1 Answer
    • are you looking to expand   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Interview

They'll ask questions on experience, what you're good at, what you need help with. They'll explain how hourly and commission work. Show up in business store and answer as honest as possible. They will train you and have you watch hours of videos. They'll teach you to convert clients and how to sell.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2011.

Interview

applied on line was interviewed over phone then in person.

Interview Questions

• do you have a problem with working for corporate   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2010.

Interview

It was very simple.. General questions asked

Negotiation

I did'nt negotiate