Ulta Beauty Task Team Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ulta Beauty Task Team Interview Questions

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, it was just for a temporary position so they only asked a few questions and told me they'd see me soon to stock for the store opening. There would be an orientation and the task would only be for 6 days. I didn't know that Task (Temporary) would be so short but I didn't mind since I really like Ulta and they said we could shop the store before it opened. I wouldn't mind applying for a real part-time though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Employee in Marlboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Marlboro, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a couple days or so, received a phone call (which I missed), then had an interview at the store. The store was busy so we had the interview next door at the Whole Foods cafe. Typical interview, no pressure. Got the job, however the job was very temporary (only for a week). I wore business casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what was your past experience, what is your availability, why did you choose ulta   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, minimum wage. Was willing to work with my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

Very professional, were able to work with my schedule.

Interview Questions

It was too far for me to get there by 6 am every morning.

Task Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Met at a café for a one on one interview since the store is not yet open. Very relaxed atmosphere. The hiring manager didn't ask me a lot of questions so I did have to kind of keep the conversation going and fill in the things I wanted her to know about why I would be good for the position and how I would benefit them as a team member.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone started off the same and only part time is available.

Task Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in December 2012.

Interview

Group interview, it very easy, there were 4 different girls including me, 2 applying for cashiers, 1 for prestige and I applied for task. The general manager at the time interviewed all of us at once and it was very casual. We all ended up getting hired on but I was the only one who was at orientation a few days later

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were shopping and you felt like the staff could've more to help you. What would you have done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Woodbury, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview. I was nervous at first but it's kind of nice having others there so the attention is not on you all the time. I would recommend trying to speak first so you don't repeat others answers. We did a little bit of role playing and it wasn't too bad. Also the manager was super nice! It didn't take them too long to get back to me and offer me the job. It took a week at the most!

Interview Questions

• Explain your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer
    • Tell me of an example of how you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Arrive early and bring extra resumes and a note book. Also ask questions! They like that.

Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Owensboro, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview set-up was via email. The actual interview took place at a fast food restaurant and was very informal and disorganized. The GM conducted it (if that's what you can call it) and she actually asked me what type of questions she should ask me! After the interview, the job offer, start date, and specifics were sent to me via email.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult at all about it. Unexpected? The whole situation was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just got an email offer with details about dress code, pay, and a start date.

Task Team Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in September 2011.

Interview

No questions were asked about any of my abilities. I was shown what I would be making and that was all. I wish now that they would have told me i wouldn't be getting many hours because i quit a 30 hour a week job.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were supposed to be 4 other girls but me and one other girl were the only ones that showed up. The merchandising manager interveiws us and asked us the most basic questions. We took a tour of the store and were told we were hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took a month to get my first day due to paperwork being changed to electronic and corporate being late sending it in.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

The application is online and consists of a personality test. Then they called me for a group interview which only consisted of 1 other girl because the rest never showed up. We were asked questions like "Define customer service" "How do you handle difficult customers" "name a time you went out of your way to help someone". Then you get a tour of the store and where everything is. Me and the girl were both hired on the spot. However it took a month to actually start because we had to wait for the Store Manager to call us for our orientation date and the home office took forever to send in the nessecary documents. She actually had to set our orientation date back by 1 day because she didn't get our information in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything