Ultimate Medical Academy Admissions Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Admissions Representative

Ultimate Medical Academy Admissions Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Ultimate Medical Academy

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, through a Craigslist ad posted by a recruiter. After she reviewed my resume and cover letter, she responded and scheduled a date and time for the group interview. They will ask you if you have a preference for East Coast (mainly 9am-6pm) or West Coast (11am-8pm), I told them that wherever they needed me was okay and they put me in East Coast.

I arrived for the group interview with about 35 people. Bring multiple copies of your resume!! They had us go in to a classroom with a member of HR (Dinesha) who explained the details of the job. They gave us the "good, bad, and ugly" of what to expect before they moved forward.

Then in walked a few members of management. They asked everyone a few questions for about 2-3 minutes per person, then deliberated while we waited. Out of the 35 people or so, only 5 of us were selected for a second interview.

THIS INTERVIEW IS MORE ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY THAN EXPERIENCE!! They aren't REALLY interested in your experience at a call center as much as they are how well you're going to be able to really connect with someone on the phone. Smile! Stand out! be confident! Have a conversation with them, don't just answer their questions blankly. And for the love of GOD, don't answer your phone (like some tacky girl did in the middle of our interview - she did not go on to the next round).

The second interview was a little less intimidating - they walked us through the main floor to get a glimpse fo the environment, then we met directly with our DOAs. Two hours later, they offered me the position!

The interview process is VERY long, so make sure to clear your calendar. I would say I was there for about 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Medical Academy

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL).

Interview

They hire about 30 people monthly. In that month they have 3 interviews each week, consisting of 30 people in each group. So, they interview about 360 people monthly, and hire 30 of those each month.

You will receive an email, most likely telling you to enter through the wrong door. Upon arriving, you will awkwardly wait in a cheap large hallway with very stained chairs. You and the 29 other people in the group will eventually be taken into a room where you are told about the company. They will say loud, energetic, lots of time on the phone, etc....

They want to see people who are very energetic, positive, and concise with their answers. They are looking for people who are able to draw people into them with their personality and words.

After the group interview, they speak out of hearing range for about 5 minutes. They then come back and call about 5 names. Those 5 people stay. They other 25 are taken outside and told "Sorry it didn't work out" and the door is closed on them. The 5 that stay are then taking to the other side of the building and are each put into a 1:1 interview with the person who will be their future boss. At this point in time you will walk on to the admissions floor, and you will hear the music and the energy. You will say to yourself that it isn't too bad. However, what you won't know, is when you walk onto the floor you will not see how bad it normally is.

The process takes about 5 hours.

What they fail to mention is the drugs, the manipulation, the harassing environment, the fact that they truly don't care about you. They are well aware most people last under 90 days there (in fact at 90 days you have a meeting to determine if you get to keep your job, most do not). Those that last more than 90 days MAYBE last until their 5-7 month. This ideal for the school, which they will tell you this after you are hired. They don't care for people who are they along time because most "lose" the level of energy it takes to manipulate people all day, every day. There are the random people there who do really well for longer, but that is NOT the norm.

Interview Questions

• Why is this a good job for you?
      What will you bring to the UMA team?   Answer Question

Ultimate Medical Academy Response

Sep 20, 2016 – Vice President, Marketing

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience with UMA. We take the matters you stated above quite seriously and HR will take appropriate action as needed. You are always welcome to speak directly... More

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy.

Interview

Walk in to a hallway where there's a table to check in and hand in copies of resume to an HR rep.

Once it's time, you and the other interviewees will be escorted into a classroom and educated on UMA's background, culture and details on the position. This part of the interview is to weed out anyone that isn't comfortable with working in a metrics and performance based work environment.

After a "bathroom break" aka chance to leave if you're no longer feeling the vibe, you're split into groups of 15-20. Once your name is called, you stand up and introduce yourself. You're asked a few questions regarding your character and/or experience, while the interviewer reviews your resume. This part doesn't last long, 5-10 minutes per person depending how talkative they are. After everyone is interviewed, you're escorted back to the hallway you checked in at and told if you get to go on or not.

If you're selected, you wait for a director to come and get you. If hired, this director will be your supervisor. The director takes you to their area of the call center for a 1 on 1 interview. You will find out if you are hired for the job at the conclusion of this interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Relaxed. It was more about getting to know me than anything else. I had to describe where I had worked at before, where I did something similar. They wanted to know about my experiences working at a former school. that experience seemed to help me the most

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to a students success?
      What made you want to come to UMA ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was straight forward. I got a letter stating that they wanted to hire me, and a salary.

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy.

Interview

Group interview that had very little professional feel to it. fun atmosphere but that ends quickly when you start. Depending which team you end up on is your chance of staying with the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

A group interview in a classroom starts with a recruiter providing you the PROS & CONS of the job. That information took up about 30 minutes. Following the information session another recruiter/Member of management come in the room and begins to interview everyone in the room(one by one) and you answer the questions with everyone listening. You are required to bring 5 resumes with you. Once the 2nd interviewer leaves the room the original recruiter comes back and "trims the fat" . The names that are called get a second interview, those that are not are escorted to the exit, and encouraged to re-apply for another position. They do explain before escorting the unselected individuals that it is possible they were not selected because of the role they applied for and they will possibly be more successful in a more customer service role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview was really easy but they did not ask enough information to be able to decide if you would make a good employee. At most three questions per person. They told us they wanted the people with the least customer service experience during the interview so it seemed like a waste of time to be there. The recruiters should not bring us in if we have the experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Tell me about your previous experience. Did your previous employer set any goals that you needed to complete.   Answer Question

Ultimate Medical Academy Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Vice President, Marketing

Sorry to read you had a negative experience. We don't typically interview staff in New York for student support roles, though. Best wishes to you on your job search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked to arrive 30 minutes before interview. Had to submit 5 copies of Resume and disclosure. If you don't have these items, they will ask you to leave and come back with these documents. Also, you have to fill out the online application and questionnaire before you can participate in the interview process. Introduction of company. Then group interview. Afterwards, separated into groups. Come back together as one large group, then selected or not selected for second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as an admissions representative at UMA? Talk about your current or past role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Group Interview. They're looking for candidates that want to help people change their lives, who also have sales experience. Customer Service experience is actually frowned upon because you have to "close the deal". Half of you will be cut out the first round. Then you have a second interview with your actual hiring supervisor. You will have to read a script. You'll know by the end of the day if they're hiring you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company? Why are you a good fit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

4 hours! You will have an interview with 3 different people. The last 2 are basically your supervisors that give input on you. At the end if they haven't a sent you home then you got it.

Interview Questions

• The use the star interview technique.   1 Answer