Ultimate Software Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and I get an email to confirm time and date for telephone interview. The interviewer called on time and was very short with direct basic questions.

I am very surprised that for a company with such great ratings, their HR/Recruiters truly lack people skills with common courtesy. They do not respond at all to calls, emails, and for that reason I give them a no star and bad service review. For us seeking opportunities, the hiring process is so slow and frustrating, its good to know when a position has been closed, or they are moving on without us so we know where we stand.

Interview Questions

• Your Skill set, your background, your overall experience, Why do you want to work here... just basic questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a Talent Acquisition Specialist expressing interest in my profile for Customer Success Specialist position in Atlanta and was asked to schedule a phone interview. Immediately after receiving an email, I called her and there was no reply to my calls that day and the next day. As I have been very excited for this opportunity and have been following the company closely, to work in Ultimate Software has been on my top priority list. After 3 days, I receive an email from the Talent Specialist saying she was sorry she missed my calls as she is out of town and scheduled a phone interview for Tuesday [11/1/2016] at 1 pm and after much preparation and looking forward to the call, I have not received the call. I then call her back and leave a voicemail and an email asking if we're still good for an interview but there has been no reply. I am surprised at the unprofessional-ism and truly disappointed with the experience so far and its unfortunate as most people have had wonderful experiences with the Company.

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee of US who forwarded my resume to the hiring manager and recruiter. I was then asked to apply for the position online. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who then forwarded me to two separate phone interviews with the managers over the Learning Solutions Team. I was asked to submit previous samples of my writing to gauge ability as well as extensive questions related to my background in desktop publishing and web content development/project management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to meet extremely tight deadlines with minimal content information to complete your project. Where and how did you go about researching further content on your own and what was the outcome? How do you manage your time in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Vice President, Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

12 weeks 6 steps. Ultimate Software Recruiter found me on linkedin.

1. Phone screen with recruiter. 2. Face to face with hiring manager in Atlanta. 3. Flew to Florida for face to face with two more executives. 4. Phone interview with C suite executive. 5. Back to Atlanta office for face to face with entire team (four members). I was told that this is the end of the interview process and an offer was coming. 6. Two weeks later, still no offer. But I was then told that I had to come into the Atlanta office to have another face to face with the C suite executive who already interviewed me on the phone.

Two weeks later the offer did come. But I was shocked that I was offered a Senior Director position and not the Vice President position that I have been interviewing for. Somewhere along the way, the job was downgraded from VP to Senior Director but no one told me, not even the recruiter. In fact, when he gave me the offer, he tried to sneak that major change through until I caught him and questioned him on it. It appears to be a bait and switch. I naturally turned down the position! Had I been told that it was a Senior Director role from the beginning, I would never have agreed to go through with the interviews.

I noticed now that the position has been re-posted as Senior Director, Customer Experience. Either the company does not know what it wants or what it is doing. The company may preach, “People First” but I certainly never felt that during my interview process. So glad that I am not part of it.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied for the position through the Indeed website. The entire process from resume submission to job offer lasted approximately 4 weeks. There was a total of 5 interviews. Each person that I encountered was very nice and proud to be with the company!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Ultimate Software has a very in depth interview process, which helps them ensure they are getting the best of the best. 1st step is talking with a Talent Specialist (recruiter) - they usually give you great tips on what to do in upcoming interviews. 2nd step is a Skype interview with a hiring manager. 3rd step is an exam. 4th step is a final interview, usually a panel interview in person. I applied online and got a call to start the interview process within 1 day, and at the end of the 1st and 2nd step - I knew where I stood and what the next step was. After the exam, it took about 1 hour to get an email that the I passed and to schedule the in person, panel interview. The 4th step is the only one where I didn't have an exact answer at the end of the process, but I heard back the very next day. :)

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

-initially contacted via email from recruiter(Sunday)
    - Set up phone interview for Monday
    - Skype Interview with Manager at Headquarters on Wednesday & Analytical test the same day. (Answer 40 questions in 45 mins) this part was tough
    - In Person panel interview the next Tuesday (Bc I went out of town)
    -Offer was made Wednesday morning.

Everything was very professional and the in person interviews were very informative.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered me everything I wanted.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

1st interview was by phone. Just a basic overview of my skills and what the job entailed. (Wednesday)

2nd interview was a Skype interview with a representative from Ultimate Software's home office in FL. (Friday)

Monday I was contacted to take a test. Test was somewhat difficult because of the added time pressure. Same day I was contacted back for an in person (Panel Style) interview for Wednesday. I lived in another state and they gave me the opportunity to do the interview via Skype.
    3rd Interview went well. I love the fact at the end they gave me 20 seconds to say why they should hire me. Gives you a real chance to show who you are.

By the end of the day I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and the position?
      Why should we hire you?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

This was the most incredibly streamlined and efficient interview process I have ever had the pleasure of taking part in. After applying, I received an e-mailed invitation to participate in a pre-screening interview with a talent acquisition specialist. She was very friendly, knowledgeable and truly helpful. The next step was a Skype interview with a training manager. Before the Skype interview, my talent acquisition specialist made sure to send me some great tips about how to succeed in the interview, and she took the time to call me and discuss these tips. If you're applying for a position at Ultimate Software (which you absolutely should), be sure to listen to the tips that are offered to you. Your acquisition specialist will be your best friend during the entire interview process. The Skype interview was very pleasant, and I was given the opportunity to ask the training manager a few questions. The next step was to complete an online assessment. The assessment was fairly challenging, and I would closely compare it to a miniature version of the SAT's. After passing the assessment, I was invited to their Atlanta office for a final panel interview with 3 people success managers. They were friendly and engaged, and they provided me with a wealth of knowledge when I asked questions at the end. I received an offer for employment the next morning.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multi-tasking?   1 Answer

Systems Consultant Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with one of the the consulting managers. I'll admit, I was very nervous and the interviewer was very nice and help me get through the interview. Based on my responses, he was impressed and invited me to a "meet and greet" that they were having the following week so I could meet with the other managers and potential co-workers.

During the "meet and greet" there were at least 10 managers there, including 2 Directors and no more than 30 applicants that were invited to the "meet and greet." Meeting with the managers and different applicants was intimidating because everyone came from a different backgrounds and seemed like they were more qualified than you yourself, but I believe this part of the process was used to see how sociable you are and how you would fit in their working environment. The "meet and greet" lasted 3 hours. 2 and a half hours of the "meet and greet" was spent taking an assessment that tested our analytical, verbal, data interpretation and problem solving skills. These question,to me, weren't all that hard but take it seriously because they do look at your performance and make their decisions on that as well. After turning in our assessment, we were then escorted out by one of the managers. During this time, don't be timid and just listen to the manager explain the next process. You should at that moment ask any questions you have about the position or about the company itself. Let them know that your interested in the company. Make sure they remember your name. That is key. Leaving an impression is the number one thing you can do. If your not interested in working here; know nothing about the job your applying for or the actual company, then more than likely you won't make an impression and will not make it to the next step in the interview process.

After the "meet and greet" the Lead Recruiter called me and let me know that the mangers liked me and wanted to meet again for a final interview the next day. Before arriving be sure to bring a notepad or some kind of portfolio that you can write in and bring a couple copies of your resume.

Now, during the final interview process I interviewed with one of the managers and one of the directors. Both interviews lasted a little over an hour each. I know I made an impression because they let me know that because they didn't keep track of the time when I was interviewing with them. So make sure you engage in conversation with them because if you bore them or don't seem interested, more than likely they will cut the interview short.

This overall interview process took a week and half to get through. Also this was by far the best interview process I've every had. Whether or not if I got offered the job, I don't think it would have ever let me down because it was very informative and they like helping you better yourself with all the advise they gave out throughout the process. Keep in mind that, though my interview process went the way it did, this does not mean that yours will but if you just keep your thoughts together and answer their questions with confidence you will be fine.

GOOD LUCK!

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself?
      - What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
      - How did you handle a time when you did not communicate they way you wanted to, to a customer and having a negative effect on the situation?
      - How well do you work with a team?
      - What is one thing your co-workers would say you need to improve on?
      - ("Questions about your resume")   1 Answer