Ultimate Software Cloud Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ultimate Software Cloud Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ultimate Software

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

A number phone screens and then fly out for a series of on-site interviews. Senior technical staff quizzed me on their areas of speciality. Once on-site, each interviewer quizzed me on various aspected of information system design, performance tuning, and problem resolution.

Interview Questions

• End-users report a performance problem in the application, but the CPU load on the database server is not heavy; what could be the cause?   Answer Question
  • What are the various reasons why indexes on columns is important?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Software

Cloud Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2017.

Interview

About 3 weeks after applying, I received an email from an US recruiter, wanting to schedule an interview with him to discuss the role. I responded within 16 minutes of the email being received, excited about the potential job opportunity & and it took him two whole business weeks ("People first") to respond. I spoke with him for a bit (same ol HR screening crap) & then I got to speak with the manager a few hours later.

The manager interview was decent. Since it's a Cloud based role, he was heavy on virtualization. Having VMWare / Linux experience will definitely help for this role. Know some basic networking also. The manager said we would be contacted for the next steps, whether rejected or accepted. If you passed the phone screening, you would have an onsite interview. The manager mentioned it would be more technical than the phone screening.

I got an email saying the position is now closed. No explanations as to why I didn't move forward or anything. "People first," right?

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

- Head Hunter Phone interview
    - Tech Manager Interview -Phone
    - Team Interview -Phone
    - Onsite Interview
         - Mostly 3 to 4 interviews
    -- They treat the future employee at the best !

Cloud Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2018.

Interview

Referred by current employee. Job description provided via email by hiring manager describes a Tech Support level 2+ position mistitled as Cloud Engineer. Call interview with hiring manager and two team leads. Two and a half weeks and some follow-up correspondence later, hiring manager called with verbal offer, followed by a written offer one week later. Overall pleasant interview process!

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to find the source of an application error in the database?   1 Answer