Ultimate Software Customer Success Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ultimate Software Customer Success Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Ultimate Software

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

1.Phone screening
2.In person/Skype interview with onboarding specialist and director
3.In person interview with several managers

several questions about yourself, experience (personal and professional) and an assessment to gauge basic math and analytical skills

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ultimate Software ?   Answer Question
  • What is NOT on your resume that you would want us to know about ?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Just three days after applying for the position, I received an email from a recruiter requesting to schedule a phone interview. From there, I was invited to an in-person interview. Ultimate's HR Recruiter in Weston, FL is very professional and courteous, reliable and responsive; as a job candidate this is one of the finest recruiters out there.

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

All thought the interview process was a bit long, it was very easy to follow.

1) an initial phone call to set up a phone interview (with an email confirmation)
    2) a phone interview on the specifics of the company, ulti-soft, and the position.
    3) preliminary interview with hiring manager and program trainer.
    4) roundtable interview with three department managers followed by an analytical examination.

Overall, the interview was extremely smooth and very comfortable!

Interview Questions

• Typical Cape-Outcome questions that were tailored to ultimate.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. There was not an option, and honestly, they gave me everything i would have asked (opening offer) for and then some!!

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL).

Interview

The talent manager sent me an email to conduct a phone interview the next day. During the phone interview he asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to be in customer service. After I answered his questions, he offered me constructive criticism about my interview. I highly suggest really listening to what he is saying. He really had amazing advice and is very well educated about what the organization is looking for. After the phone interview (30 minutes), I received a call at the end of the day to go on site to corporate headquarters for a face-to-face with my potential direct supervisor and another supervisor. They will ask behavioral questions (tell me about a time when you went above and beyond...), they will ask you why you want to work for the organization, and they will go into detail about what the position entails. Please make sure you know why you want to work here. The more knowledge you have about the company, the better. After the interview (40 minutes) if all goes well you might be asked to take an assessment. I thought I really bombed this part, but I guess I didn't because they called me again later that day and asked me to come in for another interview with 3 supervisors. They will pretty much ask a lot of the same questions, but you never know there are 3 people interviewing you. Anything could come up. Also, if you get called to go on site for an interview I suggest arriving 20-30 minutes early. Parking is very difficult to find around there. Also, type in the exact address. They own about 10 buildings so you could easily get lost. Great opportunity so please take the interviews very seriously and study up on as much about the organization as possible.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better in a team environment or alone?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (New York, NY).

Interview

Was very rapid and streamlined. I applied on a Thursday, was contacted the following Monday for a phone interview. Everything occurred in a week-long timespan:

1) Phone Interview (Tues) with recruitment manager: general info, then provided with feedback and info about the company
    2) In-person interview (Wed) with sr. training manager: behavioral questions and inquiries about experience, etc. This was followed by a psychometric test (which focused on analytical/deductive reasoning)
    3) Panel interview (Thurs) with people success managers: similar questions to previous interviews but was the toughest round for me (more difficult to gauge).

I was provided with constant, thorough feedback by the Talent Acquisition Manager on a daily basis (post-interview). The entire process was structured and very professional.

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2016.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was challenging but great. There were many steps but everything happened quickly.

On Thursday I applied. Monday the recruiter reached out to me for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited for 2nd interview at HQ for Wednesday. On Wednesday after my 2nd interview I was asked to take an analytical test. Immediately after the test I was asked to come in the next day for a panel interview. 2 hours after the panel interview I was given the offer. 8 day process.

Phone interview: standard interview questions about your work experience and what you know about the company. After the phone interview the recruiter gives you tips and advice on things to talk about in your next interview. Very helpful!

2nd interview: In person with a higher up manager. Standard questions.

Analytical test: Pretty difficult timed test that involved lots of numbers and logic. But don't let this discourage you! Worth trying.

Panel interview: Easiest interview since it's ran by your peers. More laid back. It's the time to show your personality.

I am so happy I applied and was given the chance to interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What would your coworkers say about you? What do you know about rising stars? Why do you want to work here? What I customer service to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a very knowledgeable Talent Acquisition Specialist for the initial screening, (who by the way set the tone for my introduction into this Ulti-family). I was then invited to interview in person and that included meeting with the Services Mentor & Training Specialist and 2 other members of the Services Training team. They asked challenging questions and I was sure to engage and ask questions that I had after doing some basic research. I then took a basic test aptitude test. I was asked if I could do my 2nd interview that same day and of course I agreed. I met with 2 Managers from Customer Success and Rapid Response. I received an in depth understanding of their expectations. I was asked if I could meet with 2 managers from Payment Services on the following Monday. I meet with these delightful managers and it was a match. The whole process was professional, informative, and I have respect for the on boarding process. I am now in the Rising Stars program which is an intense 14 week training program. I am learning so much and I have an amazing supportive team, it's truly life changing! As a new hire, I feel that Ultimate Software ensures they are hiring the best candidates for their unique culture here.

Interview Questions

• Please describe an experience where you have gone above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few days later asking for a phone interview. The phone interview went great and the recruiter was really nice. I could then choose if I wanted an in person interview or a skype interview, and I chose in person. The interview was a bit weird and only lasted 15 minutes, making me think they chose someone else before I even interviewed (I saw on the sign in sheet that 3 other people had interviewed earlier that day for the same position).

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say you could improve on? Why do you want to work here? What do you know about the rising stars program? A lot of example based questions as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

This was the most incredibly streamlined and efficient interview process I have ever had the pleasure of taking part in. After applying, I received an e-mailed invitation to participate in a pre-screening interview with a talent acquisition specialist. She was very friendly, knowledgeable and truly helpful. The next step was a Skype interview with a training manager. Before the Skype interview, my talent acquisition specialist made sure to send me some great tips about how to succeed in the interview, and she took the time to call me and discuss these tips. If you're applying for a position at Ultimate Software (which you absolutely should), be sure to listen to the tips that are offered to you. Your acquisition specialist will be your best friend during the entire interview process. The Skype interview was very pleasant, and I was given the opportunity to ask the training manager a few questions. The next step was to complete an online assessment. The assessment was fairly challenging, and I would closely compare it to a miniature version of the SAT's. After passing the assessment, I was invited to their Atlanta office for a final panel interview with 3 people success managers. They were friendly and engaged, and they provided me with a wealth of knowledge when I asked questions at the end. I received an offer for employment the next morning.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multi-tasking?   1 Answer

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

This was probably the only time I have a had a bad experience with a recruiter. She initially emailed me, stated that she was impressed with my background, gave me the salary range and asked if I would would like to have a phone interview, which I agreed to. When the day came, she didn't call. I emailed her 20 minutes after the scheduled time and she responded that she had tried to call several times and got no answer; I explained that I was next to my phone beginning with 15 min before the scheduled interview and did not have any missed calls. She went on to say that she had another meeting and could call later, which I agreed to. When she called, she apologized and said she just realized she had been calling a different person with the same first name but a different last name from their system. Well, she told me the last name, it was my maiden name so it would still have been the same phone number. Then she said "Oh it was the same name but with one letter off so it was a different person, different number". My maiden name is very unusual so this was unrealistic. Additionally, I gave her my phone number when we initially set up the interview. We start our "interview" and the first thing she tells me is that she thinks I would be bored with the position and thinks I wouldn't be satisfied with the salary. I am shocked. So I kindly ask her to please explain the job duties so I can make that decision for myself and that I knew the salary before agreeing to the interview. The entire conversation, she kept trying to dissuade me from pursuing the job, basically talking it down. From my experience with recruiters, they always talk the job/company up so this was weird. We went through all the questions, I was well prepared (thanks to Glassdoor) and the last thing she asked me is if I was sure I was interested in the position (again, mentioning that I would be bored). It's only been a few days but needless to say, I don't feel she will be referring me to the hiring manager. I got a strong feeling that she was trying to eliminate me from the running to maybe get someone else in? Who knows. I still think Ultimate Software is a great company; I just hope never to have to speak with this one specific recruiter ever again.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What do you know about the position? Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your job duty?   1 Answer