Ultimate Software Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ultimate Software Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

It was a basic digital interview where I was given some problems to solve using java code. Not very difficult or time consuming but hit on key areas of java that most coders should know.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing presented was how to manipulate an array to produce a specific, given result.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ultimate Software

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Had to take an online coding test. It wasn't too difficult, but I did not have enough time for one of the six problems. Two of the questions were coding. The other four were simple multiple choice questions about data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Sort the elements of an unsorted array in descending order   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to Ultimate at career fair and dropped resume. Coding challenge sent out about a week later (easy to medium difficulty). Next day, received offer for interview on-site in 2-3 weeks. On-site interview in Weston: two 2:1 interviews on software development and OOP and one 1:1 interview on testing. 1 behavioral including a short tour.

Interview Questions

• Show me one project on your github and explain the design choices.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through a friend who works in the company. I was reached out to by one of the recruiters and the first phase of the process was a phone call from the recruiter. After the phone call I was sent a coding challenge about a week later and completed it. I moved on to the final stage which was an onsite interview with three of the engineers. Each one interviewed me individually. One part was coding and the other two were white board questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a simple recursive function to tell whether a given input (string) was a palindrome or not.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different employees from different departments on the same day. Etched asked questions from their respective backgrounds. Very straight forward. Three of the interviews used a white board for coming up with / showing the solution (either code outline of solution). A third was on a computer using an IDE.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied through a referral and went through a phone call within a few days before being asked to go on-site for an interview. Met with three software engineers and the recruiter, did a simple coding question in Java, a question related to algorithms, and was asked about software testing before being given a tour of the company HQ.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed at university with two managers from a team for an internship program. Waited about 4 weeks until I heard back from one of the managers that I was selected to be a part of the internship program.

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

interview consisted of meeting with 4 different portions, 1 for software testing, 1 coding test, a tour of the company, and 1 whiteboard algorithm portion review your oop concepts and other terminology

Everyone was really nice and its pretty clear that the work environment is great

Interview Questions

• Coding test, be able to print out an unsorted list in sorted order   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Had a first phone interview 5 days ago and still waiting to hear back from them...my case is an employee referral from one of my Professors... they sent me an email to arrange phone interview and a week later I got the call , it was a 15 min interview, pretty simple....will update on process...

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Three round interview process. First person gave a very basic whiteboard interview. Second person gave a very basic technical interview. Third person talked about my resume and asked miscellaneous questions related to my interests and tried to tie them into some type of job-related work. Afterwards, I was shown around the building in a hurried fashion since the interview was at the end of the day. Altogether, took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Q. Given a simple application in Java or C# that adds four items (each a simple box with a number in it) to a custom MyList class that extends the standard List class and then prints the contents of the list using an iterator, modify the program to print out the contents of the list in sorted order without modifying main.   1 Answer