Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ultimate Software

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Systems Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy! I applied for the role and a recruiter reach out to me for a phone interview in less than a week and the phone interview was AMAZING. Made me feel comfortable right from the beginning answering all my questions. From there I moved through the process of have a video interview with the direct Manager and then two phone interviews with a colleague and a peer. The peer interview was awesome and new for me! I am so impressed of the whole process and how the lines of communication stayed opened.

Interview Questions

• How will my past experiences help me succeed in this role?   Answer Question

CS Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

The interview process took about two weeks from first phone/video screening with HR to offer letter. I spoke with four different individuals. All were extremely nice and made sure to keep me updated along the way. I am very impressed with Ultimate Software's interview process!

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in July 2020.

Interview

The whole process was amazing. My recruiter, Tina, was excellent!!! She updated me on the process, gave me a pep talk before the interview, and offered me the position the day I interviewed. The whole process was quick and enjoyable. Tina was super personable and it made the process fun! The managers that interviewed me were super nice, personable, and very well spoken. Make sure to dress to impress! They noticed my suit and tie real quick. I used to be a Temp Employee for Rapid Response and was placed in a permanent position shortly afterwards through the Rising Stars Program. I think everyone should be a part of this wonderful program to learn customer service and account management skills in the world leading HR/Payroll company. Go Ultimate!

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online as the position seamed like a very good fit. Received an automated email which mentioned the HR representative would contact me, followed by an email from HR. Scheduled an interview after two days. In between received an email to take a recorded video interview. Had no clue about that. Had to answer and record the timed interview video (typical situational questions). It was awkward recording answers without a two way communication. Next day HR called for interview, but just asked salary range and mentioned the selection is based on the video interview recording review. In two days got an automated email saying they are not proceeding with my application. The position was removed from listing within 2 weeks. Not sure if it was an internal position. It's very disappointing that a company which calls itself, people first, conducting such non-personalized video recorded interviews and not providing any feedback after being in an interview process.

Interview Questions

• situational questions, tell me about yourself, you strengths....   Answer Question

Ultimate Software Response

Jul 6, 2020 – Social Media Business Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have been working quickly to meet the needs of our workforce during unusual times. We apologize that your experience fell short of our standards and we aim to improve. Please email us at techcareers@ultimatesoftware.com if you would like to share any additional details. Thank you.

Revenue Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in June 2020.

Interview

Ultimate Software was one of the very few companies hiring during COVID-19. I saw the job 1-2 days after it had been posted and applied right away, got contacted by an HR rep 1-2 days later for an initial phone screen.
    After that I had 4 rounds of video interviews each being 30 mins with different team members. The process from application to offer was about a months time.
    Overall process was very smooth though a little long, understandable due to the situation with COVID. The HR rep was great and extremely helpful being in constant communication making the process easier. Interviews were friendly not too hard due to it being a sort of entry level position. Would definitely recommend.

Operations Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Overall the interview process was one of the best that I have had with any company. They were very communicative throughout the entire process, and even though I didn't work there, I already felt valued by the company. I applied to the position, and the next day I received an invitation to speak to a member of the talent acquisition team, Kathy Bates. She was AMAZING! She helped me every step of the way, and it really made me feel like she was rooting for me to get hired. The initial call was just a 20 minute overview of the position, and an opportunity for me to tell her a little bit about myself. After the call I had to complete a virtual interview in which I video taped myself answering some questions that they gave, and I provided some answers to two or three essay questions. A few days later I was told that the hiring managers liked my videos, and I would now be interviewing with a small panel of people that would be working in my department if I was hired. The interview with the panel was over the phone, and I was pretty comfortable throughout the whole thing which lasted 30-40 minutes. Two days later I was offered a position!

My advice would be to DO YOUR RESEARCH! I learned everything I could about the company and I developed a genuine interest in their values and products which I think reflected in my interview answers, and ultimately lead to them giving me an offer. I also feel that it is important to be able to thoroughly describe your work experience and be able to give SPECIFIC examples/experience to their questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

1 hackarrank test pretty simple one with 4 questions.
    1 interview with the hiring manager who adam. I really enjoyed talking to him.
    4 interviews a lot of Q and A questions. 2 System Design Interviews. 2 Coding Questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my resume.
      Some in depth java questions.
      Design and API
      System Design a complicated one.   2 Answers

Software Engineer-III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2020.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me regarding the opportunity after reviewing my career history on LinkedIn. Once we communicated about the position, it was clear that this role aligned well with my skill set, so we continued the process.

There were two interviews: a general interview with the team and manager revolving around my work history and a technical interview with more team members, covering a multitude of topics.

I also met with the Senior Director after the interviews, where I was given an overview of the types of projects that I would be involved in.

Overall, the process was excellent! It also progressed quite quickly. The recruiter stayed in constant communication and kept me in the loop whenever there were substantive updates to relay. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the team as well.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SOAP and REST API?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (New York, NY).

Interview

The processes are pretty basic as phone screen, phone interview, onsite. It took about 2weeks and very efficient and very friendly and welcoming, It was a super positive experience overall. Recruiter is very helpful along the way even after accepting the offer

Interview Questions

• very tied to the job description and detailed situational questions   1 Answer

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

What a horrible process - I applied for a DevOps position. A recruiter reached out to me and we had a nice conversation and she setup an interview with the hiring manager. Though there were some issues due to the corona virus situation, there was some rescheduling. The interview ended up being streamlined to the tech interview over video conference pretty quickly. Unbeknownst to me, the DevOps position I applied to changed into a developer position, without letting me know or without even showing me a job description? I ended up not even taking the interview, as I am not a developer! This was my 3rd time interviewing with Ultimate and every time they can’t seem to get it right. The previous times, the job I applied, the company went on a hiring freeze after going through multiple rounds of interviews, spending 6 hours at their office meeting multiple people and managers - waiting months for this to only be told they are now on a hiring freeze. I would have LOVED to work for Ultimate, but honestly, after this, I will probably never apply for them again. Very sad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Ultimate Software Response

Mar 23, 2020 – Social Media Business Analyst

Your feedback is valuable and helps us continuously improve. Please email us at techcareers@ultimatesoftware.com if you would like to share any additional details. Thank you!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Went to a career fair at school, took an online test, and then a round of technical interviews. The whole process was extremely easy and they kept in contact the entire time