Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Smyrna, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 steps: 1. Phone interview, 2. Skype or in person, 3. In person. After all 3 interviews you get an offer, or not. The interview process all occurred within 2 weeks of getting a call to set up a phone interview. I received that call within 2 weeks of submitting my resume.

Interview Questions

• Research the company! You will be asked, in every interview, about details of the company. Then you get the standard strengths/weaknesses questions. I was also asked what my spirit animal was. Some of my coworkers were asked that, some weren't, so have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but salary is quite generous for the job.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in January 2018.

Interview

After seeing the position posted on Indeed, I applied online and received an email from the Recruiter literally a few days later wanting to scheduled a phone screen. I set up the phone screen a few days later and the Recruiter called me from the Florida location. He initially made "small talk" for several minutes before he began to ask any questions.
     After reading all the positive reviews and great things about the company, I can honestly say I was disappointed with the phone screen and questions from the Recruiter, his attitude was very "nonchalant", seemed as if he was literally just "blowing time", and asked pretty basic questions once he finally finished all the small talk about the weather. At the end of the phone screen he asked if I had questions which I did, I asked him four questions and he was unable to answer any of them, and kept referring me to ask those to the "Hiring Manager" ? Again very disappointing to not even get basic information answered about the actual position that I asked and the Recruiter told me himself he has worked 12 years at the company and around 5 years doing the Recruiting so I was shocked when he couldn't or wouldn't answer my questions I had at the end of the phone screen. The only information he relays is various steps in the hiring process with additional phone screens, panel interviews, and or video interviews. Interesting about two days after my phone screen, I get an email saying "the position is now closed", then the next day I receive another email from Ultimate Software saying: "the position has been filled", interesting. It seems to me they already selected a candidate especially if he was just beginning the interview process and within 48 hours the position is filled! It really didn't leave me with a good impression of the company after that and I feel like my time was completely wasted for a position I had no chance of getting to begin with.

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving current position? What's my current salary and salary range? How does my background make me a good candidate for the position I'm applying for? Have I heard of Ultimate Software before ?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Waited about 2 weeks and got e-mail for phone interview. Recruiter was professional and apologized as my phone interview had to get rescheduled.
    Spoke on the phone regarding the role and IT structure. Gave overview about the company.
    This position in Santa Ana CA turns out to be a dead end career. Only about 4 desktop support staff which includes contractors. No other support team onside. Support for only onside employees of 300 employees. Rest of support are done in Florida corp office. No advancement if you stay here. The compensation is below average for pay itself. Benefits 100% paid. Overall the pay itself is far too low to cover cost of living in Orange County and for this type of Sr. role.
    I decided to pass. If you got hired in Florida then this employer would be better fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Ultimate Software.
      What duties did you do at last three employer.   Answer Question

Cloud Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2017.

Interview

About 3 weeks after applying, I received an email from an US recruiter, wanting to schedule an interview with him to discuss the role. I responded within 16 minutes of the email being received, excited about the potential job opportunity & and it took him two whole business weeks ("People first") to respond. I spoke with him for a bit (same ol HR screening crap) & then I got to speak with the manager a few hours later.

The manager interview was decent. Since it's a Cloud based role, he was heavy on virtualization. Having VMWare / Linux experience will definitely help for this role. Know some basic networking also. The manager said we would be contacted for the next steps, whether rejected or accepted. If you passed the phone screening, you would have an onsite interview. The manager mentioned it would be more technical than the phone screening.

I got an email saying the position is now closed. No explanations as to why I didn't move forward or anything. "People first," right?

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight-forward. Once you apply they have a representative conduct a fifteen-minute phone interview. Following the interview, they allow you a week to take their code assessment using HackerRank. The assessment is Java-based and is relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• Given the code below, what will the program's output be if the pop and peek functions (Java) were used on a stack?   Answer Question

Rapid Response Tech - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Really straight forward and professional. The recruiter was my first point of contact. I had a short phone interview with her then was sent an assessment. After I completed and passed that, I had a Skype interview with an HR manager. My last Skype interview was with my possible manager. At each step in the process I was either in phone or email contact with my recruiter. She was very personable and I liked her immediately. They let you know what questions to expect so you can prepare for your interviews appropriately. Everyone I talked to was very professional and enthusiastic about the company. The only downside to this process was the time frame. It was VERY quick, like first interview to offer letter in one week fast. No complaints otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Name one time when you had a customer that was very unhappy and how did you resolve this issue?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Interview

My experience with recruiting team was not so well. After applying for opening HR contacted immediately however the screening call got rescheduled multiple times.

After screening call, online test was sent to me which i completed within 2 days.

I have been following up since 3 weeks and no response from HR.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I met HR during the university
    career fair. Was contacted by him right after it ended asking whether I was available to meet the team. I was asked (informally) some questions about my resume and then was told that I will receive further steps by email.
    In about a week I have received Hackerrank challenge to complete. There were 2 coding questions and 4 theoretical knowledge questions. Basic Data structures / Classes / Sorting questions, easy-medium level.
    The week after I finished the test I was contacted to schedule an on-site interview in my area.
    4 rounds, 1 hour each. 3 with developers and 1 with a Project Lead. For each I was asked to go over my resume and then to solve 1-2 whiteboard questions. Difficulty was medium mostly for all of them, single one was a little bit harder than the others. Nothing surprising or completely off limits.
    Was contacted by the HR in about two weeks by phone with an offer.
    Great experience, no delays, everything goes as expected.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very straightforward interview process, they had a technical interview, basic Object Oriented Programming related questions, software testing interview, and a general questions interview.
    They also gave me a tour of their facility, which was alright.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP questions, what are the applications of object oriented principles   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

unsophisticated,
    "fit" used as code word to exclude qualified and overly qualified candidates that are a threat to existing management because they have not been cloistered in the same company for decades-human resources allows it. lots of hype of being # this and # that on national rankings but when the moment of truth came and the company could have comported itself with class, it didn't. it is not about being offered a job, it is how the communication is handled.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Easy Interview experience, started off with a pre-interview online quiz that was really simple. Just tested basic java. The actual interviews that were conducted included one that wanted to know about good coding practices/OO structure, another that wanted to test programming skill, and another one which talked about some simple design questions. Overall an easy interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Given a singly linked list and only 1 pointer make a queue.   1 Answer