Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Smyrna, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 steps: 1. Phone interview, 2. Skype or in person, 3. In person. After all 3 interviews you get an offer, or not. The interview process all occurred within 2 weeks of getting a call to set up a phone interview. I received that call within 2 weeks of submitting my resume.

Interview Questions

• Research the company! You will be asked, in every interview, about details of the company. Then you get the standard strengths/weaknesses questions. I was also asked what my spirit animal was. Some of my coworkers were asked that, some weren't, so have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but salary is quite generous for the job.

Manager Interview

Interview

Easy, well informed process that I was well kept informed of. The offer came a little later than I had hoped but overall the process from interview to hire was seamless

Interview Questions

• Given they were in my field of knowledge, all questions, I felt were in line and comfortable / easy to answer   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

3 interviews. 2 Phone interviews, one in person group interview with other staff. A lot of questions about why you want the job, why you want to work there, what workplace culture you want to work in. Show you around the office

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to reach goals you set out to achieve? Have you ever had conflict in the workplace, how do you handle it? What do you like to do for fun? Why do you want this position? Tell me about yourself; Do you have any preplanned vacations?; How do you prioritize tasks, what do you do in a fast paced environment, how do you determine urgent tasks? What do you do during your free time? Why do you want this job? Why are you leaving your job? What work environment would you like to work in?   Answer Question
    • What’s the last book you read? Have you ever had a conflict with your boss, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Practice Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied for the job online, the recruiter responded via email asking to speak with me and what days/time would be best. I responded with options and there was no response. Then when I followed up a week later to see if he still wanted to speak with me, we setup a time. He sent me a Google Calendar invite with his cell # to call him. I called at the scheduled time, no answer. I left a message....no call back and no email to apologize for missing the call. To have a well qualified candidate treated this way is just not acceptable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL).

Interview

I had one interview on the phone with the recruiter, then in person with my supervisor, and then another call with my supervisor's boss. The interview was simple and fair. They were considerate since I had no previous IT experience other than my schools projects. They understood I was working full time while going to school, and focused mainly on my attitude. That plays an important role when getting a job in Ultimate: cultural fitness.

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (New York, NY).

Interview

Do your research! Do due diligence by researching the company; they will ask you what you know about Ultimate Software. Be sure to mention more than just recent honors and awards; mention things like their unique benefits package, outreach, communities, HQ, and most importantly their software.

The process for interviewing for me was a little unique given I worked for one of their clients and had to get approval from my previous (then current) job's Human Resources department. So heads up, if work for one of their clients or competitors, be sure to keep that in mind as it will slow the process a bit. My recruiter was amazing. She made the experience very personal and comfortable.

I had a series of interviews/of the overall process. One phone interview with the recruiter, One assessment, One in-person "blitz" interview from one manager to the next, with a total of three managers. The assessment has many common sense and math-related questions, so be prepared.

One thing I questioned a little was that I was not the only one present for the interview, given they knocked out all possible interviews at once and their was a group of us waiting between each one. This took the spark and anonymity out of the experience a little because it was never mentioned, and I assumed I was going to be the only one their for that period of time.

Everyone was cordial, professional, and very nice. The experience, in general was very good. For me the process took a little over one month, which was okay for me given I already was working at the time.

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

You will have 5 interviews total. 1st interview with recruiter 2nd interview with team manager 3rd interview with the team 4th and 5th interview with senior management. The recruiter was very nice, but the interview process was a bit longer than others and salary offered was lower than average. Although they required an overtime on the position, they wouldn't pay overtime because it is the salary based, but they offer the lower salary.

Desktop Engineer - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email from a recruiter about my applicaiton. They wanted to interview me on the phone. I clear that and moved on to an interview with the team who heads the department, based in Florida at the headquarters. Clear that and moved on to an on-site interview with the team I'd be working with at the office.

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

was good process and friendly and professional. love the interviewer and hope to get this job as i love the company culture. still waiting for the outcome foe the interview it may take up month

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me with some screener-type questions and explanation of the position. She was very sweet and really wants the best fit for both parties. Once I passed that, I was invited back for a “meet n greet” type interview with a breakfast with the hiring managers and other candidates then concluded with 2 tests - SAT ish and a technical portion with 3 hours to complete. Had some essay questions as well. If you passed those, you were called back a that day to come back the following day and have 2 one-on-one interviews with a couple of the hiring managers - one technical based and the other more personality/behavior focused. Was called back within a few hours after leaving the final 2 interviews with an offer!

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

After I applied online, A recruiter reached out to me for a phone screening and bragging about the company and its uniqueness and superiority.
    I bought all that and believed it.
    A phone interview came in about technical and personality for about one hour.
    Very positive feedback comes in, with lots of excitement and appreciation from the director.
    An invitation for a code test comes to my email, I pass it, then an onsite interview is scheduled.
    Results of the code test comes in very highly appreciated and things look great.
    A Sudden forth interview is scheduled with one of the architects who speaks to you with with clear arrogance but asks about very generic concepts.
    You realize the "Mutual disrespect between Java and .NET developers" in its best and your onsite is cancelled and everything goes bad ever-after.
    Then I started to receive automated emails for any other application I have applied for that company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used Microservices?
      Have you used EventSourcing in your projects?
      What are the integration projects you have done?   Answer Question