Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

225 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Smyrna, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 steps: 1. Phone interview, 2. Skype or in person, 3. In person. After all 3 interviews you get an offer, or not. The interview process all occurred within 2 weeks of getting a call to set up a phone interview. I received that call within 2 weeks of submitting my resume.

Interview Questions

• Research the company! You will be asked, in every interview, about details of the company. Then you get the standard strengths/weaknesses questions. I was also asked what my spirit animal was. Some of my coworkers were asked that, some weren't, so have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but salary is quite generous for the job.

Rapid Response Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Asked about my job skills and why I was interested in a long term PT position. Seemed highly interested in my skills talked a lot about the incentives the company offers and what I would be getting. Sent an online assessment and then never speak to you again x 2, and I know I aced the assessment because I'm good at math so not sure what their issue is, try ADP I guess!

Marketing Department Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Really connected with the team. However, unless you know someone in this organization/were refereed by an employee or you have an in-demand skill, you don't have a shot at getting the job. In addition, HR was not very communicative once they had moved on with another candidate. Overall, left a bad impression of what is supposed to be a world-class organization.

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The interview process was extensive, but necessary. They were trying to see if I would be a good fit for the entire team and it gave me a chance to get to know everyone and determine if I felt it was the right choice as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

shady company. position changing as i was interviewing, recruiter refused to tell me which position i was applying for. poster child for corporate waste. the talk about people first seems like a tired corporate slogan with little substance.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions which weren't related to the job description or my skillset.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

It was a basic digital interview where I was given some problems to solve using java code. Not very difficult or time consuming but hit on key areas of java that most coders should know.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing presented was how to manipulate an array to produce a specific, given result.   Answer Question

Rising Stars Payment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Went to an Open House interview for Payment Services Specialist, there were two days that they held this open house and I went on the 2nd day. Had a panel of 2 interview me, then was instructed to wait for next steps. Then had a 2nd in person interview 1:1, after that I was given details about an assessment that I needed to take online for 45 minutes at home to be completed before the end of the day. Had a follow up call the Monday after the open house with more information regarding the position and was asked a few more questions. Received an offer a month later. The waiting time might seem like a long time but it will be worth it when you find out!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Feedback, timeliness, and the people were great up until the final interview. After hearing that the in-person interviews went very well and all had positive comments...crickets. I cannot get the recruiter to respond to emails or phone calls when prior we had been moving at a fast pace and I was told I could expect an offer/decision by last week. I am completely fine with it if the hiring manager decides to move in a different direction, puts the position on hold, or is looking into other candidates, but I would expect to be updated and not left hanging. Going into the in-person interview, Ultimate was my top choice amongst other companies I was interviewing at, but the severe drop in communication has me rethinking my earlier sentiments. Maybe one day I will find out what happened or get closure, but it does not look it will be any time soon.

Interview Questions

• How would you go through the process of launching a new product?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Only phone interview. It seems that I passed the interview, but a week later I received confirmation that they moved forward with someone else. No on-site interview. There was no timeline provided about the process. Recruiter was very friendly.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by an internal recruiter. I Went on 10 rounds of interviews, spread out over 2 months with individuals and teams, including direct reports to the open position and skip level managers. Never heard from organization again, received automated turn down and no feedback.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

4 interviews with a total of 7 people. They like to be thorough to make sure you are a fit for the culture. They prefer to hire you for the long haul!!

Interview Questions

• An Analytical/Listening question. Given direction about staring on one point and seeing where you end up   Answer Question